Thread: In a funk. Have I made a difference?

In a funk. Have I made a difference?

Hi Ladies:
    I haven't dressed in over a year, I'm in a major funk. Depressed. Wanting to return.

Four years ago I posted a YouTube video on how to make hip pads. It currently has 480,000 views. I'd like to think that I've made a difference, that the quality of crossdressing videos improved since then, as people got better at making hip pads. I don't know. I'm a major funk. I want to return. I want to be Dana again.
    Dana
    Last edited by danam; 08-15-2017 at 06:12 AM.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Seems like you are Dana again!

I hope that you can get your Dana back!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

You will be heartily welcomed back, and thrilled with yourself I hope.

Silver Member
    Dana,

Is there something holding you back? Maybe your not ready, or maybe your really done (yes, yes, no one gets out alive).

Let the dressing takes its course. What can be done about the depression. That's the bigger concern.

I would like to know why. Is it something you are trying to avoid, no desire, or just no time/opportunity. I'm out, if I don't get dressed up and go out, every few days. I get bitchie and a little depressed.

OK, be Dana again! Either that or we need more info to help you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Honey, you are Dana. Just hold on to that in your heart.
    Love Kristy

Where have you been? Welcome back. And yes your avatar is so nice. You look terrific!

I am sure you have made a difference, love your work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I noticed you had not posted for almost a year, and, you now have not dressed for a year. I'd say, if there is a strong desire or need to dress and cannot for some valid reason that is different than losing all motivation to dress. Sometimes life's experiences put me way back in the closet. My wife has been home/off work for over a year. I've been the supportive husband during that time which sort of stuck Stephanie in the closet. When my wife recently stayed overnight with our daughter to help with a new grandchild I did have the opportunity to be en femme, and, Stephanie did return. I think if you're doing a self imposed exile of danam without a real valid reason that will lead to a lot of angst, anxiety...total funk. Looking forward to more postings from you.

Banned Spammer
    I have seen your video's are you doing any more? Question for you..... breasts is that a plate or real? You can message me with answer if you like. Also with your Hip Pads I know there is some foam that are different grades. Did you get soft density or med or firm?

danam, We live in extremely troubling times, and its getting worse everyday. I have lost some of my desire to go out dressed, as in my gut, i feel that things are coming apart, and it is less safe for me. It is ok, to dress, and ok, to not dress.

What is stopping you dressing? you need to give us more information so that we can help you.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Bring it on Dana.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Evidently, don't realize how lucky u r, Danam! If I could forget entirely about dressing for just 3 months?

I'd clean my house, garages, and start my old classic cars up again. Clear the mountain of paperwork out of my in box and file the other mountain piled on top of the filing cabinets. And, maybe catch up with old friends that think I've become a hermit!:heehee
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thank you everyone for your kind words

My home life has been crazy busy with all sorts of domestic issues, the kind that suck the life energy out of you. On top of that, my household has gotten so full that I have essentially no privacy, so I can't dress. Like, ever.

My date with Jim was the last time I dressed properly. I think it's been two years now!!! Holy crap! That date was truly a remarkable experience, and I learned a lot about myself--some good, some....okay. Sitting in the hotel bar, all dressed up after an amazing makeover, smiling and listening to a man trying to impress me--wow, that was one of the most erotic experiences of my life and I treasure that memory.

Recently a spark inside myself has rekindled. Perhaps because I see a light at the end of the tunnel, that the crises of the last two years might finally be simmering down.

I guess "depressed" is too strong a word. I've just been living in a bubble for two years, and I'm ready to pop that bubble and get out again.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Quote Originally Posted by danam View Post
    I'd like to think that I've made a difference
    Everyone likes to think that they are important, or, that there's some great purpose to their existence. Mostly, well, no. There isn't. The best we can do, is to do the best we can do. And hope it helps others who need it. The satisfaction of doing something helpful is pretty much all we can expect. So, that said, do what you like to do. Life is too short, always trying to find a way to prop ourselves up to feel important somehow; all that is, is being egotistical. Or, as one woman referred to it as (when complaining about her husband), egotesticle.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'd love to go to a CD/TG conference as Dana and lead a workshop on making hip pads. It's one of my fantasies. I'd buy a new skirt suit and everything.