Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are women's clothes softer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are women's clothes softer?

I love wearing women's clothes and crossdressing for 2 reasons.... I like to make myself up to look like a hot and sexy woman. The other reason is, a lot of the women's clothes I wear feel so soft. The softness I love especially. Panty, camisole, slip dresses, they all feel very soft. And now today I received a white Satin Blouse which is made of the same material. Leaves me wondering what else is made of the same material. Now I now that there are probably a couple articles of men's clothing that is made of the same stuff, but I doubt I have ever wore it. I've been in love with this great feeling when I wore my Princess Peach outfit for the first time, the bottom part of the dress feeling this way.
    Now my question is, are women's clothes softer than men's? I felt pretty sure before that they are, but after receiving my new dress today, I am now more than ever convinced that they are. Also while we're on the subject another question.... Do women like softer clothes than men? I'd have to say yes absolutely. If this is the case, and if liking softer feeling clothes makes me more of a woman, then I'm not ashamed or embarrassed. I'm just sorry I didn't discover these types of clothes earlier in life. But unfortunately unlike a lot of others on these forums, I got a later start on CDing.

OMG ! Yes ! So Unfair ! Why don't we get to waltz around and sleep in all that wonderful satin and nylon !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you noticed the difference yourself so why do you ask the question when you already know the answer.
    So its now waltzing around Robbie what happened to prancing and swishing?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-10-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Ay chihuahua, you are so right womans shoes,cloths,and everything female is more cute and pretty.
    Love&hugs

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have found that womens clothing is in some cases 'softer' but for me look is more important than feel. When dressed, just as in drab, I don't really notice the feel of what I'm wearing so long as it looks good. Do women like softer clothes?, not in my wife's case, she's happy in jeans and baggy tops
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Yes the clothes are softer and many tops and skirts go through the hand wash as they don't need to get tossed around. I have only one skirt that goes through the regular wash and it is a tough material and has a bunch of pockets. must have been a military skirt. Love wearing it though. But all of my other things are soft. None of my drab clothes are soft. except a couple shorts I had for for night stuff.
    Part Time Girl

They are much more soft, and sensual. I do not get so many GG's i know, and see, wearing the rough kind of clothes! Too much of a good thing, spoiled? I guess .

In general yes. Softer fabrics tend to be more delicate, which is why they are rarely used for "rough and tumble" men's clothing. Plus, women's fashion is supposed to change in the regular, whereas men's wear generally stays the same so durability is far less important (if you don't wear it out, it'll be out of fashion eventually).

And then there is also the psychological association of soft=feminine that makes men's clothes in those materials a hard sell.

Yes they are and I love it! Love to feel delicate and sexy!

Aspiring Member
    Yes ! I couldn't agree more, women's clothing tends to be way softer and smoother in touch. I use the analogy : men's clothing feels like wearing a burlap sack, on the other hand women's clothing feels like wearing the smoothest silk and the most luxurious fabric on the planet.

In fact, other than style, that is how I base my purchase on women's clothes. I touch the article of clothing and if it feels soft and smooth, it is "add to cart" time.

Yes for sure. But of course a woman is generally softer than a man. Me personally love all the silk, satin, lace, and chiffon I can find.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nonsense! Nothing is softer or more comfy than my drab, loose, pure cotton tidy whiteys, jeans, and button shirts.

U all may feel more natural, sexy, and/or sensual in those fem synthetics. But, on a hot day? You'll melt and sweat. While I'll be cool as cucumber------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Womens clothes are softer, and more comfortable. Womens shoes are much lighter in weight than mens shoes. I weighed some of my fem sandals on a postal scale, and they only weigh several ounces, compared to much more for mens shoes. Both womens clothes and shoes are designed to expose more skin. Womens shorts are much shorter than mens, exposing a lot of thigh, while mens shorts are usually just at the knee or below, and slightly heavier material. And I have several short sundresses with bare shoulders, and soft material that feel better than any mens clothes I own.

Doc, I agree, in that the stretchy,tight undergarments of women, like girdles,corsets, bras, high heels, can be very uncomfortable, and hot, yet so sexy!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Melanie Anne, It is ironic, that womens shoes, and shorts, dresses, tops allow more skin to be seen, but we men , can go out with no shirt on!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sometimes Miss. I agree about thongs. i would never wear one. Too much of a wedgie, uncomfortable. i only wear full cut panties or panty girdles.

I would have to say a big YES!!! Also more comfortable and stylish too!

Platinum Member
    My first interest in women's clothing was nylon full slips. My mother use to hang clothes to dry in the hallway to the bedrooms. I had to negotiate a path through the clothes. I found the nylon fabric to be like none that I wore as a little boy. First I would caress the slip. When mom hanged her slips from a drying rack suspended from the sole bathroom ceiling I would try to slip into it without taking it off the clothes pins. Finally, I got the nerve to take them down and try them on. It was soon thereafter I tried on her floor length nylon nightgowns. The feel was heavenly. Tonight for the first time since March 2016 I am pecking away on the keyboard fully en femme with a very nice Velrose long slip; 31 inch natural length from the waist and a Vanity Fair nylon panty.

It's the same material
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think even women's t-shirt material is softer than men's. It must have a higher thread count.

not all, but most of it. You can buy female clothes rough like men's, most cheap, but you also can buy female clothes very soft, and not too expensive. Try this with male clothes, if you find some soft as women's it will cost much more.
    Most of male clothes are made of cotton, cotton, cotton ... COTTON.

Love women's clothes! Soft, stretchy, and light weight. First pair of Lee's stretch skinny jeans got me hooked!!

Of course women's clothes are softer. Admittedly I have an affinity for satin and silk. Love the soft feeling. The most common piece of male clothing that comes in theses fabrics is a necktie.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    Most male clothes are not made of cotton, they are synthetic or a synthetic/cotton blend. Cotton can be very soft or it can be rough, depending on how it's processed and what the final garment is intended for.

Basically most men's clothing is intended for rougher use than most women's clothing. You can find soft men's clothing if you look for it. You can find silk dress shirts.

To answer the OP's question, some women's clothing is softer than some men's clothing. Some is not.

Absolutely they are! Its what's part of the appeal of womens clothing. For me, its in part about the feeling of the fabric against my bare skin. This just releases a really good 'Feel-Good" factor which enables me to relax a lot more than I would while wearing my "male" clothes.

Its times like this I wish I were a woman, so I could wear these types of clothes all the time and not just a few hours each day. Keep in mind this does not mean I am going to be a transgender girl though and have zero intentions on ever becoming women. And as for the "feel good" factor, these clothes do make me feel more relaxed, happy, and even more feminine. I don't get any good feelings from wearing male clothes. I constantly think women are very lucky to be women just because of the fact that they get to wear such great clothes.

Absolutely!! Even my wife agrees. I dress as often as possible, always panties, camisole, half slip, sheer hose, etc. I always enjoy slipping on lingerie, even at night and hate taking things off. Even shorts, tops, skirts, dresses are softer and more comfortable....wonderful.