Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who gets a thrill out of outing themselves with sales assistants?

Who gets a thrill out of outing themselves with sales assistants?

Anytime I am challenged or teased by girl sales assistants, I almost squirm with pleasure. Sometimes they will joke about items of clothing, particularly if they are obviously in my size. Does anyone else enjoy this ? Any good stories ?

I certainly enjoy it. No problem letting an SA know an item is for me. I'll do the same at makeup counters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Guilty! Don't understand it, but sure is true.
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

Well that is an interesting question for me!
    I'm 50/50 mostly, and most are usually put on the back foot when they deal with me!

But there may be a thrill for me! That smirk on my face as we do the business?
    I Don't get wet though!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I wouldn't say I get a thrill but I do enjoy it and certainly don't try to hide it.

I've done that several times. Thinking about my reply, it occurred to me that it was always with SA's at wig shops. Yes, it's somewhat of a thrill.
    My story: in boy mode I went to a mall wig shop. I outed myself to the SA when she asked who the wig was for. I said I had some photos if she wanted to see, and to see what style of wig I liked, and she was very interested. I bought a wig and asked if I could come back en femme just before closing, and she said yes and added that her sister (the manager) would be there, too. I did, wearing the new wig, and in my preferred full OTT femme mode. It was fun and thrilling. They were complimentary, which added to the thrill.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    For me, u could have titled your thread, "Who enjoys drama, hassles, embarrassment, and likes to waste time when out shopping?"

When I'm out shopping for Sherry, I don't like distractions or have time to waste, Caitlyn. But, I know a few T's that enjoy pushing folk's buttons. I say, if u enjoy it, go for it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've only ever shopped in drab, so far....but I do enjoy the look an an SAs face when I take a dress to the cash point (though in fairness the majority are totally un-bothered.)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Aspiring Member
    A cheap thrill. Just got back from shopping, did that exact thing.
    Sara

I'm guilty too. On the plus side, in some shops, I'm hesitant to use the dressing rooms, outing myself to the SA sometimes sparks an invitation to use them. It seems to me that older ladies are more accepting, more likely to be helpful and/or offer an opportunity to try something on.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I have tended to only share that information when I have to like at a wig shop or makeup counter. Most of my shopping for clothing is done at Thrift stores (probably why I have more clothes than I can get around to wearing), and they don't have the staff to offer assistance and usually don't care what you buy. If they make a comment about a skirt I'm buying I will let them know I have the legs for it, but I believe they think it's just a joke.

It makes me wonder if I should do this a little more, if for no other reason to expand the general awareness of Transgender folk in as positive way as possible. We can be ambassadors with a sense of humor, style, playfulness and honesty. I can't think of a better combination of characteristics to share with others.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I wouldn't call it a "thrill" as such anymore...I've gotten to be far too comfortable in my skin these days in accepting my transgenderism to be worrying about what an SA or a cashier might think when I am buying female clothing for myself - whether I'm en femme or in drab.

I shop as I please, browse the racks shoulder-to-shoulder alongside the GG's...they don't bother me and I don't bother them. If an SA were to approach me to ask if she can help me find something, I either accept or decline the offer as the occasion warrants it. I don't go out of my way to say that the items are for me when in drab, but I usually don't deny it either if asked directly.

I see no upside in putting SA's or cashiers into a potentially awkward position just to solicit a reaction from them and in order to get my "jollies". On the other hand, if they open the door to that particular discussion, I would have no problem walking through it to see where it takes me.

Remember, folks, this is 2017, and not 1955. Not only is it totally O.K. to be transgender these days, it is almost fashionable and the "in" thing considering the way that the media and on-line world have become fascinated with our community in recent years. It seems as if they are constantly coming up with stories about us and our respective journeys towards self-actualization, most of which are supportive and sympathetic towards us.

Silver Member
    Not me. When I shop, i assume I'm not fooling anyone, and I don't try to. Most often, I'm in a skirt, and if there's something I like, I'll ask for a fitting room. No ambiguities. Most places I go, they already know me because I'm a size 20 and there's not all that many places I can shop. It's no different if I'm drab.

Leslie, your a girl after my own heart. I like your comment that it's not 1955. I'm guessing it hasn't been for quite a while.
    Last edited by suzanne; 07-17-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Banned Read only
    I do enjoy it, and even seak out younger female cashiers just to see their faces and hope for a comment. It's not like I say stuff like "You know that bra is for me, right?", just to make sure they know. But I am usually ready with a nice "thank you" reply to any "You are going to look cute in your new bra " type comment.

But in reality, 9.999999 times out of 10 nothing is said.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-17-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I may have been excited the first few times it happened but now its just a friendly chat.

I try not to deny it but even still I am only about 50% I find I do better just coming out when asking for what I can't find. Generally it is well accepted. I have always been to nervous to enjoy it, at least so far. It would be so fun to relax and enjoy it and chat; someday...

Interesting, I would NEVER have guessed people got a kick out of being outed by a cashier? Im in the opposite end of this ship for sure. Just sell me my clothing and let me be on my way, None of your business who they are for or why I am buying them. Would be the same thing If I were buying guys clothing as well. I hate talking with cashiers about what im buying. Nor do I want to sign up for rewards cards, OR your credit card, Or give my email....... lol. Just sell me my items and I can be on my way. Thank you. Maybe I hate dealing with people that I don't know a tad?

I can see where the OP is coming from but it's not something I set out to do when shopping. However, I see it as a way to share this with someone without the repercussions that we would get from telling people we know. And there is a cathartic release from sharing with someone. So it can evoke a thrill similar to actually dressing in public.

I only share it when the SA asks. If I want to try something on I usually just take the items to the dressing room without too much notice. But if the SA knows I'm trying on female garb it's not a big deal in most cases.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I don't have a problem with the sales girls anymore, usually I go to the same stores to purchase my clothes and in the past I would just buy the clothes and take them home to try on and if I didn't like them I would bring them back. Lately I have been actually trying them on in the store fitting rooms ( I go in dressed as a male, try on the clothes get redressed in my male clothes and then go to the registers with my purchases) recently I started going to the stores early in the morning on weekdays ( I work overnight shift so I stop on the way home) when the stores are virtually empty and try on a few things and have gotten comfortable enough that I leave the fitting room and ask the salesgirl how a dress or blouse or something looks on me and have never gotten a bad answer or ridiculed. I like to get their opinions because usually they are better judges than I am of what looks good and it an item fits the way it is designed to fit. I have found out that a lot of the stores are doing poorly due to the economy and just want the sale so they don't really care who is trying on the clothes. I did it this way for a few months. and then last week I finally go the courage to actually get dressed and go shopping during the day when the store was packed with customers. I again asked for a fitting room and tried on a few things (this time I didn't ask their opinions only because the store had other customers and they were busy helping them too.) I have actually become pretty good friends with a couple of the sales girls to the point I am contemplating asking one of them (whom I am really attracted to) if she would like to out to dinner with me one night.
    I just recently posted in another thread about this experience and a wonderful time I had meeting the shop owner of a shoe store that I like to visit.
    Last edited by Stephanie Nicole; 07-17-2017 at 09:29 PM. Reason: add more information

I don't do it for a thrill. I do let them know that it's for me so that they may do their job and assist me in my purchases.

What I enjoy most in a good SA encounter is when they open their arms to you completely. Throw open the doors.
    I don't pass, so it's obvious to the SA's who and what they have on their hands. Never had a bad or snarky/snotty experience. But what absolutely tickles me is when they literally invite me into the fitting room to try on something. The best was a lingerie/bra store where the SA (Jen was her name) took me by the hand and led me to the fitting rooms. Asked me if I wanted to try it on. I felt honored... about the only way to explain it. And of course I did.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I don't have any experience while in girl mode and while out, I avoid ppl and interaction with ppl at all cost, like they are plague. But I did shop for my girl's stuff in guy mode and I never find any SA asking me about what I am buying or having doubts and its their job not to care. Only once I have negative experience with male SA in shopping mall. I had bunch of things like eyeshadows and fake lashes and foundation 'hidden' in my groceries and he give me weird look with each item he grabed but did not say stuff. But I did went ovet it, I did not give poop about it but it definetly lower my confidence a little bit.
    Idea of shopping in girl mode is thrilling and scary at same time for me. Out myself to SA frightens me. Um, what I am saying, out myself in general frightens me !!
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Banned Read only
    Caitlyn,
    You don't say if you're shopping in drab or dressed.

I enjoy the interaction with SAs , even though I shop in drab at the moment I often show a picture or two so they understand what I look like ,often when I've bought something they insist I take them some pictures to show them the outfit. This doesn't apply just to young ones, I have a lovely elderly lady in a charity shop who really enjoys my visits . The problem is they come and go, my friends in a bridal shop have closed down and gone and the costume shop has downsized and some SAs have moved on .

I don't know that I have been thrilled to tell the SA but I was thrilled by the shopping experience. Being treated well and being able to try on a dress ad to buy something that fit. I have also purchased lots and lots of lingerie where the conversation with the SA has been quite pleasant and I am sure she very much suspected I was buying for myself but it was never directly asked or stated. However, i would not have denied that I was shopping for myself.

I don't exactly get a thrill. Maybe some satisfaction in being accepting of myself. I tend to buy dresses online so no issues there. Wigs and makeup I go into the store. All the SAs have been pretty cool.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".