Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is dressing up a sexual thing or a sensual thing for you?

Definitely both for me, part of being feminine!

adding my 2 cents worth, I too get both a sexual and calming effect from crossdressing . Right now I am fully dressed after a horrendous day at work where if something could go wrong it did. So upon coming home I dressed and with a glass of white wine I am decompressing and relaxing..I wish I could explain why we get the calming effect we do from crossdressing but apparently a lot of us do..so I don't question it anymore..just go with the flow ...might even decide to go out for a walk later...

Like many, I started sneaking panties and slips out of my mother's drawer and I couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old. I was obviously not sexualized at that age (had no idea what sex even was) but I do recall being physically stimulated by lingerie even at that age. I just knew that it felt wonderful.
    In my later years it became much more of a sexual thing but that's not to say that I don't view it as a sensual thing as well (although admittedly I don't see a huge distinction). I still am attracted to the most feminine of lingerie... lots of lace, frills and pretty bows for this gal!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

OK this is a site where people share feelings and opinions, some are looking for answers, why!

For me when in my teens it felt (great) (so cool) (so natural) to dress up, and in most occasions yes, arousal and of course followed by shame.
    Then in my twenties it was more of just seeing my fem self that was satisfying and no arousal!
    Dressing went from once a week to once a month to one every six months and then almost 20 years no dressing.
    Then after my grown children moved out and I had time on my hands I started thinking of dressing again!
    Wow I still had a stash from almost twenty years ago and then the Pink Fog hit big time.
    I worked hard to bring back the so-called Judy I remembered.

Yes I was happy with the look I got but was disappointed that no arousal was achieved but still it felt so cool wearing a dress.

At that point, four months ago I tried to tell the wife what I was up to, wearing dresses which didn't go well.
    Well I haven't dressed in four months but I'm thinking of buying a dress so when I'm ready.
    To be continued.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

For me it used to be more a sexual thing but now it just feels right to me to be Shelly I feel comfortable and good about myself being a woman. Everything is wonderful when dressed very happy.

Aspiring Member
    In my early years of CDing, it was both sexual and sensual. Now that I'm older, the sexual/sensual aspect is still there but not as much. For me, it just feels right to express my feminine side while dressed.

ive done tons of research on the topic and im pretty sure the feelings of sensuality arise from the same place as the feelings of sexuality, its how they are channeled that manifests whichever expression. after practicing abstinance for a while i experienced results that backed up my hypothesis so i recommend trying to abstain from the sexual aspects and embrace the other ones, if that sounds like something youd want to do of course. (:

It started as sexual for me and that is still probably the majority of my feelings. But lately, I've noticed that I'm more and more comfortable with leaving the clothes on afterwards... if that is appropriate, like a night gown or pajamas. So while sexual is still a part of dressing, it is growing beyond that as well.

Lacy PJs

mostly relaxing, but also somewhat sensual, I enjoy the soft smooth feel. the lightness of women's clothing moreso than men's clothing. the typically more snug fit. Dressing doesn't do a thing for me sexually, the act of dressing, but after I have dressed, when I am feeling femininity in a more strong way it is easier for me to get aroused. Ive never really figured any of that out, It doesn't effect me directly but indirectly...
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Silver Member
    I, too, started wearing pretties way before I had any sexual thoughts. And even though I'd pencil trace women' figures from mom's magazines, it really wasn't sexual or even sensual, just curiosity. Then BANG!! Puberty hit, and everything seemed to become sexual, and it stayed mostly that way up to my aging point where my male biologics just stopped. Then, sensual. Now, I just enjoy being as pretty as I can.

hello,
    my motivation has changed through my lifetime.
    I started when I was young so it was about the feel of the clothing. After puberty it was a fetish. Now it is for relaxation and a deeper happiness.
    luv J

Aspiring Member
    Kassie,

At this moment: fully dressed, expert makeup and wig...I just feel joyous. I feel pretty and confident and feminine. Words don't describe....had a bit of a cry after getting home and seeing myself...especially my gorgeous eyes....so happy....not sexual...just deep core authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    According to a retirement book I have, men need to get off 21 times a month to keep your sex organ good. OH boy, dressing does not turn me on anymore but it is sensual.
    Really? What book is that? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniegirl View Post
    I wish I could explain why we get the calming effect we do from crossdressing but apparently a lot of us do.
    We may subconsciously repress the desire to crossdress, which causes stress, but of course we're not aware of why we feel that way. So when we DO crossdress, we get relief of that stress, hence, feeling a sense of calmness.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 07-16-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Fully dressed it used to be sexual only. as time has gone on its become a mixture of both, but more sensual and less sexual.
    Mainly relaxing above all else.

I think for most of us it starts off as a sexual thing then for some of us it turns out to be something else.
    When I first started out I couldn't wear a pair a pair of panties without instantly being turned on. Now I rarely get turned on even when fully dressed.

Neither. I started wearing girls clothes (age 3) before I knew what sex was. I dress femme because I am transgendered.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    FWIW......

Through the years, I have asked a few females about how they felt when dressed feminine and/or sexy .
    They all said that it made them feel sensuousness and sexy, deepening of course what they wore but, skirts and dresses were said to be particularly sensuous.
    Is that not what we feel?

Also, they said that are times when they do not feel like dressing feminine.
    Again is that not how we feel?

The only difference is that we have a penis that can get hard but this is not that unlike a woman getting an erect little clit and getting a great felling down there about how she is dressed.

Granted, all females are are not the same and neither are all males the same.
    However, a lot is made of the differences between the sexes but, not much is ever acknowledged about the similarities that can often exist.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 07-16-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Dressing pretty turns me on, pretty high heels and sandals also,good manicures , pedicures,dresses,gowns, skirts and more.
    I get a thrill out of looking good.
    Being able to dance at a club as a go go dancer and show girl gives me a thrill I can't explain.

I don't know if its the sexual part or the sensual part of dressing, but ALL I DO KNOW IS THAT I LIKE LOOKING AS FEMININE AS POSSIBLE AND I GET A FEELING OF CALM AND CONFIDENCE.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

When I was a teenager and early twenty's is was more of sexual thing but slowly evolved into sensual. These days it just seems right.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

For me it's definitely sexual. I tweek what I wear usually to my fetishes....fishnets, heels, silk etc. I absolutely LOVE dressing up& getting pics of myself. Wife has even agreed to take pics of me dressed up in a secluded area for my collection.

Great way of describing it. Dressing up is both a sexual and sensual thing for me.

as many have said , it is both for me. Yes there is a fetish component with sexuality, but I also sometimes just sleep in some female clothes and find them sensual. Over time it is a bit of all those things and something i must do.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Can't say I started sensual or sexual, since my mom kept me in a dress almost the first year of my life. Dad put a stop to it. When I was in my middle teens I am sure it was sexual for pretending I was the girl making love to myself while I was looking at some old playboy magazines, this lasted till I feel in love for real and got married. I would sneak in my wife's makeup, hose, skirts and gowns. I told her and she was ok with it but reminded me she married the man. We played dress up every now n then till retirement. It was a sexual thing until the retirement years. Now it is sexual sometimes but I enjoy the sensual part more. Just getting dressed and relaxing and enjoying the feelings of the soft gowns, hose, panties, and makeup especially the dark red lipsticks on my lips. ( the lipstick can still make the dressing turn sexual especially if my wife applies mine on my lips and then hers) kissing another while both wearing lipstick is still hot sexually to me.

All the above, below.
    For me its not that the dress itself is sexual or femine. Its more of an implied sexuality. The dress is not like a sock that is invisible to most people most of the time, the dress expects to be seen, it wants attention and forces people to make certain decisions, choices about the dress itself and the wearer. With the implied connotations of the dress and the general social expectation of gender roles, to see a male clothed in what is considered to be a female garment, confuses some people and they are caused to make descisions they are not prepared for and they are not informed enough to consider the complexities that created this situation, therefore giving the average viewer no solid base to make a logical descision about what they see. At this point most people use the fight or flight method, they either get offended or "ignore" what they see.

We do the same within ourselves.

To answer the question is wearing a dress a sexual thing, for me I would have to answer yes, is it a sensual thing, again yes. There are also psychological aspects as well. I feel great just wearing my dresses and not having any sexual thoughts, just being regular me like its perfectly normal, for me its just as natural as jeans and t. I admit there have been times when dressed that I have entertained homoerotic fantasies, I have strong desires to please a man sexually. Though I am not attracted to men, I would be ok with having one sexually while en femme. I would love to play out my sissy maid fantasies, being dominated by a strong woman and being " forced" to perform sexually for her in any way she directed me to. I love sissy maid uniforms and cant imagine wearing one and not wanting to sit on daddys lap.
    Though I have never had any of this, it is fun to imagine. In reality I have considered the implications of having homosexual relationships when I only have those desires en femme, and am not attracted to men otherwise. I just cant work it out logically and I know its just a fantasy anyway but its fun. I do find some comfort knowing this will never happen. Still, the maid uniform, yummy...
    Being honest with myself is something that helps me to understand me better. I dont always like the truths I find but its impossible to manage if its hidden or ignored.
    Through all this I am still trying to find the real me