Thread: what if we could just dressthe way we want anytime

what if we could just dressthe way we want anytime

I have often wondered what it would be like if we could just dress in dresses, skirts and blouses or how every we wanted to when we want to and just be accepted

I remember this being asked before, and the unfortunate answer was that we can dress the way we want, and others probably will not force us to change. However, they might make decisions based upon it - like an employer. Similarly to what happens now if, for example, one shows up in jeans when a suit is expected .

It would be nice not to have to face consequences for CDing. In most of our cases, it's not criminal after all. But everything has consequences. Sometimes consequences are a good thing, but for us, they might not be .

Have you every tried it?? I have never passed.My voice gifts me away.... they treat me as a girl!! Give it a try...
    Best Wishes, Paula

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There have been many threads here so if you want to read more just use the search function.
    There are enough threads about that very subject to keep you busy for hours.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-22-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    That will be nice.

Banned Read only
    The very minute after you die MtF CDing will be accepted. Day late and a minute short.

Reality Check
    You can dress however you want to right now but you have to be willing to accept the consequences.

Now there may be a time in the future when men can wear skirts or dresses but it's unlikely the time will ever come when it's considered normal for men to dress as women with breast forms, hip padding, wigs, etc. and pretend that they are actual women.

That's the ideal. It would also be great if there were no poverty or hunger.

Gold Member
    IF, There is always an IF. It would be great to rewrite the "Society BY Laws".
    Then we could do like you say.
    Now I wonder where we could start?
    Rader

If there were no consequences, then everyone would dress the way they wanted and there would be rainbows and pink unicorns! It may happen but no time soon! This has been posed before not too long ago! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

You can do it now. Not every one will approve. Just today , the lady I rent a room from Karen , her sister, her sisters daughter, son in law and grandson like 8. Are visiting. She asked if I would come out and meet her sister. I have met her other sister and we have become friends. She seemed ok, we visited. Karen wanted her to see my shoe collection. About 150 pairs, I have them organized on racks. They are going to see a movie and ask if I want to go. I say yes and go and change. I put on a jean mini skirt , spaghetti strap tank top, a wrap, white sandals and belt. I'm sitting on the couch waiting. They are about ready to go. Karen , her sister and niece come in and Karen asks if I can change and put on a longer skirt. I thought about it, thought I'll just put on skinny jeans. Then I remember back to a concert I went to last year, where I dressed down for a friend, I had the worst time. And I was in the front row. The lead singer picked up on it. I told myself never again. I told them I don't need to go and left. I returned after they were gone and packed a bag. I will not return till after they have left for home tomorrow. I'm wearing the same thing now. I have been shopping, stopped by the bar for lunch, and to practice playing pool. There is a Mexican restaurant next door, same owner, and he and the bar manager were there. I know them both. My point no one all day has has any problem with how I'm dressed. And why should they, I wear short skirts and dresses all the time. I asked a friend at the bar, not telling her who had a problem with the way I'm dressed. She said they are just haters. I dress the way I want and if you don't like it I don't care.

This question has got me thinking. It's hard enough to be accepted by everyone even if one tries to! There are places we can go to and dress any way we want, no matter how bizarre we dress. And there are places people aren't allowed because they aren't wearing a tie etc.

So, it's a nice fantasy but... I'd love to be my female self in front of my regular friends and family, but I don't feel like being ridiculed. I'll dress however I want at TG events.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

In reality who is stopping you? The answer is most likely you. Outside of work I dress how I want. I domt care what anyone thinks or says. Yes at work I need to dress a certain way and wouldn't wear a skirt even if it was excepted because it wouldn't work for my job. I am allowed to wear shorts at work but choose not to because kneeling on scolding hot metal or asphalt without protection of pants is a bad idea.

This depends so much on where you live. Even if they passed a law allowing dress as you wish, people are the problem. Now, I would feel very comfortable dressing in San Francisco. For countries, Scotland, India, Japan city or country. In most oher places (except the U.S.), rural places I hope would be accepting.

Here, where I live in the hot Caribbean, because it is very warm, I dress in Indian merchant linens, Simple things like scrubs. Buy XL and wear a silkie mini skirt underneath. That gets me through the day. On top, a dark linen and a nice little bra for my nice little girls. I can't wait to go shopping. ��

Glad to be back posting. Robbin's been a bad girl.

? Is there a law against cross dressing? youse all goin' to jail!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Dress up, go out, and have fun. Just...be careful. Just like GG's have to do. Be aware of who's around you, and potential areas of danger. If something looks like it might be dangerous, just don't go there. Remember, no matter how tough you are, there's no way to defend yourself from someone sneaking up behind you while you're distracted with something else.

Be careful.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    I assume that you are referring to wearing appropriate clothes for the sex you are dressing as. There are many who don't wear appropriate clothes to work or for any occasion. In my youth I dressed as a girl much of the time. I wore clothes that fit the occasion and were age appropriate. Being able to pass was the key to acceptance.

We are all conditioned to treat differences with skepticism as to motive and the fact we all seek like kind people. Mankind has tended to create groups for security and protection.

I just wish that at times when I had errands to run I could just go out in a dress, skirt and blouse, high heels ,not worry about passing and just feel comfortable

I would be very happy to be able to wear what ever I want and know that I would be accepted just like everyone else that I see or pass as I am going about my day. Maybe one day the perfect world will appear and we will all get the chance we so desire.

As others have said - we can, but have to accept society's responses. You could say the problem is not us, but society's responses to how we want to dress.
    Hugs, Ellen

I wish, I can't even cope with the andro look around people that i know which is really all i desire. Though it would be fun to mess with peoples heads by being a dude in a dress on any day besides halloween.

despite being half a man, I'm still man enough to want to not destroy that part of me, What ever that is.

I feel like the male ego is an egg, Very fragile and all the messy stuff from emotions to weaknesses are inside the egg. CDing in public is like juggling with the egg on a tight rope in the grand canyon. Yeah it must feel amazing if you pull it off but it doesn't seem possible for me.

The reality is there is a invisible safety net that will capture the egg, but upon impact the egg simply disappears and you realize the egg was nothing and the yolk was always inside you all along.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBrendaLee View Post
    I have often wondered what it would be like if we could just dress in dresses, skirts and blouses or how every we wanted to when we want to and just be accepted
    I'm doing just that, I get out in public every 2-6 weeks for a day or two. I wear what ever I want and I never had any problem. Yes sometimes people stare a little, but I got used to that and don't care anymore. Most of the times, I don't feel noticed at all. Be free and do what you wish to do.

It's nice to think about, but there are so many social barriers that prevent it from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    You can dress however you want to right now but you have to be willing to accept the consequences.

Now there may be a time in the future when men can wear skirts or dresses but it's unlikely the time will ever come when it's considered normal for men to dress as women with breast forms, hip padding, wigs, etc. and pretend that they are actual women.
    Hello Krisi. For me the future is already here. I feel normal going out wearing a skirt and heels ever day. I do however, feel very uncomfortable when I go out as Martha in wig, forms, etc...unless I am out with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBrendaLee View Post
    I just wish that at times when I had errands to run I could just go out in a dress, skirt and blouse, high heels ,not worry about passing and just feel comfortable
    Hello BrendaLee...I've been wearing skirts and heels in what I call half and half mode almost daily now. First in Germany and now here in the US. I am at the point where I don't really care what others think. I just do want I feel is comfortable. What I have realized is that most people don't really care or to busy to notice and go about their business. Some may look at me as odd at first but then they go back to what they were doing and really don't give it any more thought. So relax and have fun. Get dressed and go out!
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I wish I could flap my arms and fly with eagles, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!