Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An interesting proposal

Go for it. I agree with Teresa about tucking, if you are not sure how to do it properly you have time to learn.
    This would take away any excitement worries.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    That's not good advice. .
    I was actually referring to the good things one can miss out on. I personally wish I had done more travelling around the world, things like that. If something potentially bad could happened you wouldn't wish you had done it would you.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

That's not good advice. There are many times in my past when I considered doing something and now understand how that thing could have had a negative effect on my entire life.

If you stop and think, there are things you have done in the past that affected your entire future.
    Sooooo you do nothing, because something bad "might" happen?

If you really stop to think about it, EVERYTHING you have done in the past has affected your life, for good or for ill. And yes, I agree that almost everyone has had one of those "hold my beer & watch this" moments. Some folks more than once.... But not every decision is a life or death, make or break moment. The OP has been given an opportunity to stretch her wings a little and to support a friend. Could there/will there be consequences? Damnbetcha! but by not going, she will always think: woulda, coulda, shoulda and regret a missed opportunity.

my 2 centavos
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

OMG Jessica I would be there in a flash girl. Go for it hun.
    Angie

i would jump on that opprotunity
    and as for the getting turned on, just tuck it in tight !

Just a quick note..... (shouldn't be here now) You don't know what she has imagined in her mind for what to put you in. Maybe jeans and makeup??? Who knows. I would just go for it . If there is concern then say stuff like "so what about underwear....do I need to get my own?" or "I'm a guy that generally doesn't do things "half way" and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable wearing your underwear". This could possibly make a shopping trip with her happen too!

I am anxiously awaiting a reply to this. I would like to know how the night went.

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    Please don't assume some of us need all the extras you listed , OK I go along with makeup and wig and something to give you a reasonably shaped bust but not all of us need hip and butt padding, in fact I wouldn't have had room in the leather skirt in my avatar . Also the voice is not that important, no one I've met in the TG community uses a false voice, even so the chances of someone recognising you are very slim.

Despite what you advise not many of us here would give up the same opportunity.

The important thing is we are not women, we are transgendered men who on the whole do a good job of becoming convincing females as long as we wear appropriate clothes for the occasion .

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Oh you absolutely MUST go. And then enjoy! Cheers. Take pics.
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

Hi Jessica,
    I know full well what you're worried about, and it's a tough decision when you don't want to reveal this side of your life, yourself. For what it's worth, and coming from someone a bit long in the tooth and completely closeted (sadly due to my career), I'd kill to go back to when I was your age and have this opportunity. OMG...To have a young woman help you dress up and to go out with you? Such things don't happen for many of us, certainly not me.

How should I act, both towards the dressing up and once as a girl?
    Just be yourself, saying you took a dare. Ask laughingly, "So, how do I look?"

What kind of outfit would be best for this occasion? Are there parts of women's clothing I definitely should(n't) wear?
    I say go as beautiful and/or sexy as you want. Really, once you jump over the gender fence, you're in that yard and the degree to which you're there really won't matter. Allow your inner dreams to come true while, if needed, presenting yourself as it all just being a crazy, fun lark.

Hope you do this, but only if you promise to have fun!!!
    Last edited by Robyn2006; 07-15-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Silver Member
    You say you'd be concerned about being discovered. So consider this approach...

Let HER pass the word around to the dorm females that you are being such a great guy for agreeing to do it for her. Its much akin to performing in a woman-less pagent, for example. Her sizes may not be yours, but with the word out, other females could be asked to help by loaning clothes and shoes that may be more correctly sized. If there is concern about lingerie loaning, have her go with you to a charity or discount shop. Ditto for any other garments needed. There's always a Walmart around, too. Chicken fillets? I'll be some dorm gals have them, too.

In this way, you'll not be discovered. Others will know before the dress up ever happens. The word will get out to the dorm guys, too. Who knows? There may be one or two who'd like to participate, too.

Just a scientific, wild ass suggestion.

hello Jessica,
    if you know that the club is in a safe area then go for it.
    I bet many of the members here would loved to be dressed by a girl friend and taken to a club... it rids us of a lot of guilt to be able to say that it eas the friends idea or that we are only doing it to help a friend.
    luv J

I agree, you go gurl, have fun!
    Brandy Mathews

I hate to go outside the box here because this is/was every one of our dreams/fantasies. It might be a once in a lifetime experience that you may even spend the rest of your life regretting if you don't BUT I have to agree with Krisi 100% here. Everyone telling you to do it is telling you this because it doesn't affect their lives at all, and I am not trying to sound nasty about it, but it doesn't. It's the same as telling everyone to get out there because no one cares or will even pay attention and we all know that's not a true statement either.

Ultimately it is YOUR choice, You have to weigh both sides out like Krisi stated and see where You stand after some good long thinking about it. I know the idea excites you, hell, it would excite me but what will the fallout be for doing such and are you truly ready for that fallout? A lot of times the reason a lot of us don't go past the front door (or very often if we do) is because we are afraid of the fallout that may come with it. be smart and think it completely through.....it's not bad if you do, it's not bad if you don't, it's completely up to YOU to decide.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Aspiring Member
    I'd do it. In fact there was a car enthusiasts club I belonged to many years ago which had a close to 50:50 mix of young men and women. At one meeting one of the women suggested that the (the women) all arrange to go to a local night club that was having a women only night (there were going to be male strippers). Then somebody suggested that some of the guys could also go if they dressed us up. So 3 of us did. They found us suitable dresses, shoes, wigs etc., and did our makeup and they made us look quite convincing. At that time, being a CD, LGBT etc., was not widely accepted, so it was very daring of us, but anyone who knew (ie the other club members) just thought we were doing it for a lark. Nobody suspected that I was secretly loving every minute of it.
    The good thing was that with the girls doing our make up and styling our hair, we genuinely looked like women, and we were basically unrecognisable to anyone who knew us.
    At the night club, security didn't seem to notice (or care).
    We had a great night (although I'm definitely not into male strippers!)

dear lord yes! go! That sounds like so much fun.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    I hate to go outside the box here because this is/was every one of our dreams/fantasies. It might be a once in a lifetime experience that you may even spend the rest of your life regretting if you don't BUT I have to agree with Krisi 100% here. Everyone telling you to do it is telling you this because it doesn't affect their lives at all, and I am not trying to sound nasty about it, but it doesn't. It's the same as telling everyone to get out there because no one cares or will even pay attention and we all know that's not a true statement either.

Ultimately it is YOUR choice, You have to weigh both sides out like Krisi stated and see where You stand after some good long thinking about it. I know the idea excites you, hell, it would excite me but what will the fallout be for doing such and are you truly ready for that fallout? A lot of times the reason a lot of us don't go past the front door (or very often if we do) is because we are afraid of the fallout that may come with it. be smart and think it completely through.....it's not bad if you do, it's not bad if you don't, it's completely up to YOU to decide.
    Thank you for bringing some reality into this thread.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Krisi,
    Please don't assume some of us need all the extras you listed , OK I go along with makeup and wig and something to give you a reasonably shaped bust but not all of us need hip and butt padding, in fact I wouldn't have had room in the leather skirt in my avatar . Also the voice is not that important, no one I've met in the TG community uses a false voice, even so the chances of someone recognising you are very slim.

Despite what you advise not many of us here would give up the same opportunity.

The important thing is we are not women, we are transgendered men who on the whole do a good job of becoming convincing females as long as we wear appropriate clothes for the occasion .
    Your advice is fine for a transsexual but the originator of this thread has not identified as transsexual. My assumption is that she is a closeted crossdresser who wishes to remain closeted at this time.

One of the problems of web forums is that people post from their own perspective and situation. Not everyone has that same perspective and situation.

Banned Read only
    Jeassica,
    I'm not sure your questions were answered so I'll try.
    Definitely go, don't miss a great opportunity.
    If you could look like your avatar that would be a great top; Mid thigh mini skirt (will make you feel girly), hose and 3" heels (practice before). Definitely bra and panties/thong. If something comes up while getting dressed she will like the idea of you getting turned on, when things go down go in the bath room and do the tuck, then show her how much you look like her.
    Act like you normally would, low key but on the feminine side.
    After you set down and order a glass of wine, not a beer you will start to relax and really, really enjoy being a girl. Also slow dance close with your friend. It will add to the evening.
    I predict this will just be the start of something GREAT between the two of you.

You now have the advise, do it and let us know.

Krisi, the fact that the OP posted shows that she is very tempted to take up the opportunity. If she wasn't considering it we would not have heard about it at all. People telling her to go for it are all basically saying given the limited information available they would go for it as opportunities like that are very rare as most of us will attest to. Of course you have as much right as anyone to provide your opinion, but I totally disagree that to go out one needs hip and butt pads. I have been out well over 20 times without any padding. Take a close look at any bunch of women less than 50% have the classic hourglass figure that we all aspire to.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

So Jessica, you've been very quite. What are your plans? When is this going to happen?
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Krisi, the fact that the OP posted shows that she is very tempted to take up the opportunity. If she wasn't considering it we would not have heard about it at all. People telling her to go for it are all basically saying given the limited information available they would go for it as opportunities like that are very rare as most of us will attest to. Of course you have as much right as anyone to provide your opinion, but I totally disagree that to go out one needs hip and butt pads. I have been out well over 20 times without any padding. Take a close look at any bunch of women less than 50% have the classic hourglass figure that we all aspire to.
    If you feel that you pass as a woman without womanly hips and butt, that's fine for you. And the fact that you have been out 20 times without them is irrelevant. I have photos of me dressed and I believe I look far more feminine with hip and butt padding than without.

I have taken a close look at women and I continue to do so and in my experience, except for very thin and very fat women, almost all have noticeable hips and butts. Perhaps not "hourglass" but decidedly female. I suggest that you sit and watch people walking away from you and try to decide if they are male or female from the back view.

I just posted on another thread that we have the disadvantage of trying to pass as females while having male bodies. Strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig is a start but every little bit helps with the illusion. Having feminine hips and butt goes a long way towards that.

You are correct though, in saying that you don't have to have hips to go out. You can go out anyway you please. Some members here go out wearing a dress but with a beard and bald head. That's their choice. My choice is to do everything possible to attempt to pass as a woman. To each his/her own.

Kristi, there is a very big difference between going out without padding and going out with a beard... I believe that the obvious gender markers such as heels, long hair, makeup and noticeable boobs is usually more than sufficient to blend. Add a dress or skirt and the vast majority will not process past the obvious..
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    However...its mysterious...most lesbians do not own a dress. Nor a wig. Nor makeup. Pantyhose--not likely.
    High heel shoes--not a chance. Bring your own.

Does she know the truth? Will she guess the truth about your "hobby"? Are you ready for that?
    Will your deep voice be a problem at the venue?
    When you go to the bathroom--sit down.
    She might be lesbian but is not a stereotype. She does wear dresses, makeup etc. She doesn't know the truth, no one does, and I don't see this as coming out. And yes I will mind my voice and sit down in the bathroom like a proper girl

You've been given a lot of suggestions to "just do it" and someone even said it was a "no brainer".

I suggest you engage your brain and think about this. Do you have the wig, breast forms and hip padding to pull this off, to actually pass as a woman? When you dress up and with your wig on, are you recognizable as your male self? What about your voice?

What is the likelihood of people you know seeing you? What is the likelihood of them recognizing you? What is the likelihood of word of this getting back to people you know or family members?

This is a bit like the "dressing as a woman for Halloween" thing. If you do a lousy job of presenting with a costume wig, rolled up socks for breasts and no hip padding, it will be taken as a one time joke. On the other hand, if you have a good wig, good forms, good butt padding, good makeup and carry yourself as a woman, people will easily figure out that this isn't the first time you've dressed as a woman.

Someone mentioned that you are young and at the age where experimenting may be OK. This is true up to a point. At your age and situation, this is less likely to affect your career than if you did it at age 40 with a career and family.

It's something you have to decide for yourself. Don't look at the posts on this forum as a vote, people here will not be affected by you following their advice, you will. Think about it.
    To us it's not all about being able to pass as a woman. If I do, that's wonderful but that's not what the night is about. It's just for fun, at least for her.
    There might be people to recognize me or not, depends. Thing is because it's just for fun, I can use that as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    This sounds like a good opportunity. I'm guessing that you and your friend have discussed LGBT issues before, and you have identified yourself as an ally. Have you ever talked about the transgender side of LGBT with her? If so, has she expressed any feelings on that subject matter? If she appears to understand how to be an transgender ally, you may want to think about coming out to her before you visit the LGBT meeting. Having someone who knows and is supportive is invaluable. If you haven't talked about it, a possible opening is: "I want to make sure that I won't offend anyone who is transgender." Then you can discuss "what you've seen online" about being a transgender ally.

Another possible step, is to ask that you give the outfit a trial run in the privacy of one of your dorm rooms, in order to make sure that you feel comfortable before committing (reassuring her that you'll still attend with her regardless, but you may be more comfortable in boy clothes). If that goes well, that could be an opportunity to come out. Regardless, please don't expect that this will turn into anything other than a friendship. Don't think that since she's lesbian, that seeing you in drag will suddenly make her attracted to you.

The last thing you may want to discuss is how you will get from one of your rooms to the meeting without being seen, especially by people who know you. If that is a big concern, maybe you can find a single occupant restroom near the meeting place, and change there? And have a story prepared in case Murphy's law rears its ugly head and you can't avoid running into someone.

If you don't do this, you will likely regret it later in life. But, you should still play it safe, and make sure you have taken sufficient precautions that you won't be outed before you are ready. Regardless of whether you decide to dress or not, I do encourage you to regularly attend the meetings with her. Remember as an ally, that you should listen more than you speak. But as you get to know people in the organization, hopefully you'll get to a point where you'll be comfortable coming out to them. And know, that these groups have strict rules about not outing someone else.

Please keep us updated.

EDIT: I just looked back and realized that I might have misread "LGBT Club." I assumed you were talking about an on-campus student club, but you are probably talking about a night club. That changes some of the advice. There's no guarantee that you won't be outed by someone you meet there. Especially if straight people sometimes attend the club.
    She just knows I have no problems with LGBT people and I wanna support her. I have no intention of coming out to her as a CD, at least not at the moment.
    I also don't expect to get into a relationship with her just because I'm dressed as a girl. She's a friend to me and that's all. Maybe a kiss, who knows, but no more.
    Also yes, it's not an LGBT club, just a night club.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn2006 View Post
    How should I act, both towards the dressing up and once as a girl?
    Just be yourself, saying you took a dare. Ask laughingly, "So, how do I look?"
    That's cute! I can imagine myself twirling around like a princess and asking her that question

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdreams View Post
    So Jessica, you've been very quite. What are your plans? When is this going to happen?
    I've been away for some time, I'm just now reading and replying, but I'm going to write an update in a sec!

I would go in a heartbeat. I did have a girls night out with a woman after a professional makeover and loved every minute of it. I always felt it was worth the risk and as someone has already said I knew I would regret it if I did not do it. Go for it Girlfriend and enjoy.