Thread: Came out to my psych doctor

Came out to my psych doctor

I have several issues in my life that are not germaine to my crossdressing (PTSD) but in one of the sessions I mentioned that I was a crossdresser. He never batted an eye. He asked in a later session if it was something I wanted to address. I said I wasn't wanting to change, I was okay with it. He stated that if that was the case, and if my wife was okay with it, he saw no reason for me to change. BTW, he is a Christian counselor.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Hi VAWyman, that’s cool to hear his response about the crossdressing part. I have suffered for many years with Anxiety and Panic attacks, my heart is with you concerning the PTSD , take care

I started seeing my gender identity therapist a while ago, about eight weeks into the professional relationship I made some comment about so do you read me as transsexual?
    Her reply was "oh transgendered, no question on that, that's why we've been dealing with everything else but that for the last six sessions."

I came out to my PTSD psych about 20 years ago. She said that she could give me a pill to stop my urge to cross dress. I declined. She asked why I brought it up. I said maybe it might help to figure out my PTSD. She asked if I was happy when I cross dress. I told her that is the only time that I am happy. She said then don't ever stop. I jokingly asked for a prescription to cross dress (take my clothes off as a medical expense).
    My wife got the prescription laminated and keeps it in her purse.

Banned Read only
    Victoria,
    Cding is the core of many of us, our wiring is different, I personally wouldn't hold back on giving him the whole story even if you fell it doesn't affect your life that much at the moment , to many of us it gets stronger the older we get . Bring it out in the open now so you will be prepared for the future needs .