Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife lays down the law

Talking My wife lays down the law

As I've written recently, I've finally started venturing out into public while all dressed up.

Which prompted my wife to sit me down the other day and tell me that she thought it was HIGHLY inappropriate for me to be gallivanting around town....

...while carrying such a hideous purse. She informed me, as gently as possible, that the one purse I owned was the ugliest thing she'd ever seen.

And of course she was right. I'd bought the thing online several months ago for less than $20 as an impulsive addition to a shoe order. Part of me has always bristled at the idea of dropping $100-200 (or more!) on what's essentially a sack to hold stuff, so "cheap and functional" seemed like a good way to go. But yeah, it was nothing much to look at.

So today she decided she was dragging me--NO EXCUSES!--to the outlet mall to acquire a couple bags that were more fashionable and appropriate for my outings.

And hey, since we were there anyway, and there were so many great bargains, she figured she might as well pick up 4 or 5 new bags for herself. Ha! I knew there had to be an ulterior motive! These outlets can be dangerous places.

A small price to pay for having an in-house fashion consultant.

Subject line shouldn't say; My wife lays down the law. It should read; My wife lays down the plastic! lol
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't see a problem here.

You have a great wife - what do your new bags look like?

Neat lady, and congradulations on that level of acceptance.

Cute story...but I'm with Bridget, what does your new purses look like?
    Last edited by Jillian Faith; 07-10-2017 at 05:50 AM.

Your own house specialiist on fashion and consultant in your own house, you are too lucky. Count your blessings Xenia and you'll find your wife at the top of the list. Wish we were all so lucky. Were you dressed as you were lucky enough to be dragged to the outlet mall.
    In my opinion the only complaint you have is spending too much money which I can agree on. The rest of your post is a dream come true for any cd...

Xenia, What a great story. My fiancee has derided some of my clothing choices and we have gone shopping to recite the issues.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Glad the content of your message was not accurately foretold by the title.

Your story sounds great to me! Let's see those purses! I have 4 so far and will be getting more! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I love that! She's been a GG for her whole life and it's lovely to have that experience in what looks good or not. Sometimes we as CDs just impulse buy things and not realize how fugly it is! I hope you got some really cute purses! Much love! 😘

Aspiring Member
    Xenia,
    Great story, thanks for sharing. Brava to your wife for her acceptance and support.
    Michele

I'll bet you went to Woodbury Commons. A lot of great stores to get fashionable purses.

Jodi

So MY wife wanted to know I was smirking at, so I read her your post. Unfortunately we were in the car and she nearly ran off the road with laughter. When she finally was able to get some semblance of control of herself she gasped "You can't gallavant with an ugly purse!" Good thing she wore the waterproof mascara today. Thanks for the great story.

Platinum Member
    Behind every accepting partner there is the desire to shop!

How about a few clues: 1- what do bad bags look like and 2- what makes a bag a good bag?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Try thrift/consignment stores, I just picked up 2 nice bags at Goodwill $5 ea.

Cute story!

Gold Member
    Wow!! This sounds like a great deal. Buy her all the hand Bags she want, and getting some for
    yourself is a double Plus deal. Congratulation.
    Rader

Xenia,

You are practicing for your creative writing class.
    Baiting us to a sweet story.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I'll bet you went to Woodbury Commons. A lot of great stores to get fashionable purses.

Jodi
    Yes! That place is fantastic. For the task at hand, we hit Coach, Dooney and Bourke, Vera Bradley, Furla, Kate Spade, and probably others I'm forgetting. Even with the huge markdowns, if we bought all the bags we loved we'd have left a couple thousand dollars poorer. They even have an outlet store for Robert Graham, who makes my favorite men's shirts. A highly recommended place to spend a day or two.

I made this trip in drab mode....it was sort of a spur of the moment thing, and the 2+ hours it would have taken for a full transformation would have cut too much into valuable shopping time. Definitely hoping to return en femme at some point though.

Here are the two bags I bought. One Coach, one Kate Spade.....about $150 for both! We both agreed that simple, elegant black bags would be good to start since, of course, they go with everything.

IMG_0827.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg

Okay I thought that was SOOO funny!!! but I am THAT person....I want to see the FUGLY purse!!!! LOL

thanks for the laugh....Greeneyes!

Simple but classy - good purchases

Best thing I heard all day.

Reality Check
    I have often wondered why women will pay so much for a purse. I have one purse to my name. I think it was $16 on sale. It's black with a few compartments. It's not ugly, it's just a purse. I holds whatever I need it to when I go out. And of course, black goes with anything.