Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing Expenses

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Never kept track but on average I would say less then a hundred a month. My biggest expense is makeup because I do try to bargain shop for clothes. I try an keep my wigs under 100 dollars

$4663 over the last 9 years, so average of $518 a year. Track in Quicken. I'm a strictly private, at home dresser. Spent more earlier on (start-up costs!), needing less now, so spending less.

Banned Read only
    Wow Amanda, if you and your wife get to both go shopping for girl's clothes at the same time and she is totally supportive of your cross dressing hobby/thrill, you are definitely in a very happy minority here!

I would have to say, based on reading thousands of posts over the last year that most girls on here are either - A) in a don't ask don't tell (DADT) relationship with their wives, B) totally in the closet and have to stay there, C) in an extremely strained relationship with their wives because of their cross dressing, D) single and not having to relate to a wife no desire to be involved one way or another, or E) divorced because of their desire to cross dress.

Very few get to dress up in femme and go out shopping or out on a date while dressed in femme, so Amanda, considered yourself very blessed to be in that lovely minority with a very accepting wife!

Now my wife and I have almost the exact same sense of style and clothing when it comes to girl's clothing. And I'm fortunate, for the most part, to be able to wear the same size as she does with the exception of shoe size. She's an 8 and 1/2 and I'm a 10 and 1/2 or 11 based on the style and brand of the footwear. As a matter of fact, I rarely take one photo without wearing something from her closet - usually a wide stretchy belt or one of her tops.

But I know my limits with her when it comes to cross dressing. She's accepting of it but doesn't want me to do it while in her presence which is just fine with me. I would love to take her out on a date with me dressed as Scarlett but I sincerely doubt that will never happen and I'm just fine with that.

Again Amanda, as mentioned in a reply to your reply to a photo post of mine, we are really glad to have you as a new member and look so forward to hearing more from you and seeing more of you. Beautiful Avatar photo of you by the way! Sincerely Scarlett

I would be scared to keep track. I know there have been times where I blew thought to much money to quick. Luckily I don't get out that much so my spending is probably ok in regards to cding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    Wow, Blue...Now that's some solid auditing...Probably the best of any cross dresser on here without a doubt! Super job!

I too am almost a totally strictly an at home private dresser and this past year was my first time out in public and I went out three times when my wife was away on business.

Take care and way to go with tracking CD expenses! And yes, start up expenses are very high in the beginning for sure!

Sincerely Scarlett

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I'm the same way Karen! XOXOXO Scarlett

Probably part of a minority then as my wife not only knows about my dressing, but is OK with it too. We shop together and she has no problem with me dressing around the house (I'm not ready to try going out). We've been happily married for 20 years and by CD'ing has been a part of that for the entire time.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-20-2017 at 10:13 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Banned Read only
    OK girls, I'll be honest with you!....Last month I spent close to $300. It was because of how sexy and beautiful you girls told me I looked the first time I strapped on a pair of really sexy high heels. You girls went nuts so I did too when I bought 8 pairs of heels on line at JCPenney.com at a super deal on the average of about $24 to $29 per pair. The reason they were so inexpensive was because they had an phenomenal sale going on and then had an additional 25 to 35% off of the sale price if you ordered them on line using your JC Penney charge card. Don't worry, I've already paid the account off which I usually do whenever I pay my bill - (good for me, huh?)

The rest of the $300 went to Leggs sheer to waist jet black or nude colored hose to wear with the high heels, a few pair of clip on earrings at Penneys, and about 6 to 8 short skirts I purchased at Plato's Closet for an average of 6 bucks a skirt! So I went a bit crazy last month. But sometimes, like this month, I won't spend a dime on Scarlett's sexy things.

I definitely don't keep a spreadsheet on what I spend on my Scarlett things over the years. Just not organized enough to do that sort of thing. I never will be because I'm a go with the flow kind of girl and I have never been the best organizer in the world. Now put me in front of a crowd of 50 to 500 people and have me put together a Power Point presentation that is organized and will have people laughing and totally engaged for about an hour or two and you'll find me in my element of organization along with spontaneity! I just love dressing up in a slim cut suit and having fun with a crowd of people. I get called to do that sort of thing on a regular basis now.

Back to what I spend on cross dressing with Scarlett...they only thing I usually pay full retail price on is my makeup. Neutrogena makeup is my go to makeup. I use their eyeliner, their base makeup in liquid and powder, their mascara, and those more than fabulous makeup remover toweletts. Nothing beats those things for removing makeup and I mean absolutely nothing! I buy most all of my makeup at Walmart or Walgreens when they have the buy one get one free sales on makeup.

So bottom line on what I spend is - I have no idea because I don't keep track of that sort of thing. I just now I don't buy what I can't afford and about the only thing I would have to purchase in the near future would be in the area of nail polish remover and those Neutrogena makeup remover toweletts. I won't need any new heels, skirts, tops, hose, panties, or shape wear for quite some time. I'm pretty much good to go on all of my wardrobe, jewelry, footwear, wigs, and makeup for a while.

Love y'all....XOXOXO Scarlett

You know what, I saved many recipes, I think I can calculate most of it right now.

I guessed 1500
    But after adding up all the recipes and amazon orders
    I got 1161.25

Ive been doing this since 2012 which means i only spend 211 a year or 0.57$ a day

That's about 18$ a month.

I only had 1 purchase in 2013 and that purchase was discovered by my mom (not opened) but I assumed that the game was over and they knew about my CDing. In 2014 I didn't spend anything on womens clothes. 2015 I had 3 instances, 2016 I had 10 instances, and 2017 I had 6 instances.

What changed in 2016 was the fact that I started to be bolder and go shopping in public rather than the internet. Without the dreaded 10 dollar shipping charge I didn't feel as guilty over my spending.

I do crave a pair of heeled boots for the winter
    I wonder which would be more humiliating for me, heeled boots with womens skinny jeans or short shorts with smooth legs and cute pink shoes.

I'm guessing the short shorts as in winter I can bundle up and really hide my identity.

I don't keep track per se. I am also not just blowing money on anything that strikes my fancy. The wife and I use the same makeup removers and some products, nail polish, lipstick, serum, eyeshadow etc. We share some clothes. Everything else is a matter if we can afford it...her shoes..my shoes...so we try to be responsible...
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I got a. Jc penny card specifically so I can use it to buy my women's clothing. The only non clothing thing I bought was a coffee maker. But I ran up a bill of 700 dollar just over the winter! Not including stuff I bought on eBay, amazon, and Walmart.
    I never buy mans clothing anymore.

I used to be 3-4 hundred a year, but now far, far less due to medical changes that limit what I can do.

The most I do is keep the receipts for my purchases for a period of time for a couple reasons, (a) first and foremost is to check them against my bill when it is time to pay my charge card, (2) usually on the bottom for a customer experience survey and by doing them I get an additional 10 to 15% off when I present the receipt with the survey code ( for instance last weekend I went to the Express outlet store and bought a cute ribbed short skater dress, marked at $89.00, first it was on clearance (40%off), then I had the receipt with a 15 % code, then I had some points on my Express rewards account that were ready to expire. That $89 dress ended up costing me $22and change, plus I got full rewards points for the purchase that I can use towards future purchases. The surveys usually have to completed within 7 days of the sale and the discount is good for usually 30 days. I do that at Express, Charlotte Russe, Torrid, basically anywhere I shop and it really helps save money.

Banned Read only
    I have kept track of my on-line purchases which includes anything and everything...not just women's clothing. With eBay payments made through PayPal I print out the receipts and have them correlated into large envelopes envelopes for dresses and other, which includes everything else. I also print out a color picture of the dresses I have bought (158), so I can better select what I want to wear. I could add them all up, but, yikes, it would be scary. The only thing I can say my purchases are well within our household budget. I have over 450 full slips. I suppose those alone will tabulate to over $5,500. My wife just reorganized her side of the closet and she has just four white full slips and one black half slip. If I keel over today I hope she will appreciate her newly found wardrobe since we both wear XL and 16/18.

I started to keep receipts, but finally threw them away and said what the Hell! Transformation alone was around $1000! Yes it is expensive and I must often save money up to get what I want! I would probably stress if I knew how much! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Don't want to know

Even though I'm an accountant, that's a number I don't want to know.

I aint even seen that.jpg

I really don't want to think about it. I try to shop carefully. Have bought too many things over the years and never wore.

I always try to get the most for my money so I love the Salvation Army Store, So last year I bought 80 dresses at an average of $8 each, $640, two wedding dresses $100
    four wigs $200, makeup $60, misc. $200, Total of about $1140 WTH, Don't tell the wife!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Never counted but its a LOT more than I spend on 'him' thats for sure.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Hey there Heather,
    This is one number that I'm familiar with for an unfortunate reason. Early last year I decided to purge so I did an inventory of what I was giving to Goodwill. I kept 2 lists, the purchase price as best as I can remember & the value I could claim as a tax deduction. It came to $1,500 at purchase & claimed $500 as a deduction.

Well, after 9 months I started back again & am spending a lot. About $300 on 3 wigs earlier this year, last week $200 on 3 Soma Bras, 5 panties & 2 dresses, $80 on 2 pair of heels, $20 just yesterday at Target for 3 Tank tops. More clothes, jewelry & makeup bought too so I'm probably back up to $1,000 in the last 9 months. This is not normal, just rebuilding.

Yes this can be an expensive hobby.

Hugs, Connie
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Hell-o Heather,
    I don't keep track, as most months would tally a zero!
    But then...there are always those items in my cart on
    some website!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 07-21-2017 at 02:15 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I have never kept track of all the things I have to do. I've never kept a strict budget for my disposable income. Why? Because I will do whatever I have to, in order to keep myself sane. There have been times when I was so depressed I would spend thousands on food, my car/motorcycle, lapdancers, videogames, all to distract me from the fact that I do not currently have, and probably will never again have, a female mate. Every time I have to break off a new relationship because I've learned that the latest woman thinks crossdressers are perverted freaks, I get depressed and need to find some way to bury the pain. Why I'm not addicted to drugs, alcohol, or became violent, I don't know, because it sure happens to a lot of others.

I spend what I need to, to get by. I know that I've spent enough to buy a house, but if I had not done so, I would have lost my mind by now.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't really keep track.. As long as there's still money in the check book I don't care.. Someone always spends it anyway!!
    That being said I do know she spent $300 on dresses and a new wig this month.. She bought 2 dresses and 3 pairs of shoes last month for PrideFest.. In May my girlfriend bought her 4 tops and 2 pair of earrings for her birthday..
    I have not bought anything for myself at all this year!! LOL
    Best Wishes, Paula

I don’t keep track maybe I would not want to know….. but I am happy can’t put a price on that.

Banned Read only
    As I said before I don't keep track, but I was purging a couple weeks ago. I decided to let go of two large garbage bags of clothes I don't wear anymore.

I probably paid somwhere between two and ten dollars a piece for the majority and there was well over fifty items in there.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I have never kept track of my clothing expenses. My biggest costs came in the days of purging. To trash clothes and then buy more later was an incredible waste of money. I finally came to my to realize that I wasn't going to change and stopped purging 15 years ago, so my wardrobe is a nice size and I don't buy as regularly as I used to. My biggest expense now is on consumables like pantihose and stockings, if only they wouldn't get runs!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!