Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Use of photoshop with crossdressing?

Banned Spammer
    Here is the very 1st dove Body Evolution viral video

https://youtu.be/iYhCn0jf46U

Banned Read only
    DrEdge,
    This question comes up every so often , so yes I've played around with Photoshop and spent too much time filling CDs with fun images.
    Sorry I'm using a couple I have used before, some day it might happen well OK in my dreams !!

Last edited by Teresa; 07-10-2017 at 05:55 PM.

My feeling is this. There are exactly two kinds of people who view your photos: those that have/will meet you in real life and those who won't. Those who do will quickly realize that the photos were "enhanced". And if I'm never going to meet you real life, I don't particularly care that my photo doesn't meet some artificial standard of beauty. Not that I'm trying to seduce anyone anyway so "enhancing" my physical appearance doesn't really serve a purpose anyway.

When I taught photoshop to high school students I used to tell them "if you can't do it in Photoshop it can't be done" as the software is extremely versatile once you learn the ins and outs. In my photos I use it mainly for color correction, balancing, contrast etc. The only enhancement I will do is to blend in the edge of breast forms or remove a shaving nick or blemish. If you want to experiment with creating a very female face there are programs such as PortraitProfessional which allow you to make subtle changes to your eyes, face shape, lips, and everything else. You can even make very extreme changes and if I can find examples I have done with my photos I will post them.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Found the comparison photo for using the above mentioned program PortraitProfessional. On the left is a photo similar to my avatar and no effects applied. On the right is a very exaggerated version of Danielle. Makes you realize all those fashion models on magazine covers in many cases have also had a lot of artificial assistance in their looks.

Enhanced.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    DrEdge,
    This question comes up every so often , so yes I've played around with Photoshop and spent too much time filling CDs with fun images.
    Sorry I'm using a couple I have used before, some day it might happen well OK in my dreams !!

Oooo I like those, very nice

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    My feeling is this. There are exactly two kinds of people who view your photos: those that have/will meet you in real life and those who won't. Those who do will quickly realize that the photos were "enhanced". And if I'm never going to meet you real life, I don't particularly care that my photo doesn't meet some artificial standard of beauty. Not that I'm trying to seduce anyone anyway so "enhancing" my physical appearance doesn't really serve a purpose anyway.
    Yeah there is a third type of person who view my photos though: myself. In some ways I'm doing this for myself, I just like to see myself this way.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    It's funny to hear guys who use women's clothing, makeup, and wigs to look like a woman say it's deceitful to use photoshop.
    I use photo makeup and face makeup for the same reason: to achieve the look I want.
    I suppose it is but it really depends on what you're doing with it and why.

I don't use Photoshop, but I do use a different photo editor. The reason I take photos in the first place is to try to improve my look and/or find what needs improvement. I don't enhance my makeup or things like that but since I'm using a self timer, I usually need to do some cropping and perhaps compensate for a bad angle or eliminate background clutter that I forgot about when taking the picture.

In my early days, before I had my own wig and clothes, I used software to put a wig on my head and put my head on a woman's body. That was many years ago.

I consider myself a semi-professional photographer. I have had several photographs published as well as having sold many more at art shows.

I'm pretty good with photoshop, considering myself probably a 7 on a 1-10 scale.

I'm not going to make a moral judgement on whether the use of photoshop is right or wrong but I can tell you for a fact that probably 99.9% of all photos you see on the web or in print have been edited in some capacity. Simple edits may include correcting the color of the light, removing an unwanted item or blemish from the photo to as far manipulating the models body quite significantly. Is it wrong? My opinion is that no it is not. As a photographer, I consider a photograph as a work of art and will take the necessary measures to create the best photograph that I can.

I don't recall ever doing a job and the client telling me that they want the end product to be exactly what I initially shoot.

In respect to photoshop, it is one of the most complex pieces of software I have ever worked with. I've probably been using it for about 18 years. I only consider myself a 7 with photoshop because there is so much that you can do with it. A 10 can do way more than I can.

If you'd like to do simple edits, there are many products out there that will do these for you easily and a whole lot cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.

Jackie

Photoshop is a professional tool mainly desgned for graphic artists, but used by photographers as well. Using it to remove slight blemishes, dirt,etc. is totally acceptable. Slight color sorrection is also common and accepted, as is cropping and alignment issues. Over staurating colors is a no no and one of the biggest mistakes made bu those entering photo contests. Photoshop is a darkroom in a box.You can do a lot and get very creative. As long as you are honest about what you do - then go for it and have fun.

I use it for the basics, but do a little bit of enhancing too. Nothing to feel guilty about, as long as you don't overdo it. If they can enhance photos of gorgeous young gg actresses and models, and they do, then nothing wrong with us doing it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm kind of glad I have no clue how to use it because it makes me more confidant in my female presentation.
    I wouldn't feel right to alter my looks and have people actually meet me and think I was a fake.

I don't even have MSOffice on my laptop. Much less Photoshop. Maybe that's another reason I don't have an avatar. I've always heard the Playboy models get airbrushed. Maybe for real until this software appeared. Watched the Dove youtube. Wow. No wonder our girls have an inferiority complex. How can you look like a supermodel when the supermodels don't look like that either. Then I look at me in the mirror. Not close to Tom Cruise much less Nichole Kidman. How do I upload photoshop to this mirror?
    Gwyneth - I've been given a name!

I love Photoshop, I use it to make loads of fun artistic pictures of myself. I have never used it to touch up a picture to make myself look better. But it can be a lot of fun taking a picture where perhaps I like the dress I am wearing but really don't like how I look, being creative and artistic can make a picture that can look amazing.

Take this one for example as an artistic work
    BB1444.jpg
    Last edited by Becky Blue; 07-11-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

That's really cool
    I should do more like that!
    Inspiring.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-12-2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours'

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Samantha hits the nail on the head. I will crop and balance. A friend of mine has "enhanced" a couple, and they are really pretty to be sure. However, I tend to want to represent me as is, leaving my art to dressing and makeup techniques. I want to be able to walk in the room and get the live "you are beautiful" response.
    I am in Meghan's camp on this one. A couple of my pictures, the ones you might find in old threads that I didn't start, have been altered some by someone else but I never have done that. I have always made every effort to be as authentic as I can. It is very important to me and this has been a place where I can do that.

This forum meets a variety of needs. Some come to be something they are not. Others come to be themselves.

I have used "Paint" to alter some photos backgrounds, and to make legs longer, but i don't post those.

Banned Read only
    Jeri,
    I don't alter my pictures from going out socially but the ones I posted were some fun images with outfits that will never happen . Ok they were a while ago but no one is saying CDing shouldn't be fun !

Thanks drEdge the point is the original photo was awful, it caught my rather large nose at its worst. So the picture would have been assigned to my trash folder. Using Photoshop at its best created a fun and interesting picture. I would never alter a standard picture of me when I am out etc...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I've been tempted to alter photos of me and played around with Photoshop for quite a few hours.
    I've found that makeup with contouring, good lighting, a smile, and the right camera angle is much easier than Photoshop.
    And of course a decent wig and dress.
    I do use Photoshop to remove items in the background that someone who knows me might recognize and I crop and change contrast and brightness.
    I took this photo sitting in a chair but changed the background.Attachment 279798
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 07-17-2017 at 06:33 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I gotta tell you, Judy. Not many places have pink forklifts. Right now, there's some warehouse worker at home going... "Wow. That looks just like..."
    I do love that shot.

Banned Spammer
    I used PS cause it's a great tool.
    Its a industry standard photo editing software.

I am not a professional artist, but used Photoshop since beta version 0.56. Never had a lesson or read the manual. I use it to fix things I have to settle for in life (like use Field Blur to hide some arm/leg hair I was asked to not shave), to correct lighting, or make pictures smaller for posting here. But the most fun is to combine drab and Ellen pictures. I have done several with one of each, but just posted a new thread about a party I had with over a dozen Ellen's and drab self. I posted a preliminary picture with many sitting like Heidi
    Hugs, Ellen

I have fun playing with photoshop

Thought I'd show you a 'before' and 'after'. Not passing judgement, just showing what the program is capable of.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have never used photo altering software. Just the crop and functions built into my camera. I will say my Coolpics camera takes a much better photo than my cell phone ever could!!
    Best Wishes, Paula

My daughter sent me a picture of her, when she was young and asked me to clean it up. It was and old photo with a crack going through it. I removed the crack and restored the color and brightness and sent it back to her. She thought it was fantastic. and thanked my for it. I used Gimp and it is a very powerful editor. I also have a couple other editors.
    Part Time Girl

I find photo edit apps like ucam make up to be a lot of fun to play around with as they kind of show me as I.mighy have been with the right hormone package!