Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is dressing up a sexual thing or a sensual thing for you?

It is a Pavlo's Dog thing for me. When I started crossdressing it was in anticipation of sex. So it became that my sex life included wearing female lingerie and as time passed, female over-clothes. So now days when I dress, with no plans of sex, I automatically get sexually turned on.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Consider the following........

Dolly patron has said a few times that if she was not born a female, she would have been a drag queen as she loves everything feminine and the way feminine female clothes etc make her feel.. ..wigs dresses makeup fancy feminine underwear, etc .

I once knew a younger gal who did not even own any pants . She loved weaning pencil skirts. She confided in me that she loved the way they confined her legs.

So you can not lump all females together anymore than you can lump all CDs together.

Since both males and females are both human of course, they share-love much of the same sensations etc .
    The position that females wear the clothes that they do just to attract men is just not true .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 08-12-2017 at 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling

In my case, there is no doubt that early on just getting dressed was a turn on. At the very first, even panties were a turn on. Now it is something that I enjoy, feels natural and relaxing whether casually femme or full makeup/dress up.
    Still, deep down the must be something more there. How many so called "normal" men own a pair of breast forms? :-)

Of the two options, it is JUST sensual for me.
    Sensual is more than the silky feeling on the skin. It is the swish of a skirt, the look in the mirror, the elevation from wearing heels, the change of your face with the application of make-up, even if it is a just flesh hue of lip-stick (Bright reds for me please, I do not like many of the other colors out there.) . it is there.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 08-12-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

No question that it was nothing but sexual when I first tried on panties. And it remained that way for a long, long time. However, I guess it was akin to an addiction. Just like a heroin addict needs more dope to get high, I found that in addition to panties, adding a bra added to the excitement. Then it was adding more and varying pices of lingerie that made the experience even better. Of course, it eventually got to the curiosity of outerwear as well. So even today ,I still think there is a sexual component to my dressing but the excitement is not so much putting on a pair of panties and going out underdressed but it is more the act of dressing up that gets me going.

For me it is both. Started out for years as a lust/ arousal thing, got worse and worse with that behavior that I sought treatment in SA and SAA 12 Step programs. Through that I surmised that was because I was in the closet too much - repressing too many feelings. As soon as I got out of the closet more and more, acting out behaviors dissappeared.

For me, it is both, sexual and sensual.

+1 on the 'both' vote. I still get a nice little thrill sliding on some pretty panties.

Aspiring Member
    Just as many have mentioned on here, I sometimes get aroused by it, and other times I don't. I recently had the house to myself for three weeks, and for one of those weeks I was on vacation from work, so I spent most of the day dressed, and there was no sexual arousal from it. During that week I stripped out the bathroom and fitted a new bath and shower and tiled the walls, and in another room replaced a window with some doors, all while dressed. I just got on with my life as normal, but dressed.

Personally I find it more therapeutic. I feel more like myself dressed as Emily rather than Adam. I feel more confident in myself when I can express my feminine side, and present in femme. I also just absolutely love women’s clothing! I dream of one day having a walk-in closet filled with clothes and tons of shoes! I feel so much more comfortable in denim shorty shorts, a cute top, and heels, than I do in cargo shorts and t shirts. I envy the way women can express themselves through their clothing. I love the feeling of looking like a pretty Emily, rather than a boyish Adam. I would say there is an underlying sense of sexual pleasure/empowerment, but I really just feel more comfortable, and more like my true self in femme, than in boys clothes. ✌️💖😁

In a percentage answer I would say it is a 70/30 split. 70% sexual and that 30% percent I just enjoy relaxing being dressed without a sexual thought and doesn't end in a sexual manner.

Sometimes I feel super sexy while wearing something feminine, and other times I feel comfortable. Earlier on in life I felt a rush while getting dressed, but now I feel a genuine sense of calmness and being able to relax. To quantity this in terms of numbers does not work for me personally, I think it has a lot to do with other life events, or day to day events that influence your response to dressing up, or other forms of release. Sometimes the sexual release will satisfy the immediate desire to be whole, but may leave a bit of depression later, whereas I find dressing for the sensual, takes a little longer to feel whole, but tends not to crater out so bad later. This is just what I feel.

😘 Jennifer

absolutely, positively, yes!

For me it is both. I think the ssame xual side of it drew me back". I am gettng better are prlonging sessions when I have time to stay dressed for several hours.

Neither, dressing is the completion of being able to feel feminine. To get up in the morning and dress in a nice skirt and blouse and all the rest is now just a normal thing to do.

Banned Read only
    Kassie,
    At your age I would definitely say it was much more sexual, that's the way it started for me at the age of 8-9 years and the feeling has never fully gone away . To me it's associated with AGP , the combination of females, clothing , dressing and sex all combined in my childhood , I describe it as a combination lock in my brain being set but the code to release it doesn't exist.

If at times it has that effect on you then you can do very little about it. I will admit I find it irritating and annoying at times , part of me is still a fully functioning male with certain needs so it's part of life that we shouldn't feel guilty about .

As a kid of 6 year's old it just felt good. When puberty hit it became a sexual thing. After college it was a combination. After getting married it became a natural feeling. It always has been and always will be a great feeling.

Junior Member Beauty Parlor Bev's Avatar
    YES and YES!

Definitely both for me.

As with others here, it was sexual wearing female things and I thought that it may be a fetish, but something inside kept drawing me more and more to the idea that it is a part of me and that dressing is more than sexual. As the years have gone on, it has become more a feeling of release, a feeling of being pretty and attractive. When I take any pics, I always make them very feminine, I like seeing myself as female.

To me, the word sensual is pretty much a euphemism of sexual.

sen·su·al
    ˈsen(t)SH(o͞o)əl/
    adjective
    adjective: sensual
    of or arousing gratification of the senses and physical, especially sexual, pleasure.

"the production of the ballet is sensual and passionate"
    synonyms: physical, carnal, bodily, fleshly, animal;
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Put me in the yes yes camp!

I'd say I lean heavily towards sensual. However, I have some narcissistic tendencies, and since I see Emily as someone separate from my male self... well as a man, I'm attracted to Enily. It's an acknowledged weird thing.

It's definitely sexual for me. Wonderful and glamorous and exciting.
    Girl me

It's not really sexual for me at all. My female persona must be asexual because even thinking about sex while crossdressing feels weird. Like, not good weird.