Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Class and Status

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Stacy being honest sometimes is a double edged sword as we found out in this thread.
    I'm guilty of being brutally honest just like you and sometimes it bites us.
    I'm glad you are here and don't change anything about you.
    We are all friends here.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Lafleur View Post
    So, does my class and status make a difference?

Probably not nearly as much as your attitude...
    Pretty much this....
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

So a few weeks ago I was chatting with a friend (college professor / wonderful lady) we were discussing violence against women (gg), and transwomen. Would anyone care to dispute that transgender women are much more likely to be a victim of violence (right up to getting quite dead) in poorer / rougher neighborhoods than in nicer ones?
    I know I'm a lot safer in Roosevelt Field mall (UMC location), than I am at Green Acres mall (the local police precinct was referred to at one point as Fort Apache), so I shop at Roosevelt Field.
    Money can be a tool, a shield, a very very nice thing all told, more than anything else it provides choices in life, I'm certain that I am a whole lot safer and more secure than an inner city, poorly educated, low work skill transgender woman is. But the same thing could be said for any middle class V any inner city demographic.

dont feel bad about asking the question you asked, its obvious you meant NO offense and were only asking because of the experience you had, im going to agree with sherrii on this one

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Interesting thread. To be honest Stacy you were on a hiding to nothing as soon as you made it clear you were doing just fine, yet moaning that those not doing so well were against you. Girl that is just human nature. Reel in the I have more, should be considered ahead of you cr#p and with a little contrition, all will be well in your word.
    Last edited by Jane G; 07-15-2017 at 11:23 AM.

So class and money does matter!

I'm possibly one of the only swimming instructors (for children) which has never in my life taken payment. I spend two days a week at the soup kitchen!

People seem to be irritated by the fact that I do things for others without charge!

Yeh, I'm the one with the problem!

Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Sorry Stacy55, but what has that got to do with your original post? I think its wonderful that you try to help the less fortunate.

However, your initial post came across as arrogant, condescending, and elitist. That is how I ( and others, apparently) perceived it. If that was not your desired effect, perhaps you should have phrased the question in a better fashion.

My Father used to say: "there are people who can say 'good morning' and you want their kick their a$$, others can tell you to 'go f*ck yourself' in such a way that you look forward to the experience."
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Apologies for the Grammagh and phrasing.
    In my world things don't make much sense.

I'm genuine though!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Wow reading the post, I guess there is a difference in translation even in English speaking people. It is really nice that you support the poor Stacy.
    Part Time Girl

I used to have my own little business, where i went toall classes of peoples' homes or apartments to clean, or do yard work. Millionaires, and people on Social Security. We all breathe the same air, have red blood, are born, live, then die, no matter the class. Sadly, in this cruel world, human nature can be so class crazy.

I know people in high places and in low places. Some people in high places are scumbags, and some people in low places are genuinely classy. Having high status doesn't make one high class.
    It's interesting that some people have the need to remind people of their high class and status, afraid that it may not be readily apparent.

It's got nothing to do with grammar or phrasing... pretty pathetic excuse...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I agree 100% with Nicole's point of view.
    For me, I don't believe in class or 'status', its about the attitude of the individual that matters.
    They can be a millionare or on the bones of their ass financially, in the end its about the person.

On the other hand, there are places to walk through dressed, and places not to walk through dressed, if you see what i mean.

Banned Spammer
    I know very wealthy crossdressers and transsexuals.

Its easier for them because people want something from them I.e. a job,help,references ect..

You don't have to let anyone know your financial status.
    One friend drives an older car dealing with lower income/class people and uses a expensive $480,000 car when dealing with people in his class.

This is quite a funny topic, especially the replies! anyway Stacy you want to count yourself lucky you're from Oz (which I thought was classless!) try living in Britain, the class system here stinks.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It's been my experience that the lower a person's social status, the more likely they are to speak their mind. Maybe they are not as accepting as you think but just not saying anything. The way I see it, if I get treated how I want to be treated, who cares what they really think.