Thread: Finally went out all dressed up!

Finally went out all dressed up!

For over seven months of dating, I've told my boyfriend that should he ever want to go out dressed up, I more than welcome it. A few times, he's gone out wearing a skirt to what he considers a safe space. A regular hangout with people he knows or friends houses. Well, a week or so ago, one of our friends had a huge event planned to propose to her girlfriend. This was at a local bar/hotspot we all frequent. However, only a small portion was reserved for her event and it is a fairly large venue on a Friday night, so lots of people we don't know also there.

Despite the uncertainty, he decided to get dressed up. He doesn't have fancy blouses (yet!), but he wore a cute skirt and pink top. No girly sandals, so just wore leather flip flops. And he did the most makeup I've ever seen on him. He doesn't look femme, but he still looks cute. Anyway, we went to the event and no one gave a negative look or uttered a rude word! He was completely embraced by all of those there for the proposal party (or whatever that type of event is called!), and no one else there seemed to care.

And we even left that event for a bit and walked several blocks (we were downtown) to a hotel where another of his friends was having her birthday party. Same deal. He only knew a few people there, but no one seemed to care in the slightest that a man was there in a skirt and girly top and makeup. So it was a great boost to his confidence is going out dressed. So now I'm looking forward to the next evening out. Maybe he'll wear a dress next time, or we could buy him a cute top or two. Oh, and I bought him some pink flip flops! (I bought my daughter a pair, and he liked them so much, I had to get him a pair too!)
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Silver Member
    You seem like a lovely woman. He is very lucky.

Sounds like you are a very cool with a CD type of guy. Your boyfriend nas something very special in you. I hope he treats you good and hope he knows how lucky he is to have you. Enjoyed reading your story and thanks for having a great attitude about CDs.

Very lucky indeed! Cheers to you for your support for making things like this less "weird".

Very nice and I never had any problems out and about. He is very lucky to have you and you supporting him make it far less weird to anybody.
    Part Time Girl

Well done both of you - sounds like a nice evening

If my future girlfriend says its lace time she just might get a ring...

Sounds like you both had a great time, I hope your hubby appreciates how lucky he is to have you!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

What a lucky guy your BF is! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and hopefully this spurs him on to go out more!

You are one of the true exceptions to the "rule"!!!!! Congrats to you for your acceptance and for your compassion.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Thanks, ladies. He treats me exceptionally well!, and he is amazing with my kids! Just a really good man. It's easy to love him. And I enjoy him dressed, so his crossdressing isn't an obstacle; it's part of what I love about him.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

I agree with the others that your BF is lucky you are so supportive. I think most GFs would totally oppose their men dress en femme. In my previous relationships, I did not tell my GFs about my desire to cross dress but I got the impression they would drop me quick if I told them.

I too, went out completely dressed for the first time yesterday. First a little backround on my normal appearance, I am 6'1" barefoot, bald with a goatee and moustache and a little bit of a pot belly ( my brother says I look like an overweight Stone Cold Steve Austin (wrestler). So anyway I had saw a few adds for sales at a local mall that I wanted to check out, Usually I just go and browse the racks pick a few things and bring them home to try on and if they don't fit the way I wan them to I just return them at a later time. Yesterday I was feeling really low due to a personal reason, so I decided to go for it and dress to shop. I wore a pair of simple skinny leg jeans, an Olive green cold shoulder top, and black sandals. I was a little scared at first as there is no way that I could be mistaken for anything other than an man wearing Women's clothes, but nobody batted an eye at me. I was able to shop for 3 or 4 hours and lost all my anxieties. I purchased a new purse (which I really needed as the pockets in the jeans are pretty much non existent), a bra and panty set, and had my colors done at the makeup counter. everyone was so accepting that I felt liberating. The best part is that I was trying on some shoes ( a pair of 3 1/2" stacked heel) and a lady came up to me and said that there was no way I could walk in them as most women have a problem the first time they wear heels ( I have never worn a pair up to this point). but she said if I wanted she would help me from falling until I got used to them. I put them on and promptly strutted around the store as if they were a pair of sneakers. She was amazed and said that they made me look better than I already did and told me I had to buy them. I the said to her I was only shopping as I didn't have enough money to but them this week. She told me not to worry about them as a girl needs to have at least one pair of nice heels and she could tell I really loved them. Turns out she was the owner of the store and told me to take the heels on her at no cost. That made my day and I will definitely be back to that store. When she first approached me and asked my name I told her my guy name and she said no I want your real name so I told her Stephanie and the rest of the morning she called me Steph. We went to a few other stores where I registerd for the rewards programs as Stephanie and got a few more tops with the points I received.]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Nicole View Post
    I too, went out completely dressed for the first time yesterday. First a little backround on my normal appearance, I am 6'1" barefoot, bald with a goatee and moustache and a little bit of a pot belly ( my brother says I look like an overweight Stone Cold Steve Austin (wrestler). So anyway I had saw a few adds for sales at a local mall that I wanted to check out, Usually I just go and browse the racks pick a few things and bring them home to try on and if they don't fit the way I wan them to I just return them at a later time. Yesterday I was feeling really low due to a personal reason, so I decided to go for it and dress to shop. I wore a pair of simple skinny leg jeans, an Olive green cold shoulder top, and black sandals. I was a little scared at first as there is no way that I could be mistaken for anything other than an man wearing Women's clothes, but nobody batted an eye at me. I was able to shop for 3 or 4 hours and lost all my anxieties. I purchased a new purse (which I really needed as the pockets in the jeans are pretty much non existent), a bra and panty set, and had my colors done at the makeup counter. everyone was so accepting that I felt liberating. The best part is that I was trying on some shoes ( a pair of 3 1/2" stacked heel) and a lady came up to me and said that there was no way I could walk in them as most women have a problem the first time they wear heels ( I have never worn a pair up to this point). but she said if I wanted she would help me from falling until I got used to them. I put them on and promptly strutted around the store as if they were a pair of sneakers. She was amazed and said that they made me look better than I already did and told me I had to buy them. I the said to her I was only shopping as I didn't have enough money to but them this week. She told me not to worry about them as a girl needs to have at least one pair of nice heels and she could tell I really loved them. Turns out she was the owner of the store and told me to take the heels on her at no cost. That made my day and I will definitely be back to that store. When she first approached me and asked my name I told her my guy name and she said no I want your real name so I told her Stephanie and the rest of the morning she called me Steph. We went to a few other stores where I registerd for the rewards programs as Stephanie and got a few more tops with the points I received.]
    Steph, Congratulations! Well dine! You obviously made an impression on the store owner. Any chance of a picture?

I have a couple pics but font know how to upload them from my phone as I don't see a link for pics

Silver Member
    Gabbriella, I found out that my fears disappear and my courage in being out increases 100% when I'm with some one. That may be your BFs feeling, too.

Awesome that you both support each other. That's what a respectful relationship looks like.

Gabriella...my joy abounds whenever I read your stories! Loveyah! Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

It's good to see that some SO's are fully supportive of their others Gabbriella and that makes you a very exceptional woman indeed. I also enjoy your posts
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Gabriella, the support that you give your boyfriend with dressing is amazing, and it's nice to read about a relationship where both sides are happy about it . I have a question, though: .

Your BF is clearly an amazing person and brings qualities to a relationship and family life that many women would be very happy with. The dressing is a part of your BF that you love, and you get involved with it together with ideas and going out, etc. As we know, the need to dress could increase and diminish in waves. If your BF, for the next five years, for example, were to lose the desire to dress, although your BF has an abundance of other qualities to love, would you miss it? .

You have an awesome relationship. I wish continued happiness for both of you .
    Last edited by Lydianne; 07-16-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Thank you, ladies! I'm glad to know that my posts bring joy to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Nicole View Post
    I too, went out completely dressed for the first time yesterday.
    Awesome! So happy for you that your first outing went so well! And how amazing that the store owner gifted you a pair of heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydianne View Post
    If your BF, for the next five years, for example, were to lose the desire to dress, although your BF has an abundance of other qualities to love, would you miss it?
    I would. I prefer him in women's clothing (although, I admit that I LOVE him in a suit), and I can't imagine the desire fading for him. But who knows? I will love him regardless.

Gabriella, I hope that someday I can find a gf that is a understanding and caring as you are, your bf is lucky to have you in his life.