Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Are you a Miad?

I have been content to dress from the neck down for over 50 years. However, seeing all of you beautiful women here has got me pondering. Shave my face? Makeup? Wig? Hmmm...

I've been thinking the same thing, Monique65.

I've always been a MIAD, but the more I see others with full makeup and wigs, the more I want to try it...... I should really stay away from the photo forum and reddit. I would NOT be good at makeup lol.

I dress all the way makeup and all love it cant get enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    Nope, not a "MIAD".

Second, WTF is a "true" crossdresser??????
    To my mind a "true" crossdresser is the one who tries to emulate a woman; to be perceived by others as a woman;"to pass".
    Miad, on the other hand, does not hide his masculinity, presents himself as a man wearing clothes that were once associated with women. Present day women's attire does not count as 90% of women wear trousers, and miads are not interested to look like women who wear trousers.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Marina,
    Very interesting observations and perhaps apply to many, in varying degrees.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Quote Originally Posted by Salerba View Post
    Present day women's attire does not count as 90% of women wear trousers, and miads are not interested to look like women who wear trousers.
    Really? There are no MIADs who wear women's trousers? That's an interesting fun fact.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Raychel,
    We all are different, with varying aspects of crossdressing. I just like to wear the clothes that by now have become my natural, regular clothes. I no longer think I'm crossdressing, I'm just "dressing". It's too bad that I'm not brave enough to go out the way I'm dressed all day, and have to camouflage it with masculine attire. I envy Philli and Martha B. who can be themselves among their associates and such.

Pat,
    Please read the first words of my statement "to my mind". I am expressing my opinions.

Philli,
    I always enjoy your posts. You are always so philosophical, and even though I may not always agree with everything you say, I appreciate your saying it. I just mentioned in another post that I envy you and others who are brave enough to present yourself as you are, without regard what others think.
    I am working on gathering some photos from my "miad" life.

Monique 65 & SabrinaK,

Even though I don't share your desires I say go for it. You want something different so why not do it?
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I am not an "MIAD". I have always known that I should have been born a woman. But, I wasn't. That has not stopped me from having relationships with women. I underdress everyday and my wife knows this. We are geographically separated but not emotionally separated now and I dress fully every evening. I can give up the dressing outwardly as I did for most of the last 55 years. But, I know what I am. I love my wife and family. I won't do more than I've done because I cannot see transitioning this late in life. My wife knows and accepts that I wear panties but will go no further when she is with me. It just isn't where we are as a couple and after 20 years I won't change that.

Hi
    It's been a long time since I've posted here as I've been quite busy, but this thread looks like a great place to make a return, especially as I've been going through a lot of issues of my own identity on this topic for the past few years.
    MIAD is what I know many would refer to me as, I'll admit. My form is quite masculine and honestly there is nothing I can do about that without spending money I don't have. So I don't try to pass, nor do I feel it is important to pass and much more important to be me and accept who I am. Don't get me wrong though, I'd do have this vision in my head that I'd love to look like.
    But that is the outside. On the inside I know I am much more woman than man. My body might be male but the person inside it is not. I exhibit that inner girl everyday in one way or another, no wonder where I am, despite my "alpha male" appearance. I also do know the reaction many have to the Man-In-A-Dress and have no desire to put myself in that position. So I do not dress in public as I'd like, but I know that if I could pass I would. Quite a dilemma, really.
    I have spent the past years wonder who or what I am, however. No terms ever seemed to fit right. And everyone seems to use these terms in different ways, as well. Crossdresser doesn't mean the same to everyone, nor does transgender. But for some reason neither term seemed to fit me anyway, nor did the MIAD which, as I said, is what I know people would see if they saw me the way I enjoy being. In the end I have decided I am a male-bodied woman passing as a man. That's my term for myself, and it is more descriptive of me than any other, it comes from myself, and is of importance to who I am. The point of all of this is not to let others label you, or get too hung up on terms anyway. We all have a right to define our own identity, regardless of what other's see.
    And that is the result of my soul-searching.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salerba View Post
    To my mind a "true" crossdresser is the one who tries to emulate a woman; to be perceived by others as a woman;"to pass".
    Miad, on the other hand, does not hide his masculinity, presents himself as a man wearing clothes that were once associated with women. Present day women's attire does not count as 90% of women wear trousers, and miads are not interested to look like women who wear trousers.

Marina,
    Very interesting observations and perhaps apply to many, in varying degrees.
    Surely, if you think about it, a MIAD is a 'true' crossdresser and what you consider a 'true' crossdresser could be considered as something more (crossdresser plus, female impersonator?). Afterall, a MIAD appears to be a man in the clothing of a woman and that is, by definition, crossdressing (the word is cross-dressing not crossdressing+forms+makup+wig+pads etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Really? There are no MIADs who wear women's trousers? That's an interesting fun fact.
    I do once in a while. I have a pair of womens dressy slacks that I often wear heels with and a woman's top. But I don't wear a wig or forms. MIWP?

I dress to bring the female side out of me. I dress to be a women. I am not a MIAD. If I were to give me a title it would be transgender or maybe Bigender would be a better fit. Most of the time I am a man and very satisfied with it, but there is also a women in me.

MarinaTwelve200,
    Very interesting commentary on crossdressing, and perhaps covers most common reasons. There could be others; some people are unpredictable. A miad to my mind would be the first two points, mainly, but not exclusively. I know it applies to me with perhaps #3 thrown in slightly.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Aspiring Member
    Lucky me. I do not label myself. Very simply, at home I dress in a skirt or skort or peasant skirt and a blouse or t-shirt. Panties of course. I do sport homemade boobs - padded top of a bikini with some cut sponge material inside. I enjoy the feminine feel it gives me. I like wearing a half slip in bed. When I go out, it's as a normal man. I tend not to question whether I am miad, cd, tr, or whatever. Gives me peace.

Cheers,
    Ineke

I think I fit easily into this "category," although I am with others who don't really like to put a label on it. I tend to mix clothing from the men's and women's racks. However, my favorites are nylons, leggings, capris and ballet flats. I don't hide that I am wearing these things and go out in public all the time. I just find some of these things more comfortable.
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/