Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking like a female

Silver Member

Walking like a female

I spent some time in Las Vegas, and had ample opportunities to watch females walk. Virtually all did NOT walk heel to toe! Their strides were with feet apart, just like guys would, but in a more feminine manner. This really surprised me, based on what I've read on this site! Even most in heels walked this way!

This tells me that too much emphasis has been placed on our girl-types needing to walk heel to toe, even in heels! My girl walk is going to be more comfortable, now, with my shorter stride.

Anyone else notice as I did?

Walking to me is a staple, Having to walk in Debutants Balls and on Parade grounds in Male mode has given me the knowledge of being capable of clicking my heels past each other as I step. One benefit of being a male!
    I practice my stride whenever.
    Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    Not many GGs are catwalk models, most don't sashay about like supermodels.

The main point is they turn their hands uppermost and tuck their elbows in, you will find that induces some sway in the hips.

Many these days do have larger than normal upper legs which will make them walk splay footed , it also forces them to wear flat shoes.

Most guys have fairly shapely legs , which don't look bad when shaved and wearing stockings and heels, all they have to do is take smaller steps and we can usually get away with a reasonable walk.

The point is don't overdo it otherwise you will come over as camp , most CDers aren't like that , it's the media that has presented people with that impression .

I will add that our walk is affected by the comfort of our shoes, either if they are too tight or too loose, I'm not sure which is worse but being too big is easier to remedy.
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-17-2017 at 02:24 PM.

From my observations, I would agree. It's all in the hip movements, smaller steps and a lot of practice. My wife has been a great help.

Not meaning to offend, but CDs walk like women in the same way that they dress like women. That is to say, they're performing against some internalized model of what an ideal woman would do (probably based in the 1950's.)

If you plan to be out and about en femme I would say test any advice from CDs by watching actual women out doing actual living and see if they do what you're being told they do. At various times I've read that women cross their ankles when they walk (they don't,) they lift the backs of their hands when they walk (they don't,) they tuck their elbows (they don't really -- they just don't throw their elbows around like guys do.) For the most part, a good first approximation of an actual woman's walk is to walk naturally with good posture and relaxed lower back.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    Walking heal to toe is not how a GG walks, it is a way for a GM to walk when trying to emulate the hip movements a GG makes naturally when she walks.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 07-17-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    The biggest difference I've noticed is the way they sway their arms, more dramatic than guys.
    I usually try to do the same and yes I do notice some have their hands on the up position, I think a lot do this by habit
    because they carry their purse across their arm with hand up. I find I do it that way too even if I have a shoulder purse

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    Hey,

This could be useful: Biomotion Lab Walker

In fact, I'm sure I first saw it from a link on this site. Apols to the admins if it's a double-post!

As the illustrations show, as with everything, there's a sliding scale.

For me, I steer more towards the glamorous (not quite) drag end of the spectrum when dressed, so try to accentuate that hip swing and out-turned arms as much as possible. Knowing full well that I'm not gonna, nor want to, pass.

Jemima
    x

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I noticed the same. But when in heels it's fun to walk heel to toe,o don't dress often so I like walking like a runway model.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The bio motion lab walker is just the programmers opinion and by watching actual women walking it bears little similarity to actual women.
    When guys/CD's try to walk like women its just not a natural movement and you can tell.
    Just walk in smaller steps and try not to walk like a monkey.

Watch the ladies walk! I have observed all kinds of variation in the way women walk! Some even walk like men! They do not cross over their center line when they walk! I have seen them walk with steps that bring the feet from 3-6 inches apart but not cross the center line! Lucille Sorella(probably spelled wrong) has some instructions on walking like a female and one is that high heels tend to make us walk like a woman! She also has some exercises that are supposed to help! Get out there and observe! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I have to say I walk very naturally in 4 to 5" heels, it's not an effort at all, I'm a manly man but when dressed I just change, my fem cousin couldn't believe how well I moved in heels, stating that I can walk better than her, it is a dead give away when you watch some videos on YouTube, I cringe when I see some.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's been said here umpteen times that, "Women come in all shapes and sizes". By those wishing to explain their shape. So, why wouldn't they walk differently, too?

However, some of us prefer to resemble the idea fem figure more than others. And, when wearing hi heels, (4" and higher), prefer to walk more like a model than a cowboy in heels. I've learned to throw my hips when I walk dressed. But, I can't do that unless I cross one foot in front of the other. With even more exaggeration than heel to toe.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'll agree with Traci, just take smaller steps. I have a naturally large stride, so smaller steps help, especially when wearing heels.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    I don't know what it is, but men walk differently than women. Just this weekend my wife and I were watching someone at a distance and wondering if it was a man or a woman. "It" started to walk and my wife said "He walks like a man."

For the most part, women sway their hips when they walk. That's the difference most easily noticed.

Heel to toe seems natural to me. it may appear that women (or men) walk more flat footed, but the heel usually falls first by a split second. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with being female or male? I had a male friend once that walked more on his toes.

The one time I captured video of myself practicing walking like a woman in heels, I had to laugh at myself. I tried swinging one arm as I've seen women do. I walked heel to toe with arms close to my sides. I still looked rather ridiculous! I'll have to try this again sometime. And maybe I should observe more women walking.

So far my conclusion is to walk less like a man rather than trying to walk like a woman.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Not heel to toe as much as one foot in front of the other. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Not really sure how I walk but 3 ggs have told me I walk very well in heels in the last 10 days. I wore heels into my favorite store today (9west) the SA asked if my purchase was a gift and I said no they are for me. she said I'll put a gift receipt in the bag. I said no ma'am they are for me. She said ok ...paid and etc. as we were walking toward the door she says I didn't notice your shoes but they look nice on you and you walk very natural in them. I told her most people don't notice unless they know the sounds. Of heels. I do put my heel down first but I think control of how fast you let your front half down. A lot of women struggle in heels also

From a lot of observations I would say that there are many women who walk more like men are supposed to and many men who walk like women are supposed to. But a lot more women walk with smaller strides and with their hips swaying more than most men. As for arms for each woman who moves her arms more there is one who hardly moves her arms at all.. Naturally high heels effect how women walk.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

And some women don't sway their hips when they walk. Now I see that Jenny22 is referring "heel to toe" as something different than I am.
    Last edited by Ressie; 07-19-2017 at 07:41 AM.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Reality Check
    OK, some women walk more "girlie" than others and some even walk like men. I dated a woman who had a pretty manly walk.

What's important is that we are trying to pass as women and we are starting out with the disadvantage of having male bodies. Sure, we can strap on a pair of boobs and a wig but we really need every bit of help we can get. Walking like the average woman is one thing that will help us to pull it off.

Saying that some women walk like men doesn't really help us meet our goal.

In my part time job, I work in several large major chain grocery stores. I see hundreds of people every day from every walk of life. Rarely do I see a woman walking as you all describe as womanly or girly. They just walk. I se the side to side trundle, the lean against the cart stoop, the shuffle, the swagger, the stroll (with hands flipping at the wrist with each step), the waddle, the slide in heels, the gunfighter (hip forward/hip forward). One of the stores I work has an abundance of younger women who are athletic (gym rats) and they walk like a the men. They walk the way they walk because of the way they learned as children and because of anatomical build (a lot of large hipped women have bad hips or knees because of build and genetics).

Bottom line, if you think your walk is outing you, you've probably got way more tells than you think. I have to work usually in slacks and sleeved top. I see a manly build. Most people don't see "me" at all and those who do address me have (in the vast majority) called me ma'am or miss.

I think attitude and deportment outweigh your walk or your talk or your shoulders/hips.
    Said it before, will say it again. Most people have an agenda. YOU are NOT part of that agenda and unless you somehow interfere with that agenda they won't even look twice at you. You do your thing; they do theirs
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

After walking through town today in 50/50 with heeled boots I will add my bit?

There being no need for heel to toe ( but close enough ) I find that the most noticeable times are when you are stationary, entering a doorway, exiting an escalator etc. Keeping your feet well positioned then, and nicely angled .The calm movement of your body should allow the legs to follow. ( I see myself as a seductive woman as I walk) It's vain but for me it works, I practice it in male as well.

Should write a book! Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

"Heel to toe" Google search:

Why do some people walk on their heels?
    It is surprisingly energy efficient, a new study suggests. It takes 53 percent more energy for humans to walk on the balls of their feet, and 83 percent more energy to toe-walk. ... They speculate that humans may have retained this heel-first gait because of the walking benefits.

Tandem gait is a gait (method of walking or running) where the toes of the back foot touch the heel of the front foot at each step.

Being fond of my heels, I found a compromise for me. I have a knee that gives me fits sometimes, and to avoid a unnecessary pain I have practiced the plant and rotate on the ball of my foot/feet. This works with flat hard sole heels best. When I stop twist and rotate to look at something my hips seem to follow. and I feel my motion looks more feminine. I also always wear a half slip with a skirt or dress. I have purposely sewn the bottom hem of the slip a small diameter to remind me not to take huge steps. I will be more aware now to limit the heel toe movement.
    Brenda