Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Take Panties

Banned Read only

Let's Take Panties

Let's take panties for example, both men and women must agree that panties such as bikini's, cheekies, strings, tanga's are colorful, soft, skimpy and sexy and when worn or looked-at by an admirer they make the wearer feel young and sexy and the "looker" turned on as well. So I think we all can agree these type of panties offer so much more compared with men's if you are looking to enhance how you might feel about your self such as being young and sexy. It's a "given" that designers/manufacturers/stores offer these to women and they have decided this is what women will wear and men won't wear these. So women and men accept what they tell them to wear and if you cross over to the other side of the gender line you are perverted. So if women find them all the good things I described above why wouldn't they think that men wearing them might want the same things they do in wearing them. Wouldn't a young man with a nice build look good in bikini panties if we weren't raised/programed to think a male wearing panties is wrong? Now let's take jeans and me for example, I love the look and feel of wearing fairly tight boot cut girl jeans. They look so much better than loose, baggy, to much material in the butt jeans offered to men and they look nice on me just as they do on a woman. They fit both of our bodies similar and make our bodies from the waist down look very attractive. Just can't understand why most women and society and men have trouble accepting that some women's clothing is more appealing to men and make them look better than what they are suppose to wear. Don't the same reasons mentioned above that apply to women also could apply to men? Of course wear what you want, no body cares or looks, they are caught up in themselves; but the acceptance isn't there, why are they still led by old school thinking, why do they want to keep males in a box and women have the whole playing field??? Forgive me but are they dumb???

Couldn't agree more, besides...they're just clothes. Panties 24/7. Capris, shorts, skirts, tops, etc. so much more comfortable. Why not enjoy what feels and makes one feel comfortable? Even my wife agrees, with two exceptions....hose and underwire bras...my # 1 and 2. She kids me that, I can't wait to put on, what she can't wait to take off. 😉

My discussion with my wife following this argument do not get anywhere- the programming you speak of is so complete that her mind short circuits to all sorts of chaotic fears as soon as the idea of wearing women's clothes surfaces. If it is made for women, it is off limits for men. She occasionally admits that she 'owns' the good things, and that for me to wear them would diminish her privileges. I grew up thinking there is an unspoken social bargain- women can wear super sexy things and comfortable loose clothes, but in return they have to put up with men having more freedom in the world. It is an asymmetric bargain, and is always in tension. Underneath the effort everyone puts into maintaining this system, men want to be more emotionally alive and mutually nurturing, and enjoy the pleasure of satin, while women clearly want to be able to choose and wear practical sturdy clothing and focus on making physical things happen, and get respect and deference for that.

I believe we crossdressers are the canaries in the coal mine- showing the effects of the deprivation that men and women experience.
    We are all beautiful...!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Deebra preaching to the choir here, so much more is accepted for women to wear then men.
    I mean now even some men are wearing makeup and people don't get it why? Is there something wrong with a man who wants to look his best and feel better doing so.

Reality Check
    I started wearing panties years ago. At this point, they are not "sexy", they are just underwear. Once I put my pants (or my skirt) on, I can't see them.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I read an article about womens underwear yesterday, mainly knickers, written by women. Like Krisi said, for the vast majority they are simply functional items, and as no one sees them they can be old, worn, very plain, even tatty so long as they do the job. One even cut the little bows off the front of hers because, as she put it 'I'm not a six year old girl'. I think some of us do have a slightly distorted view of just what women do wear sometimes. Should add, I do like nice undies myself!!
    Last edited by DIANEF; 07-12-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I tend to like the look of many styles of men underwear!

Banned Read only
    Your entire thesis is based on assumptions cross dressing men think the same way as women. That may not be the case. If I read the thoughts of the women in my family, they are sick and tired of male fashion designers telling them what to wear. Some envy men. And, frankly I see a lot of women who think they are visual beautiful works of the human body, but and not and wear clothes that accentuate those deficiencies everyone seems to not hold as undesirable. There are enough choices for men and women within society's accepted norms for any man or woman to look their best in the eyes of the viewer. A man does not have to wear "baggy" jeans.

I suppose I suffer from a warped viewpoint of what and how women dress on a daily basis. I know I am drawn to color and design. I am assuming I translate that into fasion choices of women's clothing. A GG several years ago chastised me for trying to coordinate my undergarments (slip, panty and bra) to the colors of my dress. I do not wear women's pants. As Krisi said, underwear is more or less a functional article of clothing. I think that is what most women believe. On the male side my jeans fit my body and I express my like for color through the shirts. When I worked in an office for over thirty years I expressed color through shirts and ties. As a retire I'm always attired in colorful tee shirts and casual shirts with collars. Funny thing. My granddaughter has been shopping at Goodwill for men's flannel shirts. It seems the fashionista's think men's flannel shirts are in vogue for young women.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    When I'm en femme I don't wear thongs, I wear a fanny panty. In the past when my CDing was amateur I would wear thongs ,g strings etc.etc. but now I just want that female figure. Sure womans panties are more comfortable and sexy ,people are always going to hate.

I love panties. I wearing them now under my shorts. My wife views panties not as something sexy but just another article of clothing. I suspect many women are this way unfortunately.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    What if there was a store that sold just underwear and there was no gender designation on the packaging? Someone could freely choose which ever type and style they liked with no hint as to whether they might be meant for a male or a female. The only underwear item that one could conclude that was for the female would be a bra. Very few males need a bra, strictly talking for function at this point. It would open a door for different fabric choices as well as many styles, and that would be for both male and female. Would traditional values and beliefs interfere with the decision making process?

When it comes to clothes I prefer my male clothes in cotton, or wool, loose and some would say baggy. On the other hand my female clothes nylon, satin, slinky and tight. Well maybe excepting a lot skirts. My male clothes do little or nothing for my senses, but my female clothes are sensual, filling my sense of touch, sight, and hearing to a wonderful level. Yes I wrote hearing also, you can hear the swish of hose on the legs rubbing together, and with the right skirt or dress the swish of all the clothes together.

I can't say how other men think! I am a CD'er and so my opinions of clothes are slanted obviously. The more freedom I have to wear what I prefer, the happier I am. I under dress every day, I've made my choice and others should have the freedom to dress as they please without social interference.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

My solution is simple.I own only one pair of men's underwear and have not worn them in over 2 years.

Well they may be just functional to most people but to many cross dressers, panties or knickers carry a lot of sensual meaning. I love purchasing really good looking panties that are comfortable but also very feminine looking with lots of pretty decoration. I enjoy the feeling that comes from having really pretty underwear beneath my outer clothes. Several members here have talked of being in public and wondering how their panties compare with those of the women around them.

As for the incongruity of having different underwear for males and females, what about the buttoning convention on shirts and blouses being the opposite for men and women's clothing. Now that one does not make much sense at all but many people pay attention to it. I have a lovely pink cotton blouse that I sometimes wear with male slacks and a jacket. I was at a concert and in the interval met a woman I know. As we were chatting I noticed her eyes went to my blouse, and widened as she noticed that it buttoned to left; that is the buttons were left side of the opening as opposed to the right side on male shirts. Other than that the blouse looked similar to a fashionable male shirt, yet here was a person who was sensitive to a very subtle clothing convention. Why we have them and how they developed is a story in itself.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Forgive me but are they dumb???
    Yes, they are.

On the other hand, if they want to wear ugly clothing, that's their right.

There, democracy in action. Ain't life wonderful.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Gillian I really like what you said. If there was a gender neutral panty store it would be a step in the right direction to help neutralize the gender line. Women wearing panties don't need the extra room men do so I guess the males could move up a size or two for some extra room down there. For those that tuck continue to go with the women's sizes. Then... isn't part of the fun of CDing getting into women's panties???

One of my questions in the post that hasn't been addressed is "if women love the cut, colors, fabric of panties and it makes them feel young and sexy why wouldn't they think that men just might also like them for the same reasons they do??? Probially for the same reason they say, "What's yours is ours and what's mine is mine", just put on your boxers, go drink a beer and watch football and stay out of my lingerie drawer. If that doesn't get a response from the GG's then none of them are reading this blog.

I think most men regard their underwear as nothing more than functional. I think most women view their panties as primarily functional, but will also have some that they like to wear when they want to feel sexy. Like many on this site, I've been wearing "women's" panties for several years. I want them to be attractive, but my primary day to day concern at this point is comfort. The panties that I like to wear when I want to feel sexy have very little to do with functionality or comfort, and not what I'd wear every day.
    This isn't how it started out, but I take comfort in the belief that in this aspect at least, my thought process is more closely matched to an actual GG.
    Last edited by Bailee; 07-12-2017 at 01:17 PM.

I know that my cotton panties(briefs) are more comfortable than my male cotton briefs! I have one nice gold and black thong that is not uncomfortable as it is wide in the front! (Do not tuck!) I have smaller thongs and they just are not comfortable! As has been said panties are just underwear for me now! I have a nice button up cardigan and the buttons are on the opposite side! Threw me a curve the first time I wore it! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been wearing skimpy mens bikini underwear since the 1970's so I don't know where you have been deebra.
    You might have been stuck wearing ugly ass tighty whiteys but not me sister, reg men's underwear I can't stand wearing.
    Now my second wife loved wearing men's tighty whiteys and had several pair of them.

I wear panties all the time, I love boy short panties and have about 15 pairs thanks to my wife. She buys them for when ever they are on sale. For me they are comfortable plan and simple.

Hi all...what a great conversation. I have nice clothes...some women's some men's. I have nice underwear...I really think it has to do with the assumption that men don't care about their appearance. I personally like to look nice and I like nice clothes. It's funny because my wife and I were just talking about quality shoes and clothes while we were shopping the other day. Dressing well (for me) is part of showing respect to the rest of society - in either mode.

Banned Spammer
    Tahoegurl well said.
    We have a gaggle of members here that seem to think all male underwear is frumpy because they never had the stones to wear something different than the old tighty whiteys.
    They assume everybody else is just like them.

Wow you won't let a dead horse stay down. Women generally aren't attracted to feminine men...or even the possibility that he might be feminine in some way. Us wearing clothes designed for women is almost always a sexual turn off to women. Turn someone off, and they're simply not interested in you.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    I think she can't let go of the fact that women have their clothes and guys have theirs.
    That poor horse has been down for a long time now.

If it was perfectly accepted to wear womens clothes in society. I mean accepted as in 40% of men are wearing womens clothes in public like it was nothing, Lots of us wouldn't have started CDing in the first place.

For me I would probably still be too afraid to wear that badge because I subscribed to the style of clothing the other 60% are wearing.

Although I have many pairs of guy underwear still, I wear 1 pair 1 x a year , for a routine physical. Several years ago I wore panties to the exam, but had them off and wore a Johnny. At the end we were still talking and he told me to get dressed.
    Without thinking I pulled on my mesh/lace pink boy shorts. He raised a brow, I blushed and we never spoke of it. Now I go guy shorts. Even the wife is surprised to
    See them! I admit I'm starting to
    Lean more comfort but pretty + comfortable is a bonus
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss