Thread: anyone a graduate are have took classes at Miss Vera's Finishing School?

Banned Spammer

Thumbs up anyone a graduate are have took classes at Miss Vera's Finishing School?

Did you get much better at feminine projection?.
    Tell your story.

Gold Member
    When i was first trying to learn about how to dress, I bought that book hoping for advice on how to do makeup, what sizes I wore, how to track fashions etc...
    Instead the book was just an expensive ad for the school.

Looking back, remembering the cover showing 3 VERY non-passable and ridiculous looking CDs, I should have known better. Eh whatever, I was brand new to the world of TG back then.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Never got that book although I did know someone who went with Miss Vera. I instead purchased the book " The Art and Illusion of Cross Dressing" by the late Joanne Roberts. I got some good tips from that although ultimately I came up with my own style of doing things.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I actually know a friend who went to a finishing school in Switzerland and you know what? They turned out totally incompetent to deal with or to understand the ways of life. Finishing schools are for rich people to learn to how to be mamby pamby house bound simpletons with no concept of how life really functions.

I don't have a lot of use for the GG "Queen Bee's" who gather their little groups of crossdressers, so maybe a professional makeover and photoshoot may happen (in another 25 pounds - size 10 or death!), but I don't think I could deal with the sissy culture the school seems to specialize in. YMMV
    I saw the book at a store in NYC, thumbed through it, and left it where it was, I think it was the same day I picked up Making Faces by Kevin Aucoin - much better use for my money.
    Bobbi46 - Miss Vere's is a crossdressing business, not a "buff and shine" academy to turn your wealthy daughter into a trophy wife for a businessman, or government official.

I bought and read Miss Vera's first 2 books but have never thought of going to her finishing school.

The first book was nice and the second wasn't a lot of help.

Rachel,
    Thank you for pointing that fact out to me. The whole of this thread now makes complete and understandable sense now.
    I must also offer my apologies about my first comment at the start of this thread it was inappropriate to say the least. sorry.

Banned Spammer
    Since Vera's is not a good school based on feedback.
    Vera was a model are actress.

what school is good?

There are plenty in San Francisco.
    How about others in new York?

There is Boudoir in West Hollywood that has good reviews.she learned from a famous drag queen.

I have been to 14 CD transformation salons. One of which was Miss Vera's. It was, by far, the worst experience I have ever had. Overpriced, no help at all. No redeeming qualities. I would give an F. I could go on and on and describe what was bad, but I won't bore anyone. Unless you want me too!
    Lauren

Banned Spammer
    Go ahead and bore me.
    It's a Fair Warning!

Quote Originally Posted by lauren21403 View Post
    I have been to 14 CD transformation salons. !
    Not interested in the bad experience at Miss Vera's, would love to hear about any worthwhile experiences along the way though from the other 13.

Banned Spammer
    Doing a prom makeover the client complains that I am putting black stuff on her face that does not look good (its the War paint are and clown makeup stage).I had to show her what happens when you blend it to get a smooth transition/gradient. She was fighting me tooth and nail before I blended it.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 07-11-2017 at 03:14 AM.