Thread: Trip to the DMV, and new license picture

Trip to the DMV, and new license picture

So, I’ve just moved back to Nashville, and needed to get my TN drivers license renewed, as did my fiancé, so off to the DMV we went. My fiancé is very supportive, so she had no problem with me going dressed as my femme self. So I got dressed in a cute bralette and panties with my body shaper, a purple floral maxi skirt with a black top and matching cardigan. I don’t usually go out in heels, so I paired it with my tall Doc Martens, and was ready to rock!
    I’m growing out my hair, so I try to just style it as feminine as possible, and go mostly natural with my makeup. After we were both dressed, my fiancé and I shared the bathroom mirror, and put on our makeup together, all the while she helped me make sure I looked good, fixing stray eyeliner and mascara for me, and we both enjoyed every minute! She had me take my top of while we did our faces, so as not to get makeup all over them, and at one point she reached over and untwisted my bra strap, without a thought. After I thanked her, she told me how she never thought she’d be sharing this kind of intimate, feminine moment with her fiancé, and how lucky she was to have me to share these moments with. That one small, offhand comment, made me feel so happy, and accepted. I’m so very lucky to have her.
    Anyway, long story short, I definitely got some looks by the other people at the DMV, but the staff was super nice, didn’t question me or act anything other than professional, and now my license picture looks more like my real self. My fiancé said my haircut makes me look like a soccer mom, but that it was cute! My makeup is very neutral, just foundation and concealer, brow color, eyeliner and mascara, and a bit of blush, which the lighting in the DMV chose to accentuate soooo much it looks kinda funny, but I think it looks cute!
    Being able to chat here, with y’all, is a big part of why I finally feel comfortable to be myself with my fiancé and the world. It means so much to me.
    Anyone else had similar experiences with the DMV?

Glad everything went so smoothly with you. It also sounds like you have keeper of a fiancée. Take good care of her.

Omg! Yes! Jaylen, she is a keeper!!

foxy you have hit a goldmine of a woman!! so happy for you!!

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    What an incredible fiance you have. Oh how I wish I could change my DMV pic. What an amazing story.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    That is a great post on all fronts; your confidence, your fiance's support and the why you were treated by the DMV. Made me smile.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Ony thing is, how do you present most often? You don;t want to have to present your feme DL in boy mode....

I had my Drivers License renewed last year in the East Bay. I went in male mode and had my long hair (below shoulders) brushed down in full view. No problems. Now we have to get a new license anyways because of the new national DL requirements so the the DL can be used as official ID for domestic flights (takes affect in 2020). This requires that you bring your birth certificate and social security card (I don't even know where mine is!) to the DMV. After that deadline in 2020 you will not be able to use your old DL as valid ID for US domestic flights, access to Federal Government facilities where a valid ID is required and who knows where else. Your passport can be used in lieu of the updated DL.

Congratulations! Glad it was easy for you. That's how it's supposed to be. Both with the DMV and the fiancee.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I have really long hair and I wore it in a only tail and the picture does not show my hair.
    Part Time Girl

I did it. Wrote about it here probably almost 10 years ago. I chickened out after the fact and tried to get them to take another photo, claiming I had lost my license. Turns out, when you lose your license they just use the photo on file. I finally found a sympathetic DMV clerk who had to get permission from the main office to allow me to change it to a male picture. I knew there was a time coming where I'd have to show my license at work and let them keep a copy. Not the way I wanted to be outed at work.

I had no problem getting it done in the first place. As I recall I had either rolled or flat ironed my below-shoulder length hair, wore makeup and big (like 2-1/2") hoops and a black deep V-neck pullover, no forms. She even took several pictures and let me pick the best one, which was not half bad! I don't remember how long I kept it, but I was very proud of that DL until reality set in, then I was in a panic. I don't remember what my story was when I tried to get it changed. It took about 3 trips pleading to the DMV to get it changed, but I eventually did, and it's a good thing I did.

My female picture is the one on my DL and has been for a few years now. It was painless to get it. I wanted the picture to match my appearance most all the time which comes in handy with TSA as well.

Well when I had my last picture done, I went in a bit mixed. Some primer and foundation and a touch of liner and lip gloss. Nothing that noticeable in the picture but I look tanned and younger that in another ID I need for another state that I do work in.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    This requires that you bring your birth certificate and social security card (I don't even know where mine is!) to the DMV.
    If you can't find your birth certificate, you can get a duplicate from the state where you were born. A duplicate social security card can be obtained from the nearest social security office.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Thanks for all of y’alls support and comments! It felt great to just be myself. My presentation now is way more feminine than masculine, which is why I wanted my license picture to reflect that. I’m so blessed to have a fiancé that supports me in every way! My license still does say that I’m male, but at least my picture looks more like the real me

Foxy, what a great story. You are a lucky girl.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My DL photo is fem. Was out and about when I got it renewed. Happened to drive past the local DL office and since it didn't look busy decided to stop and get it done ( I was in my grace period so only had two more weeks anyway). Was wearing a black blouse/slacks combo, hair was braided and no makeup (as usual). I didn't think that the blouse/slacks combo looked all that fem in person. When they took my pic they took two - first one "normal" and 2nd with my braid over my shoulder to show my long hair. The 2nd one is the one now on my photo. Because of including my braid in the photo, you can definitely see the collar and top of the blouse in the photo...very obvious a blouse. Due to what ever type of flash they use, you can also see my bra straps through the blouse. That will be the "official" me for the next 6 years.