Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is dressing up a sexual thing or a sensual thing for you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is dressing up a sexual thing or a sensual thing for you?

I haven't felt the pink fog as much lately because I can't really dress in the mornings before work like I used to. But on the occasion I can, it starts out innocent enough. There have been times where I dress and I just feel cute and girly and content... But sometimes I get turned on and end up doing something about it by myself. I can't tell if it's because of a fetish or if it's just because I feel sexy compared to guy mode. It could be that it makes me feel girly to do "things" as a woman would? This is one thing that I'm somewhat shameful of and curious to know if others have experienced similar feelings or if I'm just perverted.

That sounds very similar to how it is for me and I've wondered the same thing about whether or not its a fetish.

I'm leaning more to the side of not a fetish due to becoming aroused after the fact of dressing and not becoming aroused every time.

Most of the time, crossdressing makes me fell better when I'm down in the dumps. There are times when crossdressing turns me on. I sometimes fantasize about sexual relationships with other crossdressers.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Yes........
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    Yes........
    I was trying to figure out the best answer to this.

Thank you, Ilene.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kassie for me I personally hate it when I get turned on by dressing because that's not my purpose when I dress, I'm getting
    dressed to be dressed as I want to be. I use to think it was a fetish for me but I now know it's not it's just that's this is how
    I choose to dress

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Only in my earliest days of dressing was it a sexual thing, it soon became much more about expressing my female side and has been ever since.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

For me, I think its some of both. I love to lounge, surf the net, etc. while Fem because I feel natural and it's relaxing for me (not sexual). Other times, there is no doubt that it's sexual. The truth is, I enjoy both so why worry myself with motives and/or guilt. Enjoy being yourself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    None of either for me its just clothes that reflect who I am.
    Feel girly and do things a woman would?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-12-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Banned Read only
    It could be neither. Different strokes for different folks! No pun intended or maybe so. Anyway, I think if a young boy had a tendency to wear women clothing or at least panties there would be some sexual component to it. Not having ready access to willing females generally leaves little choice. You have to take what's at hand. Masturbation among adult men is prevalent so I do not think wearing women's clothing may be an enhancer rather than a substitute for access to willing females.

I dabbled in my mother's lingerie draw because I was drawn to nylon. Slips and nightgowns were the entry way for me. I pretty much functioned without any assist from any female clothing. I never had the thought the clothes made me sexy. I would not characterize how I feel looking into the mirror over the years. I think attractive would be a more suitable term. I had no problem attracting the attention of young women in my youth or early adult life. Or, as my wife would also attest as she fought off gay men, it seems she noticed more than I certain men sought my six foot two, 175 pound, former military physique. I've always felt a lot better about my male physical image than the female reflection in the mirror. Although, I still enjoy the feel of those nylon slips and panties.

And, you should not feel shame or view yourself as perverted. I will offer, if anyone is getting more satisfaction from dressing up than getting it on with their wife, you may have issues in your marriage.

Stephanie, i sure see your point about men not having any female wife, or SO, to "do it " with. 63 here, and still alone. I do get a charge out of seeing the tall, attractive, leggy lady in the mirror, like the one i wish i had. Not every dress up session leads to a release, though. S i age, i have little sexual energy, even when i try! I sometimes feel guilty, but i tried for 43 years to find a mate, and my first girlfriend killed herself with drugs, and i never had the good income, to attract a mate. Many heartbreaking rejections. It is almost torture for a man to go without aq mate his whole life, and never have the real thing. My dressing is partly a substitute for the wife i never got to have, and partly other reasons.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 07-12-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What's the difference between sexuality and sensuality? Doesn't sensuality lead to sex?

Technically, if your nylons, heels, girdle, breast forms, etc. turn u on? That's a fetish.

If you're turned on by being dressed or your dressed image and not one item in particular, Blanchard termed it autogenaphilia, (sic).
    I'm 70+ and have been dressing for nearly 20 years. Sherry still arouses me like nothing else!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    It could be neither. Different strokes for different folks! No pun intended or maybe so. Anyway, I think if a young boy had a tendency to wear women clothing or at least panties there would be some sexual component to it. Not having ready access to willing females generally leaves little choice. You have to take what's at hand. Masturbation among adult men is prevalent so I do not think wearing women's clothing may be an enhancer rather than a substitute for access to willing females. ------------------------------------------
    I'm not sure I know what mean, Steph? Even when I was married and before I dressed, I regularly masterbated to kinky female fantasies in the shower. The fact that I had a pretty woman handy for sex had nothing to do with it. Whatever arouses males, if they're in private, they tend to respond similarly. It has less to with substitution or enhancement than quite simply being aroused and having the opportunity for release!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-12-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

These I don't think it's either one for myself really just a "me" thing. This is one way I express the feelings I have inside and it makes me feel satisfied in the process.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    Both for me ... It's a guaranteed erection whenever I dress, I love the feel of the lingerie, the skirt/dress swooshing as I walk and the click-clack of heels ... I still can't walk near a mirror without lifting my skirt
    Fun loving skirt wearer

absolutely, positively, yes!

Both, but becoming more sensual than sexual

Aspiring Member
    Both for me, definitely...and evolved into Identity and balancing and wholeness...

mostly relaxing, but also somewhat sensual, I enjoy the soft smooth feel. the lightness of women's clothing moreso than men's clothing. the typically more snug fit. Dressing doesn't do a thing for me sexually, the act of dressing, but after I have dressed, when I am feeling femininity in a more strong way it is easier for me to get aroused. Ive never really figured any of that out, It doesn't effect me directly but indirectly...
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

OK this is a site where people share feelings and opinions, some are looking for answers, why!

For me when in my teens it felt (great) (so cool) (so natural) to dress up, and in most occasions yes, arousal and of course followed by shame.
    Then in my twenties it was more of just seeing my fem self that was satisfying and no arousal!
    Dressing went from once a week to once a month to one every six months and then almost 20 years no dressing.
    Then after my grown children moved out and I had time on my hands I started thinking of dressing again!
    Wow I still had a stash from almost twenty years ago and then the Pink Fog hit big time.
    I worked hard to bring back the so-called Judy I remembered.

Yes I was happy with the look I got but was disappointed that no arousal was achieved but still it felt so cool wearing a dress.

At that point, four months ago I tried to tell the wife what I was up to, wearing dresses which didn't go well.
    Well I haven't dressed in four months but I'm thinking of buying a dress so when I'm ready.
    To be continued.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

hello,
    my motivation has changed through my lifetime.
    I started when I was young so it was about the feel of the clothing. After puberty it was a fetish. Now it is for relaxation and a deeper happiness.
    luv J

I think for most of us it starts off as a sexual thing then for some of us it turns out to be something else.
    When I first started out I couldn't wear a pair a pair of panties without instantly being turned on. Now I rarely get turned on even when fully dressed.

Neither. I started wearing girls clothes (age 3) before I knew what sex was. I dress femme because I am transgendered.

Neither, dressing is the completion of being able to feel feminine. To get up in the morning and dress in a nice skirt and blouse and all the rest is now just a normal thing to do.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    FWIW......

Through the years, I have asked a few females about how they felt when dressed feminine and/or sexy .
    They all said that it made them feel sensuousness and sexy, deepening of course what they wore but, skirts and dresses were said to be particularly sensuous.
    Is that not what we feel?

Also, they said that are times when they do not feel like dressing feminine.
    Again is that not how we feel?

The only difference is that we have a penis that can get hard but this is not that unlike a woman getting an erect little clit and getting a great felling down there about how she is dressed.

Granted, all females are are not the same and neither are all males the same.
    However, a lot is made of the differences between the sexes but, not much is ever acknowledged about the similarities that can often exist.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 07-16-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Dressing pretty turns me on, pretty high heels and sandals also,good manicures , pedicures,dresses,gowns, skirts and more.
    I get a thrill out of looking good.
    Being able to dance at a club as a go go dancer and show girl gives me a thrill I can't explain.