Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing makeup when not dressed

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar

Wearing makeup when not dressed

I'm just curious how many wear makeup when your not fully dressed.
    I've come to find I can wear a bit of foundation and suddle bit of eye shadow.
    I wear it to work, which by the way my work is extremely open to the LGBT community so no fear there
    I find it just makes me feel better about my appearance, and so you ask does anyone notice?
    I would say they might but no one has ever asked or said anything to me and I've decided if they do
    I will tell them the truth that yes it's makeup.

I only did that once. But I though about wearing a bit of foundation and some eye shadow during drab days.
    Part Time Girl

I will frequently use a little powder on my face, just to take the shine off. That's about it though.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do wear mascara and eye liner quite a bit in guy mode.

Silver Member
    Yes mascara and slight golden tan shadow. Sometimes a little foundation. Same experience, one of the most lbgt friendly companies in the country.

I've never intentionally worn any when I go to the farm but have had some residual once but caught it when I looked in my pickup mirror backing out and went back in and finally got it off. It was some my wife was selling at that time and she had practiced applying it on my lashes. Darn stuff stays put but the right remover did the trick.

Lipstick, often.
    If I have time, a quick eye-job: mascara and perhaps draw in brows.
    But my frequent favorite is lipstick.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Most days at work i do lipstick eyeliner mascara eyeshadow I drive for Uber nobody cares and it makes me feel good and that's what counts

Reality Check
    I was a professional musician many years ago, back in the time when groups dressed up to perform. We all wore makeup to cover our beard shadows. Nowadays, it's apparently stylish to look like you haven't shaved for a couple days and you didn't bother to take a shower or change clothes when you perform.

That was long, long ago. Since then, I have not worn makeup in male mode. Men aren't expected to wear makeup.

I do, most of the time. Very light and subtle. Light eyebrow, touch of makeup, a little blush, mascara, light lipstick and a flit of light perfume on my wrists. I always ask my wife for an opinion. Sometimes she will add a thin eye lid liner. Nice.

According to the latest issue of "Allure", modern guys are beginning to wear a lot of makeup in every day life. Some years ago before I retired, like yourself, I wore subtle face powder, mascara, shadow, lipstick and polish to work along with underdressing. That was what I needed at the time to be myself. No one ever said anything but I'm sure some noticed, especially the woman.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

not I. I'm more likely to go the opposite direction - girl's cloths and no makeup.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I will never pass nor try to but I like wearing women's clothes and shoes that pass for men's. When going out on a date with my very understanding woman friend I occasionally succumb to the urge to add mascara, lipstick and small clip on hoops.

It seems I go against the trend then! I tend to go onstage 70's androgyny style - a little powder, eyeliner and mascara. Sometimes a bit of nail varnish, lipstick and eyeshadow depending on the gig.
    Day to day I often use tinted moisturizer, eyeliner and mascara. Sometimes nail varnish.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I was a professional musician many years ago, back in the time when groups dressed up to perform. We all wore makeup to cover our beard shadows. Nowadays, it's apparently stylish to look like you haven't shaved for a couple days and you didn't bother to take a shower or change clothes when you perform.

That was long, long ago. Since then, I have not worn makeup in male mode. Men aren't expected to wear makeup.

I'm out, but have been told by the owner of the company I work for not to. Then again someone sent pictures of me out in a miniskirt , tank top, heels ,makeup . This is me when I'm not working. Nothing happened , he has known me like my whole life. He doesn't care what I do on my own time. I'm a service technician, I represent the company when I'm working. It would be different if I was to choose to transition.

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    I wear makeup when not dressed quite often, foundation, mascara and lipstick makes me feel absolutely wonderful, mostly I wear a light lipstick but I love how I can also wear a bit bolder color if I want to be noticed . I also wear nail polish, just as not as bright when in boy mode.

I wear permanent eyeliner, silver and gray eyeshadow and very subtle lip color at all times. I couldn't take them off if I wanted to! I also have long acrylic nails which are often polished -- and not necessarily with a subdued color. The nails often attract attention, but the other makeup does not seem to.

- Diane

Yes sure do. Like many here have found bit of foundation powder. Blush eye primer and a natural urban decay color on the lower lids and maybe even some light eye liner.freshen my fave quite a bit without anyone noticing. Love the smell and feel.

Nails, especially in a dinner setting, do seem to draw attention. It is impossible to order, eat, and fish out the plastic CC, without flashing the nails.

I'll sometimes do a nice bold eye while leaving the rest of my face alone and being otherwise dressed as a guy. I think the contrast makes for a pretty cool look.

I have my acrylic nails polished all the time and I'm always getting comments on how nice they are from women I encounter here and there (a couple of guys too). Once in a while I'll apply some mascara and eye shadow, not too bold but enough that you'll see it if you look. Oh, and liquid lipstick in muted colors once in a while too. I often wear a skirt also.

clear lip gloss seems to go unnoticed
    luv J

Mascara if I'm feeling playful but that's about it

Platinum Member
    Hi Leigh ,Just a light scuttle lipstick with a touch of blush Triple earrings and a bracelet and necklace......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I always wear light mascara it just feels so good