Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Met a GG

good luck

Wow - getting engaged!!!??? Sounds like the two of you are going to have a wonderful weekend!!!
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Seems a little quick to be asking her to marry you, I wish you luck.

hope all goes well.

I also agree. Go in male mode and let her see that side of you. She knows about the other side and you can present that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Nicole View Post
    Just a little update, Chris and I are still going strong. We see each other several nights a week and usually spend the weekends together either at her place or mine. We have gone out twice as girlfriends (that is the best way I could put it). next weekend is our 2 month anniversary and we are planning on going away for the weekend, I am picking her up Thursday night and we are leaving Friday morning for a weekend getaway in the Pocono Mountains, While I did plan on leaving Stephanie home for the weekend, Last night she told me to make sure I packed a nice dress for dinner one night. I am crazy about this girl and falling for her more and more every day to the point I am considering doing something I have never done before, As I said before I am very much into classic cars and own a 1968 Chevelle that I am about 90% finished restoring ( down to paint and some minor cosmetic things), I have had it for about 10 years and have never ever let anyone else drive it, Today I went and had a set of keys made for Chris, I attached them to a key ring that also has an ENGAGEMENT RING, I plan on asking her to marry me next weekend. She is the only thing I can think about when we are not together and when we are together I can only think about how lucky I am to have found such a wonderful person. When we go away I am going to use the excuse of teaching her to Drive the car ( thus the need for the keys) and have found a small secluded beautiful spot in an open field with a stream and waterfall in the background, that is where I am going to ask her.
    It sounds like you have found yourself a wonderful woman. I will only say be careful about going so quickly into a marriage. Pace yourself because a wedding proposal this soon might scare her away and you definitely don't want to do that.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.

Aspiring Member
    I agree. Sixty days is a very short time. Enjoy your time together but let it build slowly. Just my 0.02cts, from long experience. Ask me how I know.

Ineke

Stephanie. Like many have already mentioned, it is probably too soon to go en femme. Just me but go in male outter clothes. It is a first date so under dressing should be more than cool as you want to be comfortable. I don't recall who it was that mentioned it but be sure to treat her like a real lady.

Hi Stephanie, I'm new to this thread, but it reads like a fairytale. I'm so happy for you. My $0.02 is that it does seem early for a proposal, but on the other hand when you know it's right you just know. You've been with her quite a bit, so you must have a good feeling about how she is going to react. Maybe to offset the quickness of the proposal, suggest a long engagement. If she's really keen on the marriage idea she might suggest to make it shorter. By the way, your plan of how and where to do it is just perfect - totally romantic but with a good dose of your personality. I think she is going to love it. Sounds like you already have a good balance to your life, but don't forget to keep the male part of the relationship in the driver seat and save Stephanie for the special times. She seems very generous on that front, so you're very lucky that you can likely just wait for her it invite Stephanie to the party.

Wishing you the best for the big weekend. Go get'er gir!!!
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Sorry for not updating this sooner. I did it, I asked her to marry me and she said..... YES!!!!!!!!!!!. She has made me the happiest person alive, I have been on a 3 week high. We have decided not to rush things and are looking at a Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 date. Since we have both had previous marriages we are going tohave a small ceremony at the spot where I proposed to her, with just our families and close friends. After my previous marriage broke up I did not believe that I could find another person that could make me so happy. I have felt like the luckiest person in the world.

Congratulations Stephanie!
    Jill

Congratulations! So happy for you both.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Was so afraid to reopen this thread. Then, I was literally doing the happy dance for you. Thank you so much for sharing with us such a wonderful time of your life. On a site that is filled with marriage challenges (to say the least), it is so uplifting to see one on the verge of blossoming. From the bottom of my heart - congratulations ... well done girl!!!
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Congratulations Stephanie!!! Apparently Chris didn't wreck the car?!!!

Congratulations!!

Wow! That is wonderful news. Thanks so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Lynn View Post
    Congratulations Stephanie!!! Apparently Chris didn't wreck the car?!!!
    She was actually petrified to drive the car lol as it is kind of quick ( I put a 396 with a 5 speed in it). it took me a little convincing and a promise that if anything did happen I wouldn't be angry with her to get her to drive it. Now she is hooked and wants me to build her a Mustang (her favorite car). I actually tracked down a 66 fastback for sale at a good price, if I can make the deal I might surprise her with it for Christmas

If you asked her out as a male then that is how you should go, if you were dressed then you would present as female.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Nicole View Post
    She was actually petrified to drive the car lol as it is kind of quick ( I put a 396 with a 5 speed in it). it took me a little convincing and a promise that if anything did happen I wouldn't be angry with her to get her to drive it. Now she is hooked and wants me to build her a Mustang (her favorite car). I actually tracked down a 66 fastback for sale at a good price, if I can make the deal I might surprise her with it for Christmas
    WOW!! Stephanie,396.. w/ 5 speed... How does Tim the tool man put it Arrrgh!! Arrrgh!

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Awesome, Stephanie! I hope the deal works out!!

I want to thank everyone for their advice and well wishes. Chris has made me the happiest person alive. She loves me for who I am the complete package, not just part of it, and I love everything about her from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. I did get her the Mustang as a Christmas gift (shh....) Her father has a good friend that is doing the body work and hiding it for me while we rebuild the motor ( an original factory numbers matching 289 but an automatic not a manual transmission) and I am going to have it painted a nice deep red for her. I hate telling her I am working late while I have secretly started working on the car but I do know in the end it will be worth it. As for Stephanie she is alive and well and a part of our relationship. We don't really go out that much as girlfriends ( Like I have said tons of times I am not really passable) other than a late night drive or something along those lines but at least once or twice a week Stephanie has her time with Chris, and we both have lots of fun be it just watching a movie or playing a game or just sitting talking over a glass of wine, I let Chris lead the way to whatever we do.

Gawds ..... '68 Chevelle with a 396 and five-speed, and a '66 Mustang with a 289 .... crap, I may want to marry you myself!! LOL
    (Yup, i is a gearhead, too.)

I guess the big question now is which of you two gets to wear the wedding gown?
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 10-26-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayliedaskope View Post
    Gawds ..... '68 Chevelle with a 396 and five-speed, and a '66 Mustang with a 289 .... crap, I may want to marry you myself!! LOL
    (Yup, i is a gearhead, too.)

I guess the big question now is which of you two gets to wear the wedding gown?
    We have possibly even solved the wedding gown issue already ( nothing set in stone yet though) we were talking about having 2 ceremonies, one a traditional ceremony for our friends and families with me in a tux and her in a gown ( though since it is both our second marriages we really are not looking for a full formal occasion) and then a second one a few months later with both of us wearing White formal dresses ( not really wedding gowns per se)
    Yes I am a real gear head, besides the Chevelle and Mustang, I have previously owned and/or restored a 1934 3-window coupe with a flat 8, a 1939 Plymouth Businessmans special with a 440, a 69 Hemi Road Runner and a 1970 Trans Am Super Duty 455
    Most of the engine work I do myself, I am not a body man by any stretch of the imagination lol, but for her Mustang since I want it ready for Christmas, I have farmed out most of the work to friends so that it can be done in time. I have one person doing the paint and body work and her father and I are rebuilding the motor in his garage. I should have the car back sometime around Thanksgiving so that I can get the motor in and tuned properly before giving it to her
    Last edited by Stephanie Nicole; 10-26-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Do the car up like the Mustang from "Bullitt" or maybe Eleanor from "Gone in 60 Seconds."

Let's see .... family vehicles were/still are:
    '67 Mustang coupe with a 170 straight six
    '63 Chevrolet C-10 with a 350 and a PowerGlide automatic
    '68 Plymouth Fury III with a 318
    '63 VW Bug with the original 1300cc and 6-volt system
    '73 VW Bug with a dual-port 1600cc and a '79 transmission
    '97 Dodge Dakota Sport with a 5.2L V-8
    '07 Toyota Tacoma long bed

Oh, and my brother owns a Kawasaki Vulcan and a Triumph Thunderbird.

I'm really glad to hear that you found "The One," Stephanie, and I hope the two of you have many long happy years together and many miles under your wheels.

I drove an S/S 396 once at Union Grove Dragway. It is a FAST car. The quickest and fastest thing I ever owned was a Suzuki GXSR 750.

Wow! Fast cars AND wedding dresses. You are a lucky individual. Enjoy!