Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Miad?

I'm not sure what my "label" is yet. I underdress in panties everyday, and still find it exciting to pick out a pair. I enjoy wearing bras, pantyhose, breastforms, dresses, skirts, blouses, wigs etc etc etc when I can, which is not very often. For me, and only speaking for me, it's still a sexual rush to get dressed in any form including and beyond panties. Not sure what the future may hold, but I'm looking forward to it.

Diedre wrote:
    Once full puberty hit I became a MIAD and lost all desire to even try to be passable. I have not worn make up or a stuffed bra in over 40 years. But I still enjoy all the sensations of lingerie, nylons, heels and a skirt.

It sounds like my story, except for bra & heels; don't like them.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I'n not really sure? I do wear a wig sometime (see avatar), and I like to wear makeup when I can, but I have no desire to wear bras, breastforms, or to change my voice when I dress. I know I don't "pass" as a woman and that's okay. I think my main motivation is not to be a *woman* but to be *feminine*. It's subtle and nuanced stuff, I guess, but for me personally, a lot of the time just putting on a pretty dress, some tights and heels is all I need, and sometimes when I'm feeling very femme, the wig & makeup too. *shrug*

Well hell, I guess I found someone just like me. I'm just a plain, quiet guy who enjoys panties, bras, frilly things and dresses. But I have no real need for wigs, make up, nails, shoes, etc. and I really enjoy being a man. Cause thats who I am. Im just one that likes poofy dresses too.
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615

Apologies for being another member late to the "party".

This question is somewhat similar to one that has been rattling around my head recently: Specifically, if society changed to where a man could go to work in a nice skirt suit (like the one in my photo) or dress without having to try to pass, would you? [That is, if we could all dress like Martha without sanction or fear, would you?]

Right now I am wearing a grey business skirt suit while I complete and send off some job applications. Sadly, I would not be able to wear it for any resultant face-to-face job interviews.

Do not get me wrong, I would also love to be able to go out fully passable on occasions. I just chafe at the fact that outside of my home, I pretty much have an either/or choice. Why not "It depends on how I am feeling at the time"?

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Kristen View Post
    Specifically, if society changed to where a man could go to work in a nice skirt suit (like the one in my photo) or dress without having to try to pass, would you? [That is, if we could all dress like Martha without sanction or fear, would you?]
    Yes, definitely. I too like women's business skirt suits or dresses. I wouldn't do it every single day, because I like my ordinary clothes as well and I feel good in them too. It would be dependent on if I felt like it, as you have mentioned. It's just some days I just want to wear a nice skirt, blouse, etc. I have no desire to pass or present as a woman, it's not who I am. Even if I tried it would like a mockery, an insult to women.

As for your "Why" question, well... because society. I struggle with this question a lot. Why would it matter if I came to work in a respectable skirt and shirt. And the answer is, well... you know, society.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Kristen View Post
    Apologies for being another member late to the "party".

This question is somewhat similar to one that has been rattling around my head recently: Specifically, if society changed to where a man could go to work in a nice skirt suit (like the one in my photo) or dress without having to try to pass, would you? [That is, if we could all dress like Martha without sanction or fear, would you?]

Right now I am wearing a grey business skirt suit while I complete and send off some job applications. Sadly, I would not be able to wear it for any resultant face-to-face job interviews.

Do not get me wrong, I would also love to be able to go out fully passable on occasions. I just chafe at the fact that outside of my home, I pretty much have an either/or choice. Why not "It depends on how I am feeling at the time"?
    If society changed as you say it would be a dream come true for me. I would love to go about in a skirt suit but as a man; I have not the slightest interest "to pass"; to look like a woman. Therefore I am different from both you and Lucy23 who want to be on both sides of the fence.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I am not a MIAD. But I see where you are coming from.

Fullofwish: I think miads can be slightly different from one another. What makes us miads is that we do not pretend to be women but remain men even if dressed unconventionally.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Thanks so much for sharing this Salerba. I hadn't taken the time to truly distinguish MIADs apart from those en femme, even though I believe I have seen a few in public over the years. I appreciate your openness and applaud you for reconnecting with the community. Funny how within every minority there is another minority and another. The human brain is an organizer and classifier, so, of course, our cultures and societies mirror that.

I am not a MIAD, though in a moment, underdressed I can be a MIAD. But, then, I am being a MIAD, as a way to be in touch with the feminine. I guess that would make me sorta bi-MIAD (just being silly. not trying to create new designations). When in female clothing, I want to be as female as I can be. For example, over the last two days, with the help of multiple razors and trimmers, I have spent about 10 hours ridding myself of my Yeti suit after months being just a guy. But boy do I feel as smooth as a girl.

But, I don't hate being born male or being male. I don't dislike maleness. I like both. And if I had it my way I could be either, whenever I wanted – full body parts, shape, size, voice and all – with the snap of a finger or twinkle of a nose.. That would be my dream. But who knows, maybe with that freedom I'd lean towards one or the other or even find out that I was truly a MIAD after all.

I am a MIAD in my own house most of the time. All my clothes will be female from the neck down. I don't use padding except for breast forms but I love foundation wear. Occasionally I like to use light make up but rarely wear a wig. I wear the clothes because I like them and I believe man has the right to wear what he wants especially in his own time.

I feel like I could fall in that category too. I don't do a lot to disguise that I'm really a guy in a princess dress when I'm out cosplaying, but at the same time I do as much as I can to look as feminine as I can (although I still haven't used makeup outside of lipstick). Really, when I'm all dressed up in one of my cross plays, or a southern belle, or any of my vintage dresses, I could care less what gender they class me under. In the back of my mind though, I understand that I'm still a guy in the end of all of this. I work a factory life and live my life like any other guy, but when I need to destress or just take a break from being the everyday guy I am, I'll take the opportunity to dress up and be as feminine as I want to be. Granted, if I could get away with wearing the dresses I wear everyday... I would!

I believe I am a MIAD by definition and I'm quite happy with that too. I have facial hair which I enjoy as a man. Being 61 I think I'm unlikely to be passable at all even without the scruff. Number one thing for me is to enjoy the feeling of nice fabrics, tight leggings and jeggings, skirts brushing my legs, nylons, and pretty underwear. I'll wear a bra but one that fits (ha, easily said) my small boobs rather than feel a desire to pad out. Not into wigs I'm afraid. I love shoes though, adore heels.

If I could find a blended style so I could feel these fabrics and still do whatever I might do without drawing attention then I'd do that. I'm finding a few tricks like slightly oversize jeggings looking kinda like skinny man jeans (due to a few wrinkles). And V neck T's that are just a bit too "V". I'm probably fooling no one really but if I feel just comfortable then I'll do it. Self deception at it's best maybe

CallieBelle,

If we start splitting classifications we will discover the obvious: We are all unique, and very unlikely there is someone EXACTLY like you. When I started the Miad thread I based it on what applies to me: facial hair, no wigs or bras or high-heels. I do not consider myself feminine at all and would rather be annoyed being referred "girl". Judging by some comments so far I can say my first statement is true: we are all unique, some like this but not that or just part of that, etc.

I spend 100% of my time as a man even though all my clothes resemble what women used to wear in the past. (Majority of present day women wear trousers, a garment I dislike.)
    Even when I go out in male clothing I underdress. If our society could accept a man wearing a skirt I would be the happiest guy alive. As it is now I am too timid to try.

I am glad that I have received some approval & even encouragement from those who are on the other side o the fence.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Georgina,
    You resemble me except for breast forms which I never use.
    See also my reply to Callie.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Quote Originally Posted by Imeni View Post
    Well hell, I guess I found someone just like me. I'm just a plain, quiet guy who enjoys panties, bras, frilly things and dresses. But I have no real need for wigs, make up, nails, shoes, etc. and I really enjoy being a man. Cause thats who I am. Im just one that likes poofy dresses too.
    Hi Imeni,

Since we do not try to present as women we tend to stay in the closet and mind our own business. I am sure there are more of us here just lurking and not posting.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Salerba, there r way more like u than u think. I personally have met T's that wore facial hair, had a man's hair cut but wouldn't wear a wig or makeup, and some will not do anything to modify their male figures.

I personally identify with your MIAD definition. Not because I only partially dress, (I dress for ME alone and want to see a woman in my mirror), but because I don't have a female side, period.
    Sherry,
    I just reviewed your post and I think I can agree with your statement that you are a "miad". The reasons you give only confirm that.
    I always considered you somehow different than most here; you are an actor playing a multitude of roles and doing it so well.
    I'm really amazed at your versatility.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Lady-friend asked me a very similar question when she came out to see me do stand-up in full girl-mode.

For going out in public I go for a 100% look without disguising my voice or acting too feminine. I do, however, have a feminine walk when I'm out dressed.
    And I'll always be in either a dress or a skirt. And heels are a must!

When I'm chilling at home I might relax around in a t-shirt, skirt, and heels.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Nope, not a "MIAD".

Second, WTF is a "true" crossdresser??????
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

For a while there, I tried to define myself too, only to come to the conclusion that it is an exercise in futility. I seem to evolve over time too, so it makes no sense.
    Most people who dress/transition say they do it because they don't feel comfortable in their skin/in the role unilaterally assigned to them by society/conventions. I feel perfectly comfortable either way. For me dressing is like a drug: it gives me a high I cannot even begin to describe...and apparently the further I take it, the more intense this high/thrill is. I just LOVE it and it makes my life complete. Oh, and I'm way past my MIAD stage (which I too had at one point)...
    Last edited by CatchQueen; 01-20-2018 at 05:26 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/c/CatchQueen - My YouTube - I post there regularly

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I'm sorta that---I don't go out and I don't want to pass myself off as a woman. There are several reasons for Crossdressing---Loosely defined as a straight person (Usually male) who, from time to time, wears clothing of the opposite sex, as opposed to Cross dressing Homosexuals or Transsexuals. Crossdressers may do what they do for several reasons 1. The like the FEEL of the clothing fabric, cut, etc. 2. They have a fetish for women's Clothing 3.They are "ESCAPISTS", CDing to "get away from themselves" taking a "vacation" from ones self if only for a few hours. A lot of guys who wear uniforms in their job are into escapist CD. Not only does one escape from them self, but also escape from the stresses and responsibility of their own life and even "manhood"---They become a completely different person, relieve stress, and then go back to being a guy again.(like me) 4. "Taboo trippers and risk takers" Some CDs do it because it is socially "forbidden", (even in their own psyche)--violating such taboos, without dire consequences, often results in a "Rush" or "High" that is addictive. Passing for a woman in public and getting away with it is also a big rush as is simply taking the risk. 5. Humiliation SM is another reason, the CDer lowers his status and takes abuse, real or fantasy taking on a woman's role. ---------6. Disguises Some people like to simply Dress up in various disguises to demonstrate their skill or fool people. 7.Identifying as a woman. Some Dress as they identify with women sort of "borderline" TS cases or homosexuals---but lacking the true "sexuality" associated with such conditions---sort of rare.

So there is a list of why different reasons people cross-dress. ---I have missed a few, or some people might have several of these reasons---and even jump from one reason to the other as they progress. As mentioned above, I am an ESCAPIST I CD in private, perhaps take some pics, and let my stress simply flow away. I do not go out or socialize in costume, although, I do have fun seeing how well I can make myself look both for photos and for intensifying the escape experience. I would say you might be somewhat of an escapist, but only you would know for sure, I hope I hve given you some thoughts to consider.

I don't think its as black and white as you make out because I do wear all the the padding makeup etc and I do try to pass for female but I still consider myself as a man in a dress. I'm just a man who is expressing the feminine side of his personality.

I know that may sound confusing to some but I don't like to pretend that this part of my personality is somehow something or someone else that is separate from me. Crossdressing is genetic and as such I am not the man I am now without it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvcAKrZxIBZMNn-9jilAIA

I dont know where I would fall, In the middle I guess.
    It is the full kit from the neck down, Full breast, Firm tuck. And all the accessories necessary
    to complete the look from the neck down.

But no desire for makeup, (Which was only ever done once by my wife)
    And a wig, I do have a few, But not really desired.

So like the rest of my life, My dressing is just confusing as well.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I'm SO HAPPY this thread is alive and well, and there are so many MIADs among us. I was bragging in another post that I don't mind being the only one in sight, but really, I wish you all could populate my real world.

Back to business- I observe from the posts that a lot of us have come to the point of just accepting the contradictory impulses and desires, and I think we might all agree that basically the point is the truth is always the stable place to be.

The truth of real people is that we are not at all uniform, or able to be conveniently separated into the gender binary. The source of conflict is not in us, it is in the attempts to sustain the myth of the binary. It really is a classic mythmaking strategy to bring order to what is very messy in real life, and thereby to bring some peace, at the price of a lot of control.

Actual peace lies is being who we are, without apology or even having to wonder, find a label, etc. I think I am so happy reading this thread now because so many here have found that as well.

I think the public exposure of transgenderism has softened up the beachheads of the oppressive gender binary, and the revolt against sexual harassment of women, in particular, is only going to be resolved by understanding that women are perfectly capable and broadly skilled, diverse and competent, and equal in every respect to men, who have been accorded tremendous privileges, but at a mostly unacknowledged huge personal and psychological cost.

We have been living in a fantasy world where 'men' were kings, and this was supported by terrible oppression of women and cultivation of the worst traits of power and privilege in men. Now we can see that men are no better or worse than women, and I don't think there is any outcome possible except that men will be released as well from their oppression.

It is up to us as the revolutionaries to keep lighting candles in public- to speak openly about men as free to be masculine or feminine or any hybrid mix. To express ourselves, and say we are expressing ourselves, and to challenge anyone who objects to answer the question 'Why not?'. The answer has always been indirect- 'society will punish you'. I

By going out, I am sending a simple message- I exist, am peaceful, normal, coherent and I freely and have no fear about mixing and matching gender expressions. As

I don't flinch if anyone indicates they aren't happy about that. I continue with normal conversation. I am in essence saying- "This isn't about society- society isn't here, you are. Do you really want to punish me?" In a few milliseconds, people choose. Most relax and admit, wordlessly, that they know life is a costume party, and it really doesn't matter what I wear.

Some cling to their disapproval, but they know it is their choice and the river of Truth is flowing onward without them. I don't take it on. Those that want punish are ashamed of that desire, and most suppress it. If anyone actually becomes hostile, I will love them and ask them about what they are seeing.

I have not been in a situation where anyone would actually choose hate speech or physical violence, and I have seen both easy and grudging acceptance in small towns, etc. I think danger now only arises in non-public conditions, as with any crime.

So we are free to do our part in the public marketplace of ideas to break the spell of the masculine male/feminine female mythology, and free women and men in our worlds.
    We are all beautiful...!

You have definitely described me... I love wearing clothes that are as frilly and feminine as possible, but have no interest in wigs or makeup or anything else to my face to actually appear female. I only dress at home and and where I am now seems to work fine for both my wife and me.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I am definitely not a MIAD. However, I underdress almost all year accept in very warm weather. If I am in female clothes I am in full makeup and a wig.