Thread: Want to, but can't (yet)

Want to, but can't (yet)

"WOW" the information here is assume. Have been watching the threads for months. Have been dressing in private for years. Wife out of town for the next few days and want to adventure out, but have no wig. Even went to buy one today and backed out. It's that thing where which one to get, that will give the best look possible, and how to ask for help without the feeling that you can get from some sales people. Some of you are so good looking. Will be dressing for the next few days from head to toe. (well 3/4 head to toe) Keep up the good work with all the information from all of you.

If you live near a big city, then there likely will be a crossdressing store/service there. This would be your best bet. You don't have much time and experimenting takes time and lots of money. To take advantage of your short freedom, this would be an excellent way to get out and have some fun. These services usually can direct to any local CD friendly events as well. Tell us where you are from and I am sure someone can direct you as to whhere to go.

Julia

sounds like your headed for a fun couple of days hun, as for buying a wig, you'll find most sales girls don't even look twice when you ask about them, might be different if ya try one on :evil:
    hugs Bobbi

I have had, and will have more, in the future, times to adventure out but with this forum it has helped me be able to do things I never before able to. Also in this big city of Mpls/St. paul I have not been able to find somewhere to go and feel safe.

Well, I'm not from there but when I was there on business I did pick up the local city scene newspaper and saw there were venues. Look online as well.

Julia

The one that I know

The only one that I know in the metro area Lily's just closed . Mainly due to the fact that the landlord jacked the rent way up . If there are others in the TCs i do not know maybe someone else can jump in with info
    Carole/CCD

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Cross
    Well, I'm not from there but when I was there on business I did pick up the local city scene newspaper and saw there were venues. Look online as well.

Julia
    I agree, jusr rember two very inportent things, have fun, this is your chance to let your fem self shine! The second, be safe! Keep us updated and good luck! Love, R.

The Twin Cities

I never ventured out in public yet, but check out the City Pages, they are known for their alternative info. I found a great wig shop in a strip mall in Bloomington on Old Shakopee Road and France, thats where I got the one I'm wearing on the pic. I guess the only way is to do your research and good luck. I hear "The Gay 90's" is a good place to go.

Shelby

Like the slogan says...Just do it. The sales people don't know who you are especially if you pay cash. Chances are you are not the first male to buy a wig. We are everywhere.

Enjoy yourself Sis. I know it was a huge step when I got my wig. Luck for me I found out that there is a very nice CD store near me and the girl that runs the place is wonderful. Kind of fuuny thing that happened when I got my wig. That girl I got it from was running her store out of her house and had just closed it to move to and new store. I got a hold of her and told her I wanted to get a wig. She told me I could pick it up at her other business. Turns out it is a speed shop for cars. Real took guts for me to walk into that place to get my wig. A week or two later I even went back in fem to say hi to her. I didn't see her at frist. so I was going to leave. The GG that works with her comes running out of the store call "Jodi, Jodi". I was suprised that she knew who I was because she had never seen me in fem before. Anyways we talked for a few minutes in the parking lot, full daylight, and on a very bust street. It was great.
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by algessel
    "WOW" the information here is assume. Have been watching the threads for months. Have been dressing in private for years. Wife out of town for the next few days and want to adventure out, but have no wig. Even went to buy one today and backed out. It's that thing where which one to get, that will give the best look possible, and how to ask for help without the feeling that you can get from some sales people. Some of you are so good looking. Will be dressing for the next few days from head to toe. (well 3/4 head to toe) Keep up the good work with all the information from all of you.

Just go to any wig shop. Like it was said before you won't be the first guy in there to buy a ladys wig. I went to a shop a few months ago feeling like I was going to pass out before I went in. The owner Pam was like the best in making me feel at home! I have gone back to pick up a few things and she gives me a hug before I leave both times! Although her husband came in while I was trying on wigs the 2nd time I was there He too treated me well. We talked some guy talk (which was weird while I had on a wig LOL). I was in guy mode as well.

I will go back as soon as I get a few more dollars to buy another wig so I can have another look. It is getting my courage up to go out soon to do some shopping while dressed.

Please go! You won't regret it!

Beth

go for it you only live once ( maybe as a blond )
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Aspiring Member
    To go out femme and be able to pass a wig is most important.

I live in a small village, so had to travel a quite a few miles, but went to a place that specializes in wigs for cancer patients, but this lady is also very good in working with the TG population.
    If you live near a city, and not sue where to go, you could phone some of the places that advertise in the yellow pages, and ask if they were receptive to working with CD'ers. If you get a negative answer or I don't know attitidue, just keep phoning. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment.
    Depending on how big a city you live in, and the chances of bumping into some one you know, for your first time out, it might be advisable to go a distance from home.
    First time i was out femme, i was on vacation about 800 miles from home. Living in a small village with narrow minded people, i usually go at least 75 miles from home for shopping or a dinner out

Good Luck

Denise

Wig shopping

I posted this a while back. I think you'll find a small mom and pop type shop more comfortable.

Mitzi

I just nutted it up and went to a small privately owned wig shop. The woman there was wonderful to me. 'Bout threw me into shock when she asked me if I wanted to try it on. Loved the whole experience. If I were you, I'd go shopping.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

The store that I know of in the

twin cities is Don Muname wigs. I don't know the address but call them first as they are friendly to the TG folks. A bar that is TG friendly to us gals is the Town House on university. On Friday or Saturday night you most always find a few TG folks there having some fun.