Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a Miad?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Yea. that about sums it up for me. I do enjoy wearing a good bra, but I have a little something to put in it though. I like some shoes too.

To me there is nothing better than lingerie, nylons, and a skirt to get comfortable in.

Yes , you fit here, there are lots here just like you, and me!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Thanks to all who responded.
    I would like to clarify a few points: To those that said "welcome", thank you, but I've been here since 2009 and have more than 500 post. Hardly "a newbie".
    To those that think that I'm not comfortable here, you're wrong. I am very much at home here with such a wide spectrum of identities & personalities.
    What I said is that I am in a minority here, as most, at least those very active seem to be "women impersonators", and I am not.
    I am going to post more soon.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Oh boy I left that a while ago. I am pretty feminine. Therefore I don't think I am MAID.
    Part Time Girl

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    I am, but not by choice. If I could take it farther, I would, but unfortunately I don't have the means to do so.

Docrobbysherry,

I know you are one of us. I have followed you for a long time, and we exchanged messages way back. But you also are an actor who plays so many roles and does it so well, I may say. It's hard to think of you as anything but a glamourous Hollywood girl.
    Cheers,

i
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Nope. With the exception of always being underdressed, it's always 100%.

hello Salerba,
    I am a bearded man in a dress. If I ever look in the mirror that is the reality I see.
    My sex is male, my sexuality is hetero, my gender is perhaps more feminine than masculine.
    I am learning to live with it. Everyone is different yet there is also something that unites us.
    luv J

I'm kind of like you salerba, I don't at the moment want to become a woman, I just want to get high on the humiliation CDing brings me.

I did try a wig and makeup but it's not as appealing as just wearing some panties and short shorts and a soft shirt.

Banned Read only
    Salerba,
    No I'm somewhere on the transition road so the man in a dress is not for me , I do it at home simple because of my DADT situation because t putting make up on and taking it off in a short time is just a waste of time, but otherwise from the neck down it's all dressed with forms .

This is a Cders forum and you still fit in, the term only refers to wearing the clothes of the opposite sex and not becoming women , many of us should be using other sections of the forum because we do want more , we are possibly the odd ones out in this section .

Hello Teresa,

I'm so glad that you replied. You are one of my favourites here and I'm always looking forward to your posts.

The reason I made the original post is so people will know my bias when I reply to their messages. My attitude to some issues discussed might be different than a regular CD.
    I am very comfortable here and enjoy most of the discussions.

Whether we are regular CDs, Miads, or Transitioning people we can relate to one another's problems better than those in the outside world could.

Being strictly male I do not suffer "pink fog" and have to "dress" once in a while. I am dressed all the time, except when I travel from home to my shop, I change my skirt for trousers and reverse when there.

I found it very strange some time ago, when someone discussing my post referred to me as "she" or "her", I most certainly am a "he" or "him". No offence intended to those that prefer it the other way.

I am glad that I received mostly positive replies.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Traci G

Thank you, and I must say I like your recent avatar better than the previous one. Very becoming.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

To the outside world, I'm a man in a dress. There's absolutely no mistaking what I am, as there's no way I could ever pass. But I need to wear these things in order to feel normal, at peace in my own skin, so to speak. I don't ask anyone else to call me a female name, I don't try to speak in a female pitch or manner, I don't try to change the way I walk or the way I move. I just wish that no one will bother me when I dress the way I do. I don't bother anyone else, and don't want them to bother me. Unfortunately, far too many people in the world, feel they have the right to tell me how I should look.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Alana G

Thanks for reminding me of SkirtCafe. I have not gone there for a while and must re-visit it soon. Good place.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Absolutely not, I am transitioning from male to female.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    To the outside world, I'm a man in a dress. There's absolutely no mistaking what I am, as there's no way I could ever pass. But I need to wear these things in order to feel normal, at peace in my own skin, so to speak. I don't ask anyone else to call me a female name, I don't try to speak in a female pitch or manner, I don't try to change the way I walk or the way I move. I just wish that no one will bother me when I dress the way I do. I don't bother anyone else, and don't want them to bother me. Unfortunately, far too many people in the world, feel they have the right to tell me how I should look.
    Well said, Lexi, I think we both feel it the same way.

I'm trying to be more brazen and lately been having my lunch om my front porch. Once a mailman walked and handed me my mail and then he looked down on my nyloned legs but didn't say anything.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Nope.
    I agree with the other gurls. Love the forms, the bras, the corset, dresses, hose, panties, all that, love the feminine part of all of it!
    Brandy
    Brandy Mathews

Hmmm... I believe that crossdressing is on a continuum; some are happy with just wearing panties while others go the whole nine yards. Some are certainly men who like the feel of women's clothing and others are women trapped in a man's body. We all fit in to that broad range somewhere. For me, some things just seem like they are needed to go along with what one chooses to wear. A wig is a good example of what I'm trying to say... a nice skirt, blouse, nylons & heels outfit just doesn't "look" right with a bald head on top!

For what it's worth though, I believe there is a difference between those who simply like the clothing vs. those who dress and act womanly in every facet of their life. Totally different motivation but similar end results.

Lacy PJs

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    For what it's worth though, I believe there is a difference between those who simply like the clothing vs. those who dress and act womanly in every facet of their life. Totally different motivation but similar end results.

Lacy PJs
    That's exactly why I started this thread. Miads like the clothing but not behaviour of women.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I've done the MIAD thing a couple of times when people have knocked on the door unexpectedly. But I want to be perceived as a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Calling some one a " male in a dress" is offensive in the TS/TG/DQ/show girl/pageant girl community.

Even calling somebody a TV unless that's there style I.e. non shaven body.
    A gender+(expletive) is a TG who has a beard,mustache, sideburns...

Lgbt civil rights workers work very hard to get the identities they want that are positive.

Listen to Janet Mock interviews with Pierce Morgan to get an example. Its on youtube.
    Gay males sometimes slur TG's with that one liner.they also refer to a TG not passable as a Brick.

If you want to discuss terms join a LGBT community so you don't splinter into different factions the movement

Definitely not a MIAD... does not fit me at all
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

hello Salerba,

well, according to that definition, I too am a MIAD; a man, I act and behave like one and really like it that way. I maintain beard or at least stubble, and have many interests you could traditionally call manly. I may be one of the few here who likes men's fashion and shopping for it.

I have no female persona, any interest in makeup, wigs or forms whatsoever, and don't want to be called or perceived as a woman. Nor do I try to make of fun of women.

I like the clothing - dresses, skirts, pantyhose, shoes, etc.; wearing women's clothes just feels, for lack of a better word, good, natural, as it should be. With that said, however, for some reason I love wearing bras, although with smallest cups possible that give little to no curves in that area.

Like sometimes_miss said, I just wish no one would bother me or think worse of me for wanting to wear women's clothes. I know of some people whose respect for me would be completely lost to me once I came out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dynastycarol View Post
    Calling some one a " male in a dress" is offensive in the TS/TG/DQ/show girl/pageant girl community. [etc.]
    I too love good, uniform use of terminology as an aid to understanding ourselves and to explain ourselves to the outside world. But this site is a "safe space" for people to come to terms with who they are and to discover others like themselves. MIAD is resonating with some of the members here and it seems fair to let them explore that and even take the term back from the haters if that's what works for them (the same way "queer" is being reclaimed by parts of the community.)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Sometimes at home I wear a few fem garments without going further. Got rid of facial hair for good about 13 years ago. I don't go out dressed unless it's all the way.

Calling some one a " male in a dress" is offensive in the TS/TG/DQ/show girl/pageant girl community.
    It's not offensive to someone that identifies as a MIAD. If I do everything possible to pass I wouldn't want to be called that, but to each there own. And do TVs have to go without shaving their bodies? Sounds like stereotyping to think that the word transvestite means that.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Hi Salerba,
    Your thread has interested me because i have been wondering about the subject since i joined this forum.
    Your choice is very similar to mine and so i could be called miad by someone trying to "categorise".
    I do not go out dressed, but if i did i would not be trying to pass. I have no interest in wigs (unlike my avatar cartoon i have very short hair!) or makeup, but i really enjoy the way i look and feel in feminine clothes, so certainly consider myself a crossdresser.
    Although this probably makes me different to the majority of members, since i have joined this community i have felt very welcome here. Thank-you
    Last edited by Krea; 07-17-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Aspiring Member
    I've always referred to myself as a "man in a dress" as well as a "crossdresser". I don't think I've ever seen myself as a woman, and I don't want to use a feminine name or feminine pronouns to describe myself. Nonetheless, I do love all things feminine. The idea of actually passing as a woman would be nice, but I don't see it as practical.

I see crossdressing as a wide spectrum. I admire those who do pass as a woman, and I would like to see more crossdressers out in public. However it probably isn't for me.