Thread: Remembered

Banned Read only

Remembered

I stopped in the women's shoe department in Penney's yesterday and the female manager immediately recognized and spoke to me, what's a little strange is I haven't been in there for several months. Same in the Payless stores, they remember me and come right over and want to talk. I don't think this would happen if I was dressed totally as a guy. Honestly I think they like me as a crossdresser, they like the feminity I have added to the male. I was dressed in two and one half inch girl ankle booties, girl jeans and top under a jacket with B cup bra. And I don't think it's because they are sales assistant wanting to sell shoes. I think it's because they like me as a male in female clothes like they wear so I'm on the feminine side of the male/female line and for some reason they like my feminine presentation. There warmth and being so very friendly makes me think if I asked them out they would jump at the chance. And I'm not pumping up my ego, other threads have shown how much acceptance women have of males that just like women's clothes and presenting more gender neutral but on the female side.

I'd have to agree that quite possibly they liked you as a more feminine, gender neutral type person. When out dressed it often seemed that women were much more "comfortable" and friendly around me than when I was totally male. AND.....it's not just my ego but some of those females made it clear that they liked me that way and a few even wanted to date me.

Reality Check
    I think they remember you because you are a man who dresses like a woman. In most parts of the country, that's unusual.

It's no different than if you had three legs. That would be different and people would remember you.
    Krisi

I would believe that you are remembered for the feminine person which attended their store as you have well described! They most likely liked you as you are.
    And good people are nice to nice people!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

As a retail manager I can tell you some of my girls love working with trans/CDs/drag queens and the like because they tend to be fun and appreciative of a friendly attitude. It has nothing to do with being attracted to the customer and if those customers were to ask them out things would get real awkward really fast. Just a warning.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I think it is similar to the way all the women I know like to interact with gay men. I am not saying they think you are gay but it is a similar reponse. My assumption is that they do not (maybe unknowingly) feel threatened by strange men that are obviously gay or unusually effeminate like they might with a Alpha male type macho man who evidently usually just wants to have is way with them on an animal level.

On the subject of asking people out, well that is different. Life is short and if you like someone you should always ask them out. The survival of the species depends on it. The worst that can happen is they say no in which case you do not have a date. If you don't ask you are gauranteed that worst case scenario. What do you have to loose?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Several years ago as part of Diva Las Vegas I would lead a small group to an art museum located in a suburban library. Part of any good museum is the gift shop and the first year we went out there we all went in and shopped a little. Two years later we went back and the woman in the gift shop remarked that she had missed us the previous year and was happy to see us again, even recognizing who was part of that group and who was new. I was amazed.

Another time I stopped in guy mode at a department store cosmetic counter to get a color match for my foundation. A year later I returned en femme and after describing the previous visit the sales associate recalled the event although she didn't recognize me at first (thankfully). We are still a unique segment of the population and people do remember us for quite a while. I'm thinking we should celebrate those positive encounters a little more when we can.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    I would guess that any of us, with rare exceptions, are memorable as CD or TG. And of course a wise SA will remember good customers. But I also think that once we get out and mingle, both curiosity and sales considerations give way to the formation of relationships....not deep relationships, but we become meaningful as individuals. That’s a good thing.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Deebra I think you are reading way too much into things.
    I have SA's that remember me in either mode and they will come over and try to help me find a new outfit.
    What mode I am presenting doesn't seem to make any difference.
    One thing I do notice is they like to touch my shoulders or arm when they come up to me.
    I'm not sure what that means if anything but on many occasions when I get ready to leave they will give me a hug.
    I don't think the hugs or touching really mean anything.
    I have one male friend if a girl looks at him she wants him LOL If she even stands close or touches his arm he is supposed to marry her and make babies. He is a real piece of work for sure.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-26-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Deebra, have u considered that maybe it's because u r a social person and easy to chat with?

Personally, I always shop in drab. Because I'm hoping not be noticed and don't wish to be interrupted, including by SA's, when shopping. Especially for Sherry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have become much more memorable to people I have casual contact with since I started wearing my nails long about 20 years ago. My face may not make much of an impression, but everybody notices the hands.

- Diane