Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is dressing up a sexual thing or a sensual thing for you?

Is dressing up a sexual thing or a sensual thing for you?

I haven't felt the pink fog as much lately because I can't really dress in the mornings before work like I used to. But on the occasion I can, it starts out innocent enough. There have been times where I dress and I just feel cute and girly and content... But sometimes I get turned on and end up doing something about it by myself. I can't tell if it's because of a fetish or if it's just because I feel sexy compared to guy mode. It could be that it makes me feel girly to do "things" as a woman would? This is one thing that I'm somewhat shameful of and curious to know if others have experienced similar feelings or if I'm just perverted.

That sounds very similar to how it is for me and I've wondered the same thing about whether or not its a fetish.

I'm leaning more to the side of not a fetish due to becoming aroused after the fact of dressing and not becoming aroused every time.

Most of the time, crossdressing makes me fell better when I'm down in the dumps. There are times when crossdressing turns me on. I sometimes fantasize about sexual relationships with other crossdressers.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kassie for me I personally hate it when I get turned on by dressing because that's not my purpose when I dress, I'm getting
    dressed to be dressed as I want to be. I use to think it was a fetish for me but I now know it's not it's just that's this is how
    I choose to dress

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Only in my earliest days of dressing was it a sexual thing, it soon became much more about expressing my female side and has been ever since.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

For me, I think its some of both. I love to lounge, surf the net, etc. while Fem because I feel natural and it's relaxing for me (not sexual). Other times, there is no doubt that it's sexual. The truth is, I enjoy both so why worry myself with motives and/or guilt. Enjoy being yourself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    None of either for me its just clothes that reflect who I am.
    Feel girly and do things a woman would?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-12-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Platinum Member
    It could be neither. Different strokes for different folks! No pun intended or maybe so. Anyway, I think if a young boy had a tendency to wear women clothing or at least panties there would be some sexual component to it. Not having ready access to willing females generally leaves little choice. You have to take what's at hand. Masturbation among adult men is prevalent so I do not think wearing women's clothing may be an enhancer rather than a substitute for access to willing females.

I dabbled in my mother's lingerie draw because I was drawn to nylon. Slips and nightgowns were the entry way for me. I pretty much functioned without any assist from any female clothing. I never had the thought the clothes made me sexy. I would not characterize how I feel looking into the mirror over the years. I think attractive would be a more suitable term. I had no problem attracting the attention of young women in my youth or early adult life. Or, as my wife would also attest as she fought off gay men, it seems she noticed more than I certain men sought my six foot two, 175 pound, former military physique. I've always felt a lot better about my male physical image than the female reflection in the mirror. Although, I still enjoy the feel of those nylon slips and panties.

And, you should not feel shame or view yourself as perverted. I will offer, if anyone is getting more satisfaction from dressing up than getting it on with their wife, you may have issues in your marriage.

When I was pre teen and and in my teens it was sexual I would say however it always felt right even back then. Now it is something i enjoy and relaxes me. It is part of me and a very important part of who I am. I wear panties and bra almost 100% of the time regardless of my outer dress. Were them reaffirms who I am.

It hasn't been sexual or sensual for me in quite sometime. It just makes me feel right.

It wasn't, it was, then it wasn't. Or so it seemed. Crossdressed at a young age, there was no sexual side to it. After puberty, EVERYTHING had a sexual side to it, including algebra (or maybe it was the hot chick in the next row of desks); but during that time, I would get dressed, and the sexual arousal was apparently not related to the clothes, I just experienced both at the same time. Later, after figuring this out, it was no longer connected.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Both- and more!

Silver Member
    I will admit, it does still hold a sensual component. But there is a lot more to it than that, and when I go out dressed, it is not for that reason. When in private, it sometimes still has that kind of appeal.

For me it started out that way a sexual/sensual thing.
    Now it is still that a very little.
    But more it is just me now.

The clothing is so much more comfortable and fun.

Sexual for me, Though I can see it becoming an identity thing in the future. It's growing exponentially and it's becoming a problem with no solution.

I find it is both for me as well. My desire to dress is higher when I'm turned on, but when I get off I still want to reach into the panty drawer. When I want to dress just to dress I don't want the member to be sticking out saluting the world. Lol

Totally sensual for me, started out sexual until age around 40 then literally overnight the sexual aspect went. Nowadays it is either sensual or simply relaxing has not been sexual for over 10 years.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Since I started way before I had any sexual thoughts, it wasn't always sexual. When puberty hit, it became very sexual. Now 40+ years later its just about contentment.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Much like most here I found it quite sexual in the early stages of my dressing, these days not so much, it is more about the presentation and the de-stressing benefits.
    However, there are still the odd occasions where I may get aroused, if I dress provocatively or my wife and I become intimate while I'm dressed.
    It's not a bad thing so I wouldn't worry, I don't like to relate it to fetishism or anything sexual, it took me a while to convince my wife that it was neither of these.

Your question is limited to 2 aspects and that just begs for a conflict where there is none. Dressing is much more than that. But to make it easy to rationalize there is no reason to limit or worry about what it feels like because it is "yours." Just own it for what ever you care to and make the most of it. There is no shame in "feeling", that is subjective and personal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Stephanie, i sure see your point about men not having any female wife, or SO, to "do it " with. 63 here, and still alone. I do get a charge out of seeing the tall, attractive, leggy lady in the mirror, like the one i wish i had. Not every dress up session leads to a release, though. S i age, i have little sexual energy, even when i try! I sometimes feel guilty, but i tried for 43 years to find a mate, and my first girlfriend killed herself with drugs, and i never had the good income, to attract a mate. Many heartbreaking rejections. It is almost torture for a man to go without aq mate his whole life, and never have the real thing. My dressing is partly a substitute for the wife i never got to have, and partly other reasons.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 07-12-2017 at 07:45 PM.

I used to think it was a fetish. Now I see it is a part of me that needs to breathe. The first time I put on a wig and makeup it became very different from a fetish and I feel something much stronger and deeper, spiritually speaking. It still has all the fun of a girly fetish too!!

Not sexual at age 4-6, just wanted a dress like the girl down the street! Sexual in my teens and 20's! Sexual the 4-5 times I wore panties while married! Now just another part of me! Not sexual once again! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Same story as many here. Dressing was a heavy turn-on when I was younger. Somewhere along the way it stopped being that. Can't say why or when. The desire has never gone away, just the nature of the experience. That's one of those "counselor questions" for when I finally get around to more serious examination of my TG nature.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What's the difference between sexuality and sensuality? Doesn't sensuality lead to sex?

Technically, if your nylons, heels, girdle, breast forms, etc. turn u on? That's a fetish.

If you're turned on by being dressed or your dressed image and not one item in particular, Blanchard termed it autogenaphilia, (sic).
    I'm 70+ and have been dressing for nearly 20 years. Sherry still arouses me like nothing else!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    It could be neither. Different strokes for different folks! No pun intended or maybe so. Anyway, I think if a young boy had a tendency to wear women clothing or at least panties there would be some sexual component to it. Not having ready access to willing females generally leaves little choice. You have to take what's at hand. Masturbation among adult men is prevalent so I do not think wearing women's clothing may be an enhancer rather than a substitute for access to willing females. ------------------------------------------
    I'm not sure I know what mean, Steph? Even when I was married and before I dressed, I regularly masterbated to kinky female fantasies in the shower. The fact that I had a pretty woman handy for sex had nothing to do with it. Whatever arouses males, if they're in private, they tend to respond similarly. It has less to with substitution or enhancement than quite simply being aroused and having the opportunity for release!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-12-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!