Thread: Doctor's visit en drabbe

Doctor's visit en drabbe

My wife doesn't appreciate my crossdressing, but every once in a while I'm reminded how much she doesn't like it.

Today, I went for a surgical consult with my wife to a doctor I hadn't seen before. So, I'm on the examining table and the GG Nurse Practitioner has me unzip my pants. I was wearing red men's bikini underwear. After the NP left to let me get dressed up again, my wife tells me I shouldn't have worn the red underwear. I told her, somewhat humorously, that I didn't have any clean white underwear. I told her that I was going to submit a "trouble ticket" on the white underwear, but that I knew she was busy and I didn't see any problem wearing red underwear.

I'm assuming that is is a subtle rejection of my lifestyle. I could have worn red panties but I didn't. I also skipped a planned visit to get a pedicure in case I had to take my socks off. The NP actually lowered them to the arch in my foot so she could check the pulse in my ankles.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 07-15-2017 at 08:28 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

It's hard to tell if that's a complete rejection. A lot of GG are not comfortable with anyone else knowing the secret. She may be embarrassed someone will find you out because society has ingrained it in a lot of minds that it is not ok. She may be worried that other people will find you out and in return she will appear to be the "freak" married to a crossdresser. You could try talking to her about it and possibly ask if you both can go to an expert. She may not want to if her fear is someone else finding out your secret. But it's worth a shot. She needs to know it's who you are and it won't change. The pink fog will always be there. Good luck hun! 😘

Reality Check
    I went to the doctor a couple days ago and he sent me for a back X ray. I always wear my tighty whities and it's good that I did because I had to drop my pants for the procedure.

About a month ago, I unexpectedly had a massage. I was wearing a pair of "nude" panties. No lace or anything. I told my wife about it and she commented that I would be the talk of the salon that day. At least it was several hundred miles from home.

I'm sure that my wife would rather not have me crossdressing but she puts up with it and seldom makes negative comments. She buys clothes and jewelry for me from time to time.

Given the great variety of clothing that people must wear to a medical appointment, do you think that the medical staff really have the time and inclination to stand around at the end of the day and swap notes on what underwear they saw?
    I would think the greater interest would be the medical conditions of the patients.

Banned Read only
    Well to begin with you should remind your wife that you are not the first man wearing red underwear or even panties that the doctor or medical staff has seen.

I remember once I went in for an unrelated consultation the GG surgeon had me lie down and then she proceeded to check me for a hurneia. I didn't have to drop my pants,she just had me unzip and she reached down there. I was wearing a pair of ruffly nylon bikini panties. She might of had a little smile on her face when she felt them, but being a professional she never said a word.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-16-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    You never know where the exam is going to go. Sometimes your response to a question links the doc to a totally different set of concerns, or in my case I didn't understand the nature of my affliction. I have hand eczema, the skin on my fingers and hand occasionally dries and whole layers peel off a finger exposing very tender new skin. I went to the doc and after looking at my hands he asked me to take off my shoes and socks! I explained I'd never seen a problem there but he insisted my feet needed to be seen because there are different degrees of this disease and the treatment would depend on what he found there. I removed my shoes and socks while explaining that my wife and I had just returned from Las Vegas and she had convinced me to get a pedicure with her. My toenails were painted a beautiful bright red. Although it was September I said she wanted me to keep them painted until Halloween. The Doc and nurse didn't comment but for a few moments I'm not sure if my toes or my cheeks were brighter red.

I can't comment on what your wife is feeling based on that single comment. It could be what you think or it could be she just has a dress color code in mind for what is appropriate to wear to the doctor office. Maybe white lace panties would have been more appropriate than red men's briefs, I don't know. Good luck figuring it all out.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

You were wearing male red underwear and she protested? My wife (God rest her soul!) was totally against me wearing women's clothes but wanted me to wear colored male underwear! Strange! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    That's interesting Lana, I know my wife hates "tidy whities" too, as did all my past girlfriends. One girlfriend I had in my 20's even commented on them the first time we got naked., She said " Ohhhh yeah, bakini underwear! I knew you were not a Loomer.". I was like " Loomer?", and she said "you know, somebody who wears Fruit of the loom white underwear, I knew you were cooler than that".

Banned Read only
    Steffi,
    One question , why did you need you wife with you at check up ? My wife never accompanies me to any medical procedures , if I need to mention my dressing for any reason there is never a problem, I know my wife wouldn't like it but I'm a big boy/girl now !

NEWS FLASH-

The medical community has seen it all, nails, tattoos, underwear, piercings, you name it who cares.

Only issue I see here is wife flipps out over red trouble ticket underwear, the wife was the one with the issue not the medical folks
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Steffi,

I have the same question as Teresa, why was your wife in the exam room with you? I go to a medical office to get a hormone shot every 2 weeks, and I have noticed that it is rare that somebody called back to the medical area has a spouse or SO accompany them, usually they just remain in the waiting room.

Silver Member
    At the dermatologist for a full body check-over... Toes polished bright red! I was told to take my socks off !!! I said to the female Doc, "may I speak to you privately"? The female tech left the exam room, I took off my socks, the Doc said,"Oh, how pretty", smiled and had a light giggle. Socks back on, tech back in and check completed. As I departed, the tech gave me a sly smile as if to say, busted!

I have had my toes painted for years. In yoga class they see them. Right now they are bright orange and the yoga instructor when she first saw them said nice color. on your toes. So I don't see why panted toes are a problem. But at a pedi they always want to paint them. But not my nails typically.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Steffi,

One question , why did you need you wife with you at check up ? My wife never accompanies me to any medical procedures , if I need to mention my dressing for any reason there is never a problem, I know my wife wouldn't like it but I'm a big boy/girl now !
    Quote Originally Posted by grace7777 View Post
    Steffi,

I have the same question as Teresa, why was your wife in the exam room with you? I go to a medical office to get a hormone shot every 2 weeks, and I have noticed that it is rare that somebody called back to the medical area has a spouse or SO accompany them, usually they just remain in the waiting room.
    I'm a big boy too, and normally I don't need my wife to accompany me to the doctor's.

I have a problem with one of my heart valves (the mitral valve, to be specific). For you medical types, I have an MVP with moderate to severe leakage. I went for a consult on getting the mitral valve repaired. The typical procedure is essentially open heart surgery, so to speak. They put you under anesthesia, put you on a heart-lung machine, stop the heart, go in and repair the valve (either arthroscopically or by cutting through my sternum to access the heart) restart the heart, and then take me off anesthesia. Pretty routine for heart surgery, but I have a couple or contraindications because of the possibility of having problems with anesthesia. Overall, pretty serious stuff. I asked my wife to accompany me so she could ask any questions directly to the doctor rather than quizzing me.

Right now, the surgery is not medically necessary, but it will be necessary if my heart continues to deteriorate.

As for me, I know that the doctors don't care, from personal experience. There have been several times when I was asked to take off my shoes and socks when I didn't expect it. I even went to the GG dermatologist with painted toes fully knowing that my socks would need to come off. She said she liked the color. Even the GG assistant said she liked the color.

I knew that my wife would freak out if I was wearing panties. She know that I crossdress and she knows that I go out in public to a local crossdressing group. But she doesn't want to discuss anything about my crossdressing. I don't think she knows that I underdress or that I paint my toes. There are a couple of doctors that have been read into the program. I even gave one of them a CD of all my pics from Keystone 2017. You can see a sampling in the pictures section.

What I still don't get is what is wrong with wearing men's bikini underwear, even to the doctor's.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 07-15-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Steffi,

Sorry to hear about the MVP. I hope that whatever treatment plan you end up with, you're able to do the things that you want to do. As for your wife going with you on the consult, I can understand it. My wife, went on my consult and post-op visits with the cardiothoracic surgeon who replaced my aorta and aortic valve. Other than that visit, the time in the hospital and the post-op visit with my PCP (also her dr.), I can't recall any other time when she's ever gone in an exam room with me. However, I was glad that she went. She was there for support, as a second set of ears and someone who cared enough to ask questions that I didn't think of. The difference between us is that at the time I was strictly a closet dresser in a DADT relationship. However, since the surgery and a substantial weight loss, I'm far more willing to be the non-binary on the effeminate side person that I am and always wear panties and tanks or camis as well as other feminine clothing. Much to my wife's chagrin.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by grace7777 View Post
    Steffi,

Well now my wife has accompanied me in the exam room on several doctor visits and consults. How is a spouse supposed to understand your medical condition, ask the doctor questions, and get information to address their concerns if they are not there?

One time my Doctor was going to give me a prostate exam and my wife was there. My doctor asked me if I was sure I wanted to do the exam with her in the room. My wife just busted out laughing and said "I have seen worse".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-16-2017 at 05:18 PM.

I've been with medical practitioners a lot, and I'm talking 1000's of times.

It is pretty clear to all others that I am waxed with glossy nails, so my clothing and underwear should be of no surprise.

Being colourful everyday possibly allows me to wear red or orange panties without too much fuss.
    We need Colour!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I should have read more before I commented.
    So disappointed with your comment Teresa!
    Having your partner by your side whilst having a medical consult is something which is part of my life, It works both ways, It's what beautiful people do!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I always wear black panties to the doctor. I don't have any male underwear. He's seen them several times. He's also seen my painted toenails and fingernails. He has never commented about any of it. He did ask me about my sex life once, but it was a legitimate medical question because of an infection he was treating me for. (I had to admit that it was non-existent.)

Steffi, I'm guessing that you're no spring chicken, so your wife is probably one of those who think men simply look best in what are traditional men's underwear styles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    About a month ago, I unexpectedly had a massage.
    Were you assaulted by the 'unknown masseuse'?
    chrystina-being-the-unknown-comic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    Given the great variety of clothing that people must wear to a medical appointment, do you think that the medical staff really have the time and inclination to stand around at the end of the day and swap notes on what underwear they saw?
    Yes, some of them do. They won't say anything to your face, but after you're gone, you might be the topic of back room jokes. I've been at this almost 50 years now, and if you told me back when I was 14 and a voluteer, that any medical professionals in the year 2017 were still laughing at folks with alternative sexual lifestyles, I wouldn't have believed it. Seems we haven't advanced anywhere's near what I had expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Well to begin with you should remind your wife that you are not the first man wearing red underwear or even panties that the doctor or medical staff has seen.
    That doesn't stop people from feeling embarrassed. That doctor may have seen hundreds of people in, shall we say, compromising states, but for the person him/her self, or their SO, it's still the first time, and it still feels uncomfortable.
    She might of had a little smile on her face when she felt them, but being a professional she never said a word.
    True seasoned professionals usually don't even blink an eye, much less say anything out of order, or smile, mostly because at some point in our life, we've seen pretty much everything before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Steffi, One question , why did you need you wife with you at check up ?
    Plenty of people bring their SO, parent, or adult child with them when they go for medical exams. It may not be that they need you there, but they want you there. Call it emotional support. It also helps because people feel nervous, and forget questions they wanted to ask, and the relative can pipe in and remind them, or, perhaps the relative has a question. It simply expedites things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    What I still don't get is what is wrong with wearing men's bikini underwear, even to the doctor's.
    I guess it's just some people's personal feelings as to what looks nice and what doesn't, kind of like they might not feel that men look good in dresses. The women I've known pretty much all were of the opinion that men look better in either boxers or white briefs; not one single one of them preferred to have me wear, well, what some referred to as a 'nut bag' (men's bikini underwear); yeah those were the hospital staff types.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.