Thread: What Did want to buy first ? vs what did you settle on .

Aspiring Member

What Did want to buy first ? vs what did you settle on .

I have read with interest peoples first experience gathering the courage to go shopping in person . Its was flooded arm pit and full body blushing as i Finally got the courage, cash transportation and timing together to stop into the taboo women's shop , a classic main street store with a center door and matching side glass windows making the most surface to gaze through of their wares as one casually strolled by. .
    What i wanted was all researched out of catalogs. I had imagined how cool it would be to slide into the clothing, then zip them closed, enveloped. wow would that be so cool! the previous 5 years of clandestine catalog and magazine reading I believed I had a clue! I drove by , 15 mins be for closing . quickly parked , it looked dead,perfect quickly navigated into the alcove and past the door . safe. a quick look about and the sales lady greeted me , 10 mins later I was out something sort of $85 .00 lighter but I got what i wanted. or so i thought . 6 hrs later , a memory of trying the items on , and as it has been said "experience is what you get when you did not get what you wanted" I also had the knowledge that there was no proof of the purchase as i burned it. the catalogs words now were more clear . Do not use words like firm control when you want some flexibility ! that batch of girdles had probably sat on the shelf for 10 years waiting for a totally blown out belly to stuff back in where it might have been 20 years prior ! surgical support almost canvas and spandex is not sexy, nice , smooth or relaxing to be securely "enveloped in !
    What i wanted was that curvaceous corseted shape with a zippered high waist zippered satin paneled panty girdle & ? A .bra , yea sure something to ballance out the ass and cap the waist line (I had not really paid much attention too) . When i asked about corsets? > "long gone" nothing with laces for 20 years ! ( What sears catalogs have them listed for ever). the "firm control girdle" that she had & I eagerly accepted as a professional suggestion, I guess i deserved Such a purchase for not coming in at-least 1/2 hr before closing ....it might have been much better...it might have been worse!
    what I was thinking was some kind of cobbled together Bunny Costume . so much for " the clothes make the man " "foundations make the fashion" the flip Wilson Geraldine skit was more impressive in one way ..and less interesting in others....more T.V. lies , lies ever where.
    the problems with no internet no good library, no one i trusted enough to ask and have a fully truthful believable answer delivered to me in 1978.

the first thing I bought was a Purple lace tank top and pair of skinny jeans. The first thing I actually tried on was a knee length sundress at JC Penny

oh I had the courage to do it as I walked in the thrift store wandered around looking at books,sporting goods, tools and then I made the trip over to the dresses
    humm looking for a large found one long and yellow, found another in a black 10 dollars lighter and i had 2 dresses. Yes i was in heaven
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't remember, because I didn't "settle" then, and still don't!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When I was still married, shopping was easy and fun, We shopped together. Shopping by myself, I was at first hesitant, doing like Leann and shopping everything skirting the Ladies dept. while stealing looks while gathering my nerve. That's all past now, I usually know what I want but I take my time, browse, and see what else I might want. After all, we are spending money there.

Aspiring Member
    Doc , were you 17 shopping at the local girdle shop not 3 blocks from where your family had been known for 60 years and exposure meant something ? as I raked the metal out of the fire's ashes I didi not feel like the $$ was not worth it ..education is expensive and i paid .

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

try a dress on in a store in person ! big nipples you have! good for you! I try to think what would be comparable fear and war fair is all i come up with .

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Right you are..and who's to judge ? more silly human tricks, carefully laid when young to indoctrinate us to that nasty puritanical sheep-ale control . Good for you to ignore it .

What I wanted first? Bra & panties. I settled on a 6 pack of cotton full cut panties from Sam's club. I still have some of then.

First item I purchased was a pair of pantys from Fredrick's of Hollywood on line. Unable to recall first item purchased in a store. Probably was some stockings from Fredrick's.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

My first purchases were mail order; I had received my first credit card from a local department store, and in with the bill each month, were a couple of advertisements. One day, one of those advertisements was for a very cute camisole and tap pants. As I already had my mail going to a post office box, I went ahead and ordered a set. About two weeks later (I think, I can't remember exactly how long it took for it to come), in the mailbox was a slip to claim my package at the counter. Holding my breath, I gave the counter man my ticket. And got my first, very own, girl clothes.
    My first experience actually going into a store and buying things, I had driven to the next state to a mall, and went into one of the large department stores (Gimbals, Macy's, I can't remember which one) with a list of what I wanted, top of the list were underwear, bras and panties, slip, pantyhose. Leaving my prescription driving glasses on (non sun lenses; I never wore them other than when driving, so it was like a partial disguise), I hoped that no one I knew would spot me. I went straight to the woman's underwear section, picked out all the things I wanted. I was only interrupted twice, once by a SA and once by another customer who asked me if she could help me find anything. Way to embarrassed, I declined, and continued to shop. Going to the register (which back then each dept had their own), the SA there asked if I found everything I was looking for, I think I mumbled 'I think so', and just handed her the money. As I left, she told me that if I needed to return anything, to just make sure to bring the receipt. In retrospect, by the sizes of the clothes, it was probably apparent that the clothes were for me. But I, of course, had to deny that to myself in order to keep up the courage to accomplish my 'mission'.
    The next time was a trip to NYC, and at Macy's home store in Manhattan. I had made several reconnaissance trips, and knew where each item was. I was in and out in a short period of time. Again, bras, panties, a slip, and some summer dresses. That was about 40 years ago. Everything since then has been mail order.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

After years of putting on my mother's granny panties in various shades beige, I took advantage of my 16 year old freedom and drove my "new" used car to Walgreens and purchased six pair of floral print bikini panties. It didn't take long to wear them out but I never wore hers again.