Thread: Slight sign of acceptance from my wife???

Slight sign of acceptance from my wife???

My wife is taking the kids swimming today.... in one of my bathing suits. She has been completely DADT ever since I came out to her a few years ago. I got a text from her asking if she can wear my black swim suit to the YMCA today. She said she doesn't like the way her's fits and doesn't want to wear it in front of all those people. She went on to say that mine looks better on her, (that means that she already went into my stuff, found it, and tried it on). I told her that I thought that she would look great in it. I asked if I could see her in it or if that would be weird. She texted back and said that she would model it for me. I know enough to not get any hopes of her being more comfortable with me CDing up, but it was a nice suprise.

That certainly seems like a good sign to me. Good for you!

I think it's a very positive gesture. Two good things...She knows and has opened the door. Proceed slowly. Talk, read about CDing, keep a sense of humor. Kudos for your bravery and honesty to come out to her. Best.

Sounds to be a good thing Jamie. Any interaction seems to be good when in a situation such as yours, sharing things with your wife may be a sign of some understanding, Hopefully!
    I've swapped clothing with my wife, and also swapped and borrowed make-up. I'm not to be seen Dressed??
    Such a confusing life we lead. Best of luck with this new sign!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Door cracked open for at least a conversation with her. While you need to go slow, I would see if you could at least underdress.

My wife is very encouraging and accepting about my pink time. And I make sure I give her back some blue time with the man that she needs. This took a lot of conversations and negotiating over a years time. And reassurance I to have no desire to transition to full-time.

Good luck!!!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Slow and steady wins the race. In this case it may be at a snails pace, but if you take your time, who knows what can happen.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Reality Check
    It's a good sign when your wife begins wearing your clothes. Don't push anything for now but try to keep the door open.

BTW: It's really difficult with kids around the house. Perhaps she will relax when they are away or gone.

It could be that she is coming round a little, or on the other hand your swimsuit was there available and she needed one. You're not going to know if she is beginning to accept a bit more unless you talk to her...just don't rush things.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Some GGs share clothing with their best friends. When a GG wife/GF decides to either share or borrow I think it's a good sign. She is taking advantage of there being two different wardrobes that she can choose from. I'm not so sure if it's a level of acceptance or just a convience for her to have your stock pile around. Try opening up to her or writing a long meaningful letter. Good luck hun! 😘

A very encouraging development, Jamie, but take it one step at a time and don't get your hopes up too high just yet. One swallow doesn't make a summer as they say, and just like The Amazing Race on television, the DADT road is a long and difficult one with many twists, turns and sometimes detours and U-turns along the way before the final goal of acceptance is achieved by the winning team.

Keep in mind also that on that reality show, only one of the teams gets to finish the entire race and of the 10 teams starting out, 9 are eventually eliminated or drop out along the way. 1 in 10 odds of success here? Sounds about right when it applies to our situations as well...

Jamie it is a start go slow

I hear you, my wife acddently grabbed a pair of my Jean shorts put them on, when I got home from work she said that I might not get them back. Lol

Sounds good but I will join the chorus of go slow! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It is a sign that you owning women's clothing is becoming "normal". That's not the same thing as you wearing women's clothing, and it's a long way way from seeing you that way. I know, I know. It doesn't quite make sense. Get used to it. There is a lot of emotion around this issue for our SO's. Don't underestimate it.
    All that said, this is certainly a step in the right direction. Just don't read more into it than is really there.

Sounds like acceptance/ tolerance to me I knew things were settling down in a good way when my wife washed, ironed and hung up most of my femme gear .. although she obviously has a mild contempt for what she calls my " fripperies" ( garter belt, tutu skirt, layered petticoats etc ) .. I'm slightly annoyed now that she's craftily manouevered all my comfortable, practical Sloggi panties into HER knicker drawer!
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

Jamie390,

It sounds like a great first step. When I first started CDing my wife wasn't overly accepting. At one point in time, we had to go to a church function and while putting on her pantyhose she put a run in them. Without even batting an eye or even a sarcastic comment, she asked if she could borrow a pair of mine. That was a huge step forward for her.

Hopefully this is a little opening to more acceptance by your wife.