Thread: Picked my E up Today

Question Picked my E up Today

I have been on tblockers for just over a month and today I picked up my estrogen. Now that I have them I am not sure when I am going to start taking them. Do I make it a "big" or significant day (August 1) or just do it! It is sort of like a birthday!

I have an appointment with my therapist next week but not to discuss if I should but rather more about family issues.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I started taking my e as soon as I got home from the pharmacy
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

There is no wrong time or way to do it. If it were me, I would be taking it as soon as I got home. No matter what day of the week or month it were, Its gonna be a special day either way. Congratulations!! Cant wait to join you.

I didn't wait even that long. I took my first dose as soon as I got in the car. I hope you've taken them by now! Congratulations.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Claudia D View Post
    Do I make it a "big" or significant day (August 1) or just do it!
    It already is a big, significant day -- it's the day you started E.

I waited until the morning after I picked it up but only because it was a once-a-day gel and I knew I'd be better able to keep the dose time regular if I had it when I was fixing my morning coffee.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Aspiring Member
    I know a few girls that did it right in the parking lot outside the pharmacy. I brought mine home and actually shared the moment with my youngest son.

Like most of the ladies responding here, I also started taking the estrogen on the day I received my prescription. I still recall not expecting the prescription on that given appointment with my endocrinologist. When she wrote me the prescription for spiro and estrogen I stopped at the pharmacy on my way home from work and took them right after supper as they are supposed to be taken with a meal. I still remember the date, June 14, 2016 and will never forget it. It was a tiny act, swallowing a couple of pills, but it represented a huge fundamental change in the direction of my life.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat (aka Jennie) View Post
    I waited until the morning after I picked it up but only because it was a once-a-day gel and I knew I'd be better able to keep the dose time regular if I had it when I was fixing my morning coffee.
    I actually did exactly the same for the same reason . Worked well for me. Never before I looked that much forward to take a pill (anti-adrogen only though).

Right after getting my prescription filled I walked out of the pharmacy in the medical office building, found a water fountain and took my first pill right there.

Grace has you all beat, didn't even make it out of the building. LOL

Is this a contest? lol.

Well if it is, then I'm in last place! I had the spiro tablets and estrogen vial in my home for more than a month before I took the first dose of either.

Today is the day!! Happy "E"day!

After my doctor gave me the prescription, I waited nearly two months before I had it filled. After that I waited about a week before I started taking the pills and putting on the patch.

I was worried what if my body reacted badly and I would've had to stop because then I had no idea what I would then do. I was really hoping they'd help answer my questions about myself.

That was over 4 years ago and I'm definitely much happier. Would not, could not, ever go back.

I took mine as soon as I got home. It was the longest 3 mile ride I ever had.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

congrats claudia!!! hopefully one day ill be in your position too

Congratulations, I know the feeling.take them when you are ready and don't let anybody else tell you otherwise. What a wonderful feeling it is.

I brought a bottle of water with me and took mine as soon as I got back to the car.

Doctor just upped my dose. Took the first one today! Woo Hoo!