Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is dressing up a sexual thing or a sensual thing for you?

I think I've finally come up with my answer to this question... For me, it's a little bit of both, but a lot of neither.
    I'll explain.

(sensual) Yes, I like the feel of feminine clothing, The fabrics are smoother, softer, etc. But that's not really why I wear them.
    (sexual) Yes, I feel more sexual when dressed, but it isn't the clothes themselves that do it for me. It's how I feel inside.

For me it's something else. It's being just a tiny bit closer to what (or where) I wish I could be. I'll give an analogy to to try to explain.

I'm sure pretty much all of have seen scenes on TV or the movies where a woman is missing her man (who is off to war or something) and she goes into the closet and gets out one of his shirts, smells it and puts it on. She isn't doing it for sexual or sensual reasons.
    She's doing this so that inside her heart she can feel just a bit closer to him, and feel the love she has for him just a bit more.

For me it's similar to that. When I'm dressed, I feel just a bit closer to where I wish I could be. I feel the love for something that I can't really have. For a time, I'm a bit happier than my normal existence. It's bittersweet, but it's so much better than nothing - and I won't - no - I CAN'T give it up.

Of course that's just me...
    SaraLin

Great question! When I started experimenting with wearing womens clothes it was very sexual. When I decided to get serious about dressing, when I bought my own clothes, breast forms, wigs and makeup, it has not been that sexual for me. It has been very sensual, I guess you would say. I love the way it makes me feel. While I do like to dress sexy I don't dress anyway that I wouldn't feel comfortable being out at a nice restaurant.
    " I have to tell you, sweetheart, my breasts are as smooth and beautiful as the day that I bought them " Lola from Kinky Boots

Sensual because in every move when dressed, I can feel my breast, soft clothe caress my body and my body feminise my brain.

It totally started out as a sexual fetish type thing for me. I know that I'm not as old as some of these ladies, but the sexual aspect has dwindled some over the years. The fabric definitely is what does it for me. I do want to be more of a girl all the time though and that feeling had only grown stronger with time.

When I was a young teen and first trying on my mother's and sister's clothes and playing with their makeup, it was a huge, sexual thrill. There in front of my mother's dresser mirror, wearing all she had to offer, and putting on her lipstick... OMG, those was amazing, hormone-charged days. Now, like so many here have said, it's just who I am and, yes, quite senual.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Sensual always. Sexual in that I feel very bi curious about what it would be like to be a total woman with a man. Other than that,can be dressed all day without a sexual thrill, but enjoying my femme side.

while we all share the same general passion particular experiences are vastly different.
    ditto robyn2006... i can identify with you early experience!

its still primarily sexual for me after nearly 40 years with a huge sensual component that has grown stronger over the years, the two work together to create the consummate experience. i definitely consider myself a heterosexual/fetishistic cross dresser primarily interested in vintage lingerie and foundation garments. when i was younger i could put on a girdle or slip alone and that would satisfy my urge. at this point in life its the whole ball of wax that excites me most, wig, makeup, heels, nails etc. looking in the mirror fully made up and dressed is both an incredible sexual turn on accompanied by an incredible sensual feeling.
    every dressing session always ends with intense sexual gratification. when i am finished all my clothing gets hidden away until the next time i get a severe case of the "pink fog".

Dressing started as a definite sexual arousal for me. These days, however, it evokes more of a calming or soothing feeling of inner peace. I'm finally being true to my authentic self, and that is much more rewarding than any physical relief I might get out of it.

As mentioned in another thread, I am still a closet CD and somewhat new at it. It is comforting to know that others have the same feelings I have when dressing and the strong sexual aspect of it will abate over time. Right now I love the sensual feel of hosiery, microfiber panties and wearing skirts that show off my legs. Sexual tension is ridiculously high and look forward to just enjoying the apparel.