Thread: Traveling alone, ideas to take it outside?

Traveling alone, ideas to take it outside?

I would be traveling to a different city in a few weeks time and I am thinking about including some dressing during my trip. I would likely be flying there unless driving turns out to be cheaper than airfare. I can leave from home in women's jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. I might wear a sports bra but I plan to insert the padding and enhancers later, probably at the airport or the parking lot further away from home. I am thinking of changing into flats from sneakers and a long cotton cardigan there too. I don't have a wig or makeup and I think that I would be only be a little hesitant to present as a guy in feminine apparel during travel. After reading several good experiences about checking in to the hotel enfemme, I also think I would want to do that as well looking the same.

So far I only have women's jeans and a women's cap and sunglasses. I have a long cardigan but its a winter cardigan. I am looking for some suggestions to complete the outfit and make this happen. I have read too much to be able to not use this opportunity.

If I get an opportunity, I may go out for a breakfast dressed in that city. It's also making me a little nervous thinking about it. In the past, I have driven long distances during winter time wearing similar outfit (with winter cardigan and a women's winter hat and gloves). During meal breaks, the cashiers and/or servers at Panera were nice and acted normally, the woman at DD was perplexed a little and the guy at McDonalds was just acting weird while taking my order.

I am also open to other suggestions which would help me look or do better when I am outside. Thnx.

Hit the discount clothing stores and get a few women's summer sleeveless or tank tops. You can find some in striped or solid colors where the cut is not too feminine and they are usually inexpensive. Wear a lightweight bralette or sports bra under the women's tank top, and wear a guy's T shirt over your tank top and skinny jeans. Use the guy's T shirt for cover when you have to use the men's restroom, etc. Take it off and carry it in places where you feel more comfortable. And carry a man purse of some kind, because women's jeans don't have much in the way of pockets.

When you don't have a wig and makeup, and you need to travel to strange places, pass through airport security, etc., going androgynous is always safer, and it is easy to appear androgynous in women's clothing if you put some thought into what you buy and how you wear it.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I've gone out en femme many times when out of town. sometimes I find a TG group to meet up with, sometimes a place to get a makeover, sometimes a TG center, sometimes out to eat, sometimes shopping.

But, I don't really like going half way; whenever I go out en femme I go out dressed top to bottom, to include forms, a wig and makeup. But that's just me. You should do what you're comfortable doing.

I also shop (a lot) in and go to a nail salon, both in boy mode.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Going out half way is REALLY looking for trouble. If you are REALLY considering dressing, then dress the part. I would suggest to you that you go to your local thrift store and purchase the things that you need and/or want. When I go out dressed, I AM DRESSED!!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Have you reached out to folk in the area you are traveling to? You may wish to make contact before you arrive, there by allowing you to have a "friend" who knows her way about your destination.

Check out another section of this forum to explore this idea.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Reality Check
    I've never seen the point in dressing half way or as a guy wearing women's clothes. I would also be very uncomfortable sitting between two strangers on an airplane dressed like you describe.

From what you describe, I don't think you are ready to present as a woman in public. To get started, you need, at a minimum, a decent wig (unless your natural hair can pass as a woman's, decent breast forms and a well fitted bra, hip and butt padding that brings your hip measurement to near your bust measurement, women's shoes (flats are fine) and some women's jewelry. Oh, and a purse.

You'll also need makeup to cover any beard shadow and you'll have to shave or cover your arms and legs.

Now that you have the look, you'll have to work on your voice and mannerisms.

It's not easy passing as a woman when you aren't one.

You are right in saying that I am not ready to present as a woman in public. I was just thinking of starting somewhere. I had read some threads in which members had posted their experiences of donning feminine clothing even though they were presenting as a man. If members here think that it is not a good idea based on their or someone else's past experiences, then I might even drop it but I would definitely be disheartened.

Going out wearing the things you described in itself shouldn't be an issue other than folks will be a little confused. Going out fully dressed leaves the onlooker in no doubt as to what it is they're seeing assuming that as happens to me I get read when interacting with an individual such as a SA. Partly dressed, folks are likely to jump to the conclusion that you're either just a little on the strange side and/or gay. Now if you can own that situation then that's fine but be prepared for receiving more stares.

As suggested finding a support group in the area you can link up with will be good. The advice and support they can give you will be invaluable. Also have you considered searching for a dressing service in the area you're visiting. That way you could see what's really possible and give you a goal to aim for in the future.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by SunHun View Post
    You are right in saying that I am not ready to present as a woman in public. I was just thinking of starting somewhere. ......... .
    My suggestion is to start in the comfort of your own home. Get what you need to present as a woman and start wearing it around the house. Wear it until it feels natural to have long hair and breasts. Where it until you no longer bump into doorways because you have hips. If you plan on wearing heels, wear them until you're comfortable walking in them.

Practice shaving and applying makeup. Practice walking like a woman and carrying a purse.

Get a camera with a self timer and take photos at every stage. Look at the photos and ask yourself if you're looking at a woman or a guy with boobs. Look at the photos to see if your boobs are positioned correctly and if your hips and butt look like a woman's.

Women have been women their whole lives. A guy can't become one overnight.