Thread: Blue Fog

Blue Fog

I have read many many threads and posts that talk about the Pink Fog and whilst I understand what people mean by it I could never really relate to it exactly. The last few weeks I have been in a bit 'out of Becky' phase and then last night it dawned on me I have been going through a bit of Blue Fog... which suppressed my normal feelings for a while.

I am happy to say that the wind has picked up around hear and it seems to be dispersing my Blue Fog and things are getting back to normal.

Have others experienced Blue Fog?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I experienced the blue fog today at the gym,when someone wanted to flex and give me hard looks. I miss the pink fog,it's a lot more better.

Becky; Blue?

I'm Pretty much fogged up 24/7. I have most likely experienced the Pink fog thingy but not the Blue.
    Hope that cold front blows the Blue away!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I've been through large patches of blue fog and it tends to coincide with my depression levels. There have been times where I haven't even put a pair of panties on for months and during these times I tend to be lazier, duller, less focused, and these are times I've also purged my clothing and make-up. This hasn't happened in a while and I get way more pink fogs than blue fogs but I do understand that feeling.

Banned Read only
    Becky my mind is on dressing in women's close 24/7, when the pink fog hits I have to dress and go out. Society again, if that wasn't a problem then we/I could do away with all the fogs and dress every day just like we like.

It hasn't happened in a while. I'm out and have been living as Jean. What that means is I have accepted that I'm transgender, so I tend now not to have huge mood swings. That's not to say that I don't still question this path, I just don't go nuts about it.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    No blue fog for me. Can't think of a time when I have not wanted to dress.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I've never experienced blue fog. They have been the society excepted clothing and behavior pushed onto me since birth. I get pink fog because I enjoy being feminine and bringing out my inner girl.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    For me, those times are best described as merely a lack of Pink Fog.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Becky, I know exactly what you are talking about. I have that rather often, but it is uncomfortable in most ways. Until I had to face the reality and stop denying the non-binary identity I have, blue fog wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as it is today. That was accepted as the normal me, but it wasn't really. I suspect that is because it wasn't fog at all but a blue smoke screen to hide and deny the feminine in me. The pink fog really is a nice, cool, moist fog turned pink by the glorious time of day just as the sun is about to rise. The flowers are covered with dew, the birds are singing like crazy, and the world is eagerly preparing for a new day. The "blue fog" is more like what comes from the smoldering embers of a forest fire that isn't quite out. Makes it hard to breathe and your eyes water and it smells of death and destruction. It is a part of the process of life and living, but is not the preferred state of being. No fog at all is my preference, but if there must be fog, please let it be pink and sweet as cotton candy.

I can relate to blue fog. Sometimes, the guy side really rebels against the pink, and does not dress, for a while. As a boy, my heroes were john Wayne, Superman, Batman, sports stars, and other male heroes, and sometimes that part of me resurfaces.

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    Blue fog must be another way of expressing the ebb and flow you often talk about.

One question, are you comfortable with blue fog at times ? Or do you yearn again for the wind to change and the pink mist to roll in ?

No blue fog for me as you know it's 24/7 , a constant need or yearning , I don't see it as pink fog it's more to be comfortable in femme mode to satisfy the inner need .

Interesting question Teresa. Firstly my point is I don't have Pink Fog... I call those feelings my normal self just like you do. But I then have times of Blue Fog. My Blue Fog lasts a few weeks these days but in 2010 I had it for over 3 years..

I am comfortable with periods of Blue Fog because I know that Becky will be back properly soon. However that being said I much much prefer being in Pink mode than Blue.. I know I am a better happier more balanced person. Also my Blue Fog these days is not all encompassing perhaps its Baby Blue Fog. In 2010 I think I got saddled with a huge dark Blue cloud that I could not escape from for ages.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

A day does not pass by without me waking up thinking about what feminine clothes i will wear that day. They only time I seem to have a blue fog is when I see a mans shirt that I want to purchase. Thankfully that seldom happens.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

If by blue fog you mean lacking the desire to dress, I have it from time to time. The blue fog is strongly correlated with the depression I have.

It doesn't exactly feel like blue fog for me, more like a warm open blue sky- it happens when I cross over and lose the pink fog, by slipping into feeling I actually am a woman in our world, and the everyday reality of women is just as confining as that for men. You do things a certain way, you are aware of many constraints, the range of things to do is completely different, etc. When this happens I feel a sort of desperate need to save myself, and I climb out into the blue sky, and toss aside the dresses for a bit.
    We are all beautiful...!

Interesting how we all see similar things from out own unique perspectives. Some of us are relived that the pink fog lifts so we can get back to 'normal' lives. Others see the pink fog as 'normal' and miss it when its not there.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec