Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too feminine

Too feminine

Sometimes I find myself looking at certain women's clothing , and think that is just too feminine for me , then I think it is supposed to be , because it is made for a woman , and that is the reason I am looking at it and considering it on me and that is ok .
    Do any others have this thought on occasions .?

Hi Terri,

Initially yes, as my brain would come to grips as to the resultant vision I was seeing in the mirror. Over time though, that feeling subsided somewhat and now instead of that, it hads become more of an age appropriate thoughts

I don't think I have that problem. I purposely will choose the most feminine piece of clothing in a line of similar clothes. My wife has regular panties without lace or bows, but I want the ones with lace and bows haha

Yeah, I still get that from time-to-time. I think I feel I don't have a membership card to the girl's club and feel I'm pushing a limit. If it's important to you, over time the self-imposed restriction will relax.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I don't feel that something may be too feminine for me to wear. To me it is more important, that something fits well and looks good on me.
    I would love an off the shoulder cocktail dress or gown, low cut back and figure hugging. But there is no way I can pull it off and besides I really have nowhere to wear it.

I always like feminine, but it may be too sexual, too age inappropriate, etc. I don't go out in public too often, so too feminine is not an issue.
    Hugs, Ellen

A bit. Mostly first it's do I like it, then how will it look and fit on me.

I struggle with feminine fashion as to me it is 98% not worth a look!

With us all having our separate tastes & styles I'm sure to look at different styles and think that they were not for me.
    But then I'm the chick who'd prefer to be in a floral skirt and flip flops, and not black lace!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a very pretty and confident woman which doesn't go for things such as chiffon, taffeta or lace!

Our personal taste is our own!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

There's this one wig I own that I love but seldom wear because it's too intensely feminine. I think of myself more as a country girl.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I don't think anything is 'too feminine', but I do look at what women wear all the time, some items I would consider for myself, others I wouldn't. It all comes down to personal choice.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    The only time I worry about anything looking too girlie is when I am buying for stealth mode.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    That's what draws me to many styles is that they are feminine, I love feminine styles especially tops and even cute tee shirts

Platinum Member
    At my age it's "age appropriate" clothing for time and place. I have never owned or wore anything that is not a dress when it comes to women's clothing. Maybe that can be attributed to being raised in the 1950's and 1960's when women I knew only wore dresses. Pants were frowned upon. I always described it as the "June Cleaver" look. It's always a pretty dress with proper undergarments to include a slip, bra, panty and hosiery. For me women's jeans and slacks are too masculine.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I tend to love girly things. Whether they love or suit me is another question.

I love short skirts but not 21 any more. Wish I had been more able to accept liking women's clothes then, but happy ☺where I am now.

Too, feminine? I agree with others-too sexy, not age appropriate! Too feminine-like my lilac dress with lace sleeves and bodice! Plain Jane most of the time but like some lace! I also have some jeans with embroidery! I like feminine just not over the top! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I have an aversion to thong wear, will never own them. I no longer buy mini skirts or super short dresses. A few inches above the knee are as high as i go now.

I love all kinds of female fashions, but that doesn't mean I have the figure to pull off wearing them.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Actually age appropriate clothes are pretty good. Take a look from the 20's, 30' forty''s, fifty and sixty clothes for women. I would say the sixty clothes are fabulous and look the best of all the girls.. except the young ones.
    Part Time Girl

Your Female Style

I wear female apparel that matches up with my female psychology. I think we all instinctively know what we like in clothing. I buy things that match my personality. I buy and wear clothing that match who I am NOT who I want to be. Hope that makes sense

I suppose there is quite a range in what people view as feminine. I dress mostly at home and have some very frilly lace feminine things and some basic skirts and tops. I enjoy the options and dress according to how I am feeling that day. Have fun!

Banned Read only
    Terri,
    Yes some clothes do appear more feminine, and there are second thoughts of should I or shouldn't I ? Women have the same problem ,how often have you heard that they wouldn't be seen dead in certain outfits.

I do have to smile sometimes when I show pictures of clothes I've worn out and GGs have replied you have more confidence than me for going out wearing that outfit.

It all depends on you wanting to be the centre of attention or just to blend in I find I pitch my look between the two .I guess dressing in drab for so long makes me want to be a little OTT.

Gold Member
    Not all clothes are made to fit everyone's taste. Each like what they like.
    For myself, I like longer skirts/dresses. If I where a teen-age again, I might go for the
    real short stuff, so I am glad they make some of each.
    You wear what ever you are comfortable wearing.
    Rader

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I really don't give it much thought I buy what I like.
    I have a couple of skirts with lace at the hem some lace tops but some might call the too feminine for the regular me LOL.
    Plus They are all a few sizes to small ATM.
    I'm a simple dresser or a more casual dresser and all the super femme stuff looks awful on me.
    Its cute/ pretty and I love it but not on me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Terri, That's what this program is all about, Looking very feminine......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!