Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Miad?

"You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Adkins, "Ladies Love Country Boys"

Quote Originally Posted by wbdavid View Post
    Salerba I guess in a loose definition I am I prefer skirts to dresses, but more or less the same thing. For almost 2 months outside of work I wore nothing but skirts.
    So do I, but let's not make any more splits. In my mind a "miad" is a person who crosdresses but does not emulate a woman. I spend all my days in skirts (my preference,too) but as a man. I can see why some would prefer adding or discarding certain items, but it does not affect being a miad.

It's the idea "dress as you like" and live your life the way you want.

People who try to look like women are actually actors playing a role. And it's great. I enjoy showbusiness as a spectator but not as a player.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Phili,
    What drives me is AGP , it's not so much wanting to shake of the male side as wanting to be seen and accepted as a woman. it's why MIAD doesn't work for me
    Teresa,

Your reasoning for not being a miad is exactly the opposite of my wanting to be one. I'm happy being a man and don't want to be perceived a woman.

I've been following your recent episodes of your life with great interest and wish you all the best in the new chapter.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Rader,

After many years on the forum I realised that in many ways I am not like most people here. I like to dress like women did when I was young, not like they do now.
    I have completely no interest in discussing wigs, makeup, jewellery etc. I wear clothes that appeal to me, disregarding what others may think, as I do not go out in public.

I dress every day as it is usual in my environment to dress. I don't think of my clothes as anything special, just coverings for my body (I am not a nudist).

I don't think it is big deal to wear a skirt rather than trousers, is it?

That's why I formulated an idea of "miad".
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

As for me I was born male and no matter how I dress I am still a male. However when I do dress up I try to look as "female" as possible. I have enough on top to fill a c-d cup if I wear a shaper and cutlets. Other than that no extra padding. Whether I'm seen as a man or woman doesn't really bother me. Just as long as I'm treated respectfully.
    So am I a MIAD ???
    What ever makes you happy and content is all that counts. We are all different and we should respect each other. The way I look at it the more of us that are out and about will make it easier for our situation become more accepted and more mainstream

For me when I dress, don't feel like a MIAD for sure, My inner feeling kicks in and act and think like Rayleen.

I guess I fit here although I am not into defining terms -transvestite, crossdresser etc- and I could not "pass" in a dark room at night full of blind people. However, I wear MY clothing because I like how it feels and looks on me. So MIAD fits.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

I am most definitely a man in a dress at this point. I really really want to take it further though.

When I am in male clothes and clean shaven I get called mam. So when dressed like a girl. I sure get called a mam. I have long hair and even though dressed in male clothes I must look fem and get called that. So I don't try to do maid. I use a moisturizer on my face and I think that helps. If I put makeup on then I really look fem. I went out last night dressed to get a battery for my mouse and got a couple looks from men who seemed to like my look. So I am not a MAID.
    Part Time Girl

I never gave it any thought to being a MIAD until today. I was in Macy’s and I found a skirt that I had to have. I promised myself I would never buy another article of clothing again without trying it on. I’m in male clothing wearing jeans and black combat type boots with 4 days worth of facial hair. So I did. And loved it! I bought it and left.

When I got to my car I thought what the heck. I went back in and bought some black tights and headed to the men’s room. I put on the tights, skirt and my boots along with my men’s top and headed back into the store. Talk about nerves! I thought traveling pretty was up there but this was off the charts! I mingled in the shoe department and asked for a couple of sizes of shoes that they didn’t have��. No adverse reactions but I did catch people looking me up and down trying to compute what they saw.

Since I was now in shoe shopping mode I went as I was dressed to DSW and another Macy’s but no luck. As it was getting late I headed to my hotel to check in and yup, I stayed dressed as I was. I did add some lipstick and mascara cuz why not at this point. Check in went off without a hitch and here I sit.

So all in all, it was awesome! I do prefer to go all out and attempt to present as a female, but for those times when I’m not able I now have an outlet. Never would I have believed that I would do what I did, but it won’t be the last time.

Kara,
    I think being a miad does not have to be a full-time activity. Many people like to look at a coin from both sides. For me though, its miad all the way, no female look involved.
    I commend you for presenting yourself as you want to be at the time. If more people see miads about they may become less of a shock than now.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Aspiring Member
    Although technically I am a man in a dress, I don't classify myself that way. I like to look feminine, so whenever I can I do the full makeup, wig, breastforms thing.

Yup. I am a miad.

I just like wearing women's clothes. A few weeks ago I even went out in dress with a beard. (Don't worry, it was Comic Con. It's totally normal there lol)

I'm a MIAD, but it is not a 'less than' situation. I was amazed and relieved and overjoyed to find that being a man does not prevent me from feeling perfectly feminine.

At those times I would feel right at home in a female body, if I had one. But not having one, I am happy to be a mirl and enjoy all that my natural version of male womanhood offers.

I am happy with my options -I used to think that so many satisfactions, pleasures and relationships were out of bounds because not a girl, but that's all changed. Having a woman's body would just leave me in the same position, having one of three possible choices, [including intersex], and I'll always have to make the most of whatever I have.

MIADs can be more or less masculine, but that's the point- everyone wants to express what they feel. Now that I can see all this, I also completely understand wanting to use prosthetics and makeup- we are all homing in on what makes sense for us in our view of gender expression. The outcome is that we see ourselves as we want to in the mirror, and hopefully find others who come around to seeing us as we want them too. So wanting to be seen as female is just another version of wanting to be seen as male, or as a combination, etc.
    We are all beautiful...!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Man in a Dress? Nope!

To people who don't know me, I appear to be a MIAL -- Man in a (pair of) Leggings.

Honestly, I feel it's a bit of a shame that way more guys don't wear them.

They're basically just tight stretchy pants! Only a heck of a lot more fun...

To each his own.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I am not MIAD. I dress to be a woman. When dressed it feels normal and comfortable. I enjoy being fully dressed or partially. When not dressed I'm a man. (I think)

Not me, I like to dress in total when I have a chance. Brenda

Ginni,
    You wrote: When dressed it feels normal and comfortable.
    You expressed what I, a miad, also can say.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Salerba, sorry I missed this thread and am just now seeing it. I too, can relate to the MIAD. Like you and others, I don't actually wear dresses but skirts. My regular daily wear is a skirt and a men's jacket and tie. Other days is a skirt and a polo shirts. However, I am also wearing heels as well. For me (and this is what counts) it completes the look and I like wearing heels as much as the skirts.

I have gone out in the past as Martha (wig, forms and make-up) with the wife typically on the weekends. But I never feel totally comfortable when doing so. I actually felt more comfortable as a man wearing a skirt and heels, than as a man wearing the wig, forms, blouse and skirt or a dress. My wife understands this, so now we go out more as a MAID (D=dressed wearing a skirt and heels), but for her we will typically, once a month, go out together with me as Martha. Gotta keep her happy! But even then, I do not try to act feminine or feel feminine.

When in MAID I don't identify myself as Martha either.

I too, felt that we are a minority here. But as Teresa said, a lot of people that post here in the CD forum should be posting more other the forums. And after reading your thread, we are not alone.
    Last edited by Mark B; 11-18-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Martha B

I also prefer skirts but found that "miad" is more palatable than "mias". I remember seeing your pictures and always considered you "one of us". I know I have pictures similar to you in your avatar and want to post them as soon as I find them. I don`t wear heels: too feminine for me. I am glad that I find more people like me and don`t feel as isolated any more.
    I`m sure there are more who have not yet seen my post or did not bother to post.

I was a little surprised when I joined here that I am so different from the majority here. Most want to look like women, and I don`t. I just like to wear clothes that were designed for women in the past, but mostly been abandoned by them. Most women wear trousers now rather than skirts, and bare legs and not nylons. It is up to us keep the old traditions alive. (With pleasure, I might say).

As to starting a special forum for miads it may not work as we are usually not very verbiose and may not generate enough posts to warrant it.

Are you the person who went to Europe recently or am I mistaking you for another.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Aspiring Member
    I consider myself to be a MIAD quite simply because it's what I look like. I don't have a wig. I don't have make up. I have forms which I like to wear as they satiflsfy my female side. I don't go out. However, I don't consider myself to be fully male. When I'm out in a pub and I see a group of men carrying on in that distinctive way that men do, I can join in, but I don't feel fully part of it. When I see a group of girls in the same pub, I feel I could join them, but could never be one of them. In effect I feel I have bits of both. There is maleness there, there is femaleness there. Given a choice I would choose to wear women's clothes as they are infinitely better. I suppose I fall into what some cultures have as a third gender, for example in Samoan terms a "fa'afafine". I suppose for me, the ideal would be public acceptance of me as I wish to be, not fully boy, not fully girl, but something in the middle. What a shame western culture only really has two gender indentities. As for everyone else, be whatever you want to be and if you crossdress to whatever extent then you're a friend, a sister and or a brother to me, the what exactly is up to you.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I'm me ,doing me.

MIAD.
    But I have a great love for soft fabrics and feminine mannerisms that I try very hard to incorporate in my everyday life. I have always done that with no desire to trans.

Salerno. I live about 6 months a year in Germany near Stuttgart and the other in the Dallas, TX area. Been doing this back and forth thing for 7 years now. To many, I have the seasons mixed. I spend the cold winter months in Germany and the hot summers in Texas. But I enjoy the heat and sun that Texas offers during the summer. This last summer was my first wearing a skirt full time. I’m now going into my second winter trying to keep my legs warm 😏

I'm content as a Guy in a Skirt when I have the opportunity to go out in public (away from home or on a hike) and if I'm puttering around the house and just the wife is at home. At the same time I like to get all dressed up in private, breast forms and all. Skirting as a man is a matter of being comfortable, it's the tactile side of crossdressing, dressing up to look pretty and feminine is matter of mental satisfaction. When I'm out as a man in a skirt I want to look masculine. When I'm at home fully dressed I want to look feminine.

When I was in my early teens I had a female cousin who knew of my dressing and kept my secret. She had amazing makeup skills and with my aunt's wig I could easily pass as any teen girl from 1970. We had a blast going out shopping at the mall, attending movies and having lunch. I was living a fantasy and fooling the world. GREAT memories.

Once full puberty hit I became a MIAD and lost all desire to even try to be passable. I have not worn make up or a stuffed bra in over 40 years. But I still enjoy all the sensations of lingerie, nylons, heels and a skirt.