Thread: First wristwatch 😃

First wristwatch 😃

When I was MUCH younger I asked my parents for a watch, they said I'd just break it and that I didn't need a watch.

I had to keep a pager clipped to my belt at all times. The pager displayed the time so I didn't need a watch.

When I bought my first cellphone it displayed the time so I didn't need a watch.

After I retired I didn't care what time it was so I didn't need a watch.

I recently was at Walmart to get some groceries and as I was passing the jewelry department I noticed the wristwatches on display and told myself that I didn't need a watch.

But, my eyes were drawn to the ladies watches and I felt compelled to take a lookc.

Except for shoes ALL my clothing is women's and when out in public I wear women's clothes that at first glance will appear as men's clothing. Even before CDing I never wore jewelry with the exception of my high school class ring.

But the (ladies) watches were soooooooo pretty! Some were, of course, very girly and would not fit into my stealth way of public dressing until I found a few that were kinda plain jane but still had feminine features.

I bought my first (women's) watch! A ladies somewhat narrow bangle wristband in silver and a round watch face that wasn't tiny and also wasn't large like a men's watch.

i didn't need a watch..............but wearing this WOMENS watch is a lot of fun y'al

I have one and always wear it when dressed. A womans watch is a vital part of the package

Well, cool. Fulfillment of a lifetime desire to have a watch is a good thing. And a better thing that it fits in with who you are. (And extra points for it being "impractical." We all need that from time to time. )
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

At present I have no watch, but for a long time I wore a very girly watch in both male and female modes. I'd get lots of odd looks in male mode, and I'd just say that I needed to wear a light watch because heavy male watches made my wrist hurt.

When I wear a watch I am glad I do. The cell phone is so big and sometimes I have to leave it with security guards.

That said, yes, just last week, I wanted a cheap tourisit watch and there were so many pretty ladies watches. I finally found one with a big enough band but it was too expensive.

Enjoy your watch and may you have many more...thinking: Dad, if you could see me now.

Given how the world has changed, who knows what our parents would say if they saw us in ladies garb today. My father would have a genuine interest, I am sure. He was always so curious. My mom would be elated, if it was a ballet dress. She wanted me in ballet but that could never happen in those days.

r
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 07-23-2017 at 07:26 PM.

I had never really given this much thought until i read your post, as i seldom wear a watch for two reasons:
    1 - i do physical work and it would probably get damaged anyway.
    2 - i have wrists like matchsticks so even the smallest mens watches look ridiculously large on me.

I do keep the outgoings very low, but maybe next time my CD budget fills up a bit i will buy an inexpensive ladies watch for best wear.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I consider my watches more like jewelry than a timepiece. In drab it's a Zuni turquoise and silver band. Enfeme it's a petite gold and silver band.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Good to hear that you found a watch which fits in with your stealth dressing style, and silver goes with most things. It's sometimes difficult to find nice things which suit our personal styles. I also bought a nice watch when I retired, it's a men's, but it's pretty!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

This is interesting when I'm doing normal manly man things ie mtb'ing, flying, hiking working etc I've worn baby g's for ever because they don't break are smaller and a bit more subtle than their full size counterparts and not because they are for women (you can get dark colour ones), but when I'm Millie, nothing at all and no temptation to have it on either, I wonder why?.

I tend to collect watches and wear them instead of bracelets

Banned Read only
    Bob,
    The two things I finally felt were needed was a ladies watch and glasses. I picked up two watches in a charity shop, they were so inexpensive.

While having my eyes checked I asked the young male SA if he could do me a deal on a ladies pair. He hesitated for a moment and then lead me to the women's frame choices, while deciding he came out to me about a CDing experience, I could see it had bothering him for a while When we finished our business he kept shaking my hand in gratitude for the opportunity to tell someone. When I collected my new glasses I asked if he would like to see some of my pictures, he was blown away , I could see he had an ongoing problem so I also gave him some suitable contact details , again he was so grateful.

A traditional ladies watch on my big fat man's wrist just looks ridiculous. The closest I can come, is a Cartier tank watch, a men's version, which looks like a woman's size when worn on my wrists. Still looks pretty. OTOH.....a nice watch is pretty much the only acceptable piece of jewelry that a man can wear other than a wedding ring. So, I collect watches. Some expensive, some very cheap. Takes all kinds to make a world.

Oh yeah, I wanted a pretty woman's bracelet and necklace. I found that women's 9" ankle bracelets will fit my wrist just right. And there are some waist chains that I can wear as a necklace.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post

Oh yeah, I wanted a pretty woman's bracelet and necklace. I found that women's 9" ankle bracelets will fit my wrist just right. And there are some waist chains that I can wear as a necklace.
    Anklets! I loveeeeeeee anklets!! They are the only girly jewelry I'll wear in public.

I have never thought about using an anklet as a bracelet, what a excellent idea! Thank you!

Yes, a ladies watch is on my shopping list! At least a unisex watch. My wrists are thin so most mens watches don't fit me anyway. If I found a nice watch I plan to use it even in male mode.

I actually hate most men's watches these days. They have become bigger and bigger to the point of being ridiculous in my mind. My wrists are not all that large and men's watches have always fit nicely. Over the years I have had a few I real liked. Neat looking ones that were a little different. Blue face, orange hands, etc. Now these massive watches look like I would be strapping an arm building weight to my wrist.

So going to a women's watch actually works on multiple levels. I recently picked up a white one with gold markings that is sized as I like it. They are super cheap at Wallyworld (made in China of course) I think I paid about $7 for this one. I do want to go look again and get a silver one however as the white one seems a bit too femmy in drab mode at times. When dressed I like having the watch on one wrist and a bracelet on the other. It's just the little things that do it sometimes.

Traci