Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Beth View Post
    The store Manager is not a nice person and creates the most hostile work environment I have ever dealt with.
    Two things:

1) In my experience, work environments have a lot to do with your own attitudes. I had a supervisor who many co-workers disliked. They thought he was hard and demanding of them. On the other hand, he and I got along just fine and he even took me to lunch a few times. The difference was, I did what he asked of me, I did it well and was skilled at my job. I often did what he was going to ask of me before he had to ask. I was a self starter. The other guys waited around to be told what to do, grumbled about it and did it slowly and often poorly.

2) Life is to short to spend working in a job or situation you don't like. If you don't like your job, look for one you like. One where you get up in the morning and look forward to going to work. If you need better skills for a better job, take classes at night or on weekends. This is something that you can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgette_USA View Post
    ...Do you honestly think the US Federal government would be good or bad from the Congress and Senate and President (and his advisors) right now...
    Not right now, of course. But it is proving less easy than they thought to wipe out all our gains; there really has been profound change. The Civil Rights movement showed that it took the federal government to achieve and codify the great progress made in the 'Fifties and 'Sixties. That's what we have built on. It doesn't mean we won't have to struggle to keep what we've won.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I would like to point out that I listed my situation because that is my situation.

This isn't about any of the politics involved or currently at hand. It's just my current situation. In spite of the double catch 22.

I also stated that I am in the process of changing the situation for the better. I just have to deal with the situation as is for the time being. Which I have to say is not very easy at the moment. That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra.

I didn't ask for any political commentary and that is for another thread or section all together please.

I fully understand the temptation. Please resist the temptation.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I really dig those boots!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".