Thread: So? how are you perceived!

So? how are you perceived!

I've been in a few situations in my life where I have been surrounded by people with which I would normally associate, (Hit Now).

I've been in court more times than I can count, military prison, psychiatric wards and rehab facilities "my attitude!"

So, I find that I am perceived differently whilst in rehab or other facilities, as I, just as others are there because they do not fit in to society.

I find it very interesting in a loving way that the really messed up people are the ones which see me through the make up and nail polish!

So, how do you think you are seen? (I'm seen as a nut job)

Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

im much like you in that im far from the average person. where we differ is in the fact that ive long since stopped caring how others view me, not to say i outright ignore any incoming input from others, just as far as im not very concerned, im too busy being me but i do feel as though noone in my life can see the real me so i can relate to what youre saying, just differently

It always depends on who is doing the perceiving! Those who like me see a caring person who is an extrovert in the highest sense, is practical, gives advice when not asked but probably needed, talks to complete strangers who sometimes become part of our active group of friends, in short they like me for me. On the other hand there are those that probably think (I can't say know because I cannot read their minds, am not a fly on their shoulder listening to their conversations, nor have some friendly spies who will tell me) that I am too extroverted for them, talk too much, butt into their lives unnecessarily, talk to way too many strangers and in the end do not really care for me as me.

PS: So, I say be oneself and for those that stick by you, nourish them and those that don't, enjoy them when and if you can.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 07-16-2017 at 12:37 AM.

I am perceived as a loving father, brother in law, man, nurse, and person! Those who I am out to probably (as I am not in their head!) a little strange! There are those who think I am crazy and sometimes too abrupt and opinionated! Sorry, but I am just me! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I don't care how others see me I am me and that's all there is to it
    hugs
    Ronda

I'm a straight male in a predominantly female workplace. I know that behind my back, some people question my sexuality, and because I'm divorced and not in a long term relationship with any females, that increases their suspicion that I am secretly gay. I've overheard some say that I'm simply in denial, that I should face the fact that I'm gay, come 'out', and that I would feel much better once I do. I knew this would be a problem before I took my job, but I was married at the time, and didn't think I'd ever have to worry about whether I'd be perceived to be gay (or TG, or TS) or not. As I have no wish to perpetuate the stereotype that all males in predominantly female professions are gay, this is one reason why I do not come out as a crossdresser: To do so, would simply give more fuel to the assumption that most of the public has about us, because despite all the recent exposure that sexuality and gender roles have gotten, the vast majority of the public assumes that we are all gay. I understand why they feel that way, and I do not think that most of the people who believe this are smart enough to think it through well enough to understand all the differences there are in sexuality and gender. Most of the world simply wants a black OR white answer; with no 'sometimes' this, or 'occasionally' that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Stacy,
    Yes, I was outted years ago so I have to deal with people sometimes that like to crack jokes and I try to deal with them the best that I can, not easy though. So I do understand.
    Brandy
    Brandy Mathews

I am retired and a stable person and my ex wife outed me to all my old friends and even my sis. I don't care what they think and I am with a new GF that has some mental issues like you. But she is pretty good sometimes.. But a lot of people know about me. I say so what. It is my life and i will live it as I want to. I am what I am.
    Part Time Girl

Good for you but I have to say....I would think that it would be a little easier to take if a person was retired and did not have to deal with people at work. It is not easy sometimes especially with certain jobs.
    Brandy
    Brandy Mathews

I hope that I am perceived as a good person, parent and friend no matter what I am wearing. I've only had one person (a GG coworker) who insisted that I must be gay if I dressed as a woman. I just told her that if that's the case then I'm a lesbian.

Like Dana, my Ex outed me but while we were still married and only to a couple of her closest girlfriends. I believe in hindsight it was because she was tired of being afraid one of them might drop in unexpectedly and wanted them to feel free to visit anytime. Their acceptance was amazing and after the new wore off, they just treated me like one of the girls when visiting. There was on occasion, some slight teasing but just fun stuff and nothing malicious at all. If we were socializing as couples, it was rarely mentioned and I don't think either of them ever told their husbands. The perception, I believe, was that I was just me, no more, no less, because I enjoyed my feminine side.

I think my brother suspects i am gay, or effeminite, since i was young. He told me once he thought i would be homosexual. I am not . I yearn for a loving, pretty woman for 63 years, still waiting. However, when i am totally dolled up, i fantasize some about being the "lady with a gentleman," have met four admirers over the years, but let them know my boundries. When out in public, the few times i am, i am sure i am read most of the time, being nearly six foot eight in 2 inch heels, huge feet, huge hands, Adam's apple, brow big, voice, etc. But from a distance, i may pass some.