Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I may have outed myself..Absolutely mortified!

Just a couple of thoughts, and I'm not judging or being confrontational, just observations.

1 - Unless your friend is a total techno-boob, he will know that the first message was NOT part of a group text. My phone gives a different sound for group messages, and lists the numbers.

2 - You panicked, tried to cover, and involved 2 other friends in your cover-up, and decided to mislead your guy friend. In hindsight, you probably should NOT have involved others, but I can relate to the CYA aspect. Not only is it kind of unfair to them, it also INCREASES the odds of the deception being uncovered. Remember the old adage: "3 men can keep a secret....if 2 of them are dead"

3 - You went into 'stealth mode' with your guy friend, and didn't follow up on the project he wanted to talk to you about instead of calling and asking what's going on with that. Silence, on your part may give him time to put 2 and 2 together. Just as you are imagining HIS silence to mean the worst possible outcome - He KNOWS!!!!!

At this point, you are forced to play the cards YOU dealt. You have three choices: Continue the charade; come clean; or ignore it.

As George Clooney said to Quentin Tarantino in 'Dusk til Dawn': It isn't a big deal unless you make it a big deal.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    I heard if people saying it was Photoshop CS

It can do some amazing things.

Most people are very caught up in their own lives and their own issues, I reckon the less you worry about it and the more you communicate with him as usual the less likely he will ever give it any attention. If he asks if that was you simply laugh it off and make a joke about it something along the lines of I am actually a woman I have been pretending to be a guy for years and change the subject.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Well, the "cat is out of the bag", there is NOTHING that u can do at the moment so try to relax and go about your daily routine. BTW, YOU LOOK VERY VERY GOOD TO ME and I would NEVER suspect that you weren't anything other then a woman.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole11 View Post
    . This is something that happens to all of us from time to time. ...
    Nope, not all of us. If you don't ever put photos of yourself dressed as a woman on your phone, you can't accidentally send them to anyone.

If you are trying to hide something like crossdressing from the world, you have to think carefully about what you are doing and what you might do wrong.

As for the OP, I would hope that your presentation as a woman is good enough that you don't look like your male self. You will need an explanation of why you had that photo on your phone. A friend, perhaps? A relative?

Act naturally until he asks.

BTW: Tracii usually tells it like it is. Some folks are not willing to accept reality.
    Last edited by Krisi; 07-17-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Gold Member
    My first thought was that unless the background is something your friend would recognize like around your house, it will be easier to fib and say it was some friend and you were trying to forward the pic to someone else...

If you decide to come out, there might be some awkwardness at first but more often than not, if we have a good relationship with whoever we come out to, they are not really going to care either way.
    But yeah, the main thing is try not to act like it is a big deal, even though it could be difficult to be like, ""yeah, I like to dress pretty on weekends..." with the same non-chalantness as someone mentioning a stereo hobby or something that no one cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    You should have acted like it was nothing and called him about the project.
    This is a case of if YOU don't make a big deal out of it it won't be a big deal to your friend.
    There is still time to call and act like nothing happened. It is probably better that fanngurl waited a day or two because that gives the nerves a "cooling off" period. It is hard to think on our toes when something bad and unsuspected happens.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

That is scary! i can relate a bit, as i accidentally uploaded photos of me dressed onto my male Facebook account as the profile pic. I was mortified, as you said!! I finally replaced, and said it was my sister!!! One was on there all night! i think some people must have read me. i am very careful now. but another time, accidentally sent the wrong PM, to the wrong person!! It was very personal about me as Alice. mortified again. Did not know what to do, so Unfriended the person!! I think you may have barely dodged a big bullet, with your text question under it!! Some of us CD's are fairly conservative, too. Hey! C.Jenner is one!! I never take photos of Alice on my cell phone.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 07-17-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Banned Read only
    Frann,
    Just to repeat a story recently , I came out to some very old friends and showed them some pictures, the husband said , " Does your wife know you're seeing another woman ?" I had to spell it out to them it was me in the pictures. If people don't expect it they will hardly ever put 2 and 2 together.

A slightly older story is about being out to many in my painting group but not all, the tutor does know about my dressing so I Email him with details of my recent social meetings accompanied by a picture of my outfit . I use his art group address and on one occasion I couldn't remember if I clicked sending solely to him or I clicked send to all, which would have gone to the whole group along with some very funny text ! I have to admit it didn't bother me as I asked at one point if I could attend the group dressed at one time anyway.

Krisi,
    I'm past trying to hide it from the World, others may wish me to do so , well that's becoming their problem. I'm not ashamed to be dressed as a woman whether I pass or not , it's part of me . The World does not end, people do not reject you in droves , I have more friends now through being open and honest , I admit it's an something I didn't expect to happen but when they see how happy it makes me they are more than happy themselves to go along with it .

You're obviously still not comfortable with it which is a shame .
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-17-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Oh yeah. You bet your friend has figured it out, and keeping quiet.
    This is toothpaste out of the tube.

That's the problem with photos on phones and the web. It only takes one mistake. I know.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.