Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife lays down the law

"purses", "gallivanting in public" whilst "dressed" what manner of witchery is this?, and I thought my wife was one of the more accepting ones.

Congratulations, thanks for sharing some pictures It looks nice, but how do you carry all of your stuff? Brenda

Nice black peruses, That is great that your wife did that.
    Part Time Girl

That’s so funny, thanks for sharing. It’s great that you have wonderful wife like this, nice purses!!

How awesome that you have such an understanding wife. Especially with a sense of humor. I have the most fun shopping with my wife for clothes and accessories. And the purses look great.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    This is really cool.

Be very very good to this wife!

Do you realize how utterly fortunate you are, just to have a wife, who will allow you to dress at all, let alone go out in public??????????????????????!

Platinum Member

Just Wondering,

Hi Xenia , I am still trying to figure out whether you are bragging or complaining ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    Maybe you could use her old bags? If they look a little used it would only add to your "real" look. But there is nothing wrong with advise from her I wouldn't think. If it makes her accept your CDing more, then even better, follow her "orders" and smile.

Lucky guy. Hopefully my wife will become more acceopting and help me select appropriate attractive outfits.

Reality Check
    My wife helps me with fashion advice. I mentioned that I had just one (black) purse to my name but she said I am welcome to use any of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I have often wondered why women will pay so much for a purse.
    The same reason why men pay so much for watches. Or cars. A designer purse makes us feel good, is seen as exclusive, and is a status symbol. Women care a lot about what others think of them, especially what other women think of them.

I own a Louis Vuitton bag and a Coach bag, and they are absolutely worth it. I don't care to spend much on jewelry or clothes, but a designer handbag is an essential part of a woman's wardrobe. Unlike clothing or jewelry, everyone can easily see the logo on your purse and know what brand you're carrying. It matters.

If you're going to splurge on one wardrobe item, make it a designer handbag. You will instantly gain more respect from other cis women by carrying one.

I think Mirya is sort of correct in that the logo is important - to some. I believe that if something is nice, it's nice! I buy all my clothes from consignment stores and get loads of compliments on them, no brands showing (if they were, I wouldn't buy them). I have a ring that I bought for $5 that women go gaga over. I can put an H&M top with the right skirt and look like I stepped off a private jet. If it was only the logo that women were respecting, then I don't need that respect! I only look at the logo if I like what it is attached to, not the other way round.

But you should make sure your purse looks nice, designer or not.

Lucky girl Xenia!! I've had to help out my hubby. Some of his choices are not very good but shopping with my new "girlfriend" is fun.

DADT is not very good for a relationship. But, there is one good side effect; She doesn't know what I buy so she can't complain about it too me.

BTW, my favorite bag kind of looks like yours, but it's a Kmart Jaclyn Smith special that I got on sale.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Umm hey were are the pics of the ugly bag???? I HAVE to see for myself.

At least you weren't prancing around the house like some here think we do, that would be so wrong.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    As an aside: Out of curiosity I just did a YouTube search for "prancing"...

The first several results?

Good stuff!

But, yeah. I second the nomination for a pic of "Ugly Bag"...

What a fantastic relationship.
    Your wife's a gem. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirya View Post
    The same reason why men pay so much for watches. Or cars. A designer purse makes us feel good, is seen as exclusive, and is a status symbol. Women care a lot about what others think of them, especially what other women think of them.
    Not all men pay a lot for watches or cars. Being a bit frugal all my life is part of what allows me to live the lifestyle I do today as a retired person.

I wouldn't know a $600 purse from a $16 purse and I'm probably not going to get close enough for long enough for a stranger to be able to read the label. I think it's foolish and impresses nobody to spend $600 for a bag to carry your ID and money.

A few weeks back my wife and I went to the outlet mall spent over $100 on me all female things and got nothing for herself.
    Angie

I agree with one of the previous posts -- the title of this thread went in a totally different direction than I thought. I am glad that it was a "happy" story for you, as I can only dream about that level of acceptance and help. You are indeed very lucky!

I'm way late on this thread, but since purses are a thing for me I thought I'd chime in.

First of all, Xenia, congratulations on having such a cool wife! With both of you having a bit of a penchant for an androgynous look on you I suspect it won't be long before you're getting some use out of your new awesome purses in guy mode as well!

Purses were an afterthought for me for decades. My ex was not into flashy or designer bags, so I suppose that influenced me to think little about them. The first time I experienced the "power" of a statement purse was by accident. I'd picked up a bag I liked, sort of flashy, at a thrift store. A Dooney, or at least that's what the emblem said. The first time I carried it into the salon where I got my hair done (where they knew me well) I got so many compliments and the conversation that followed was all about purses. Where we got them, what we carried in them, what we liked and didn't like. Even after that I didn't quite pick up on the fact that expensive designer purses were such a thing with some (a lot!) women.

I started dating a woman who was one of these women who is way into purses. Not extravagant in any other way really, but she liked really nice purses. Over time and with her encouragement I caught that bug, so much that I started carrying them in male mode. Like with clothes, I developed preferences for what I wanted as to style and functionality of the purses I chose. It was/is no longer that one is as good as another. If there's one thing we'll always gravitate toward when we're shopping it's purses. It's a very cool shared thing.

What I found out after I started carrying nice purses is that it's THE most frequent conversation starter of anything I wear. I wear nail polish in male mode, too, and the conversation may eventually go there, but it almost always starts with a compliment on my purse. It also made me much more observant of the purses other women are carrying, and I'm much more likely to comment on theirs. It's just an easy thing to talk about, I think because it's less personal than complimenting or commenting on other articles of clothing or appearance. Purses are a statement of style, and in our case, commitment. Whether you're in male mode, androgynous, or full fem I think it conveys the idea that this is serious, intentional, and normal thing for you. For me, it's gone from being the least important and least thought about thing I wear to being one of the most.

Reality Check
    "What I found out after I started carrying nice purses is that it's THE most frequent conversation starter of anything I wear."

Yea, if you are a man carrying a purse, it's bound to be a conversation starter. It won't matter if it's a $16 purse or a $600 purse.

We went on a little vaca last week. I got to spend 3 days (out) with my (girl) it was amazing!! We shopped for lots of things for (her) a girl has (needs) we had the best time!! I really can't wait for more "girl time"