Thread: Is it the Wig?

Is it the Wig?

Had an interesting observation today. Last night I told my wife I wanted to dress and go out. She is OK with that and always is.I've talked before on our site about our understanding of my dressing. Once dressed I went downstairs to tell her I was on my way. She never once tried to look at me, as has often been the case. No big deal. As usual when I got home I went to bed wearing my forms with a nightie.

Got up this morning and put on a light nylon tee shirt, with forms and full make up still on and touched up. But NO WIG. Went downstairs and had a normal conversation with her as we had breakfast. Full eye contact and no negative comments. Totally normal. I am staring to think it is seeing me in a wig that puts her over the top of dircet contact. Has anyone else with a working level of acceptance experinced this?

Who knows? Sometimes my wife has no problems with my dressing then other times she completely acts different about it. I think she thought I was just experimenting and would grow out of it. Maybe the wig makes you look too feminine. Mine has no problems with my panties or me buying the things but she is off and on about seeing me dressed. She used to help me dress and has even taught me many things about it. As I started "Who knows"

My wife also refuses to see me dressed with wig. Without it no problem she just says she isn't ready for that.

I get just the opposite reaction. When wearing breast forms without a wig, my wife seems to have the attitude that I'm making fun of women, and indirectly of her. When I add a wig, and trying to look as feminine as possible she seems to accept it more readily. We've never really discussed it, but I assume that she sees my striving for a female appearance more as paying homage to women rather than making fun of them. (BTW, I see myself as paying homage to women even without a wig.)

Reality Check
    I don't have an answer to that because my wife sees me all the way or as a "man". If I look in the mirror dressed but with no wig, it's pretty disgusting (to me). The wig is crucial for me.

Yes, there is a working level of acceptance in my home. I can walk the halls with full makeup, all nails painted and wearing only panties, even an apron! and that is fine! Yet a wig and dress I am not to be seen in!

My interpretation of what happens ( my experience only ) is that my wife can still see the male me walking around as normal, in not much! BUT, the Wig & Dress as well in my case, changes me too much! Turns me into a complete woman!

Guess she doesn't mind a pretty husband, just isn't into women?

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Wig is the finshing touch. I don't like looking at myself with no wig, though, when made up, with lipstick, and mascara, and make up, ear rings, and sunglasses, i don't look bad as a lady with real short hair, but not as good as with the wig.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy55 View Post
    Yes, there is a working level of acceptance in my home. I can walk the halls with full makeup, all nails painted and wearing only panties, even an apron! and that is fine! Yet a wig and dress I am not to be seen in!

My interpretation of what happens ( my experience only ) is that my wife can still see the male me walking around as normal, in not much! BUT, the Wig & Dress as well in my case, changes me too much! Turns me into a complete woman!

Guess she doesn't mind a pretty husband, just isn't into women?

Stacy!
    re: the dress. Have you considered jeans or jeggings? Still female clothes but not so "in your face" as a dress. As for the wig - grow your natural hair out perhaps?

In my personal experience, my wife has been a little shocked with each new step I've taken (boobs, hip and but padding, wig, skirt or dress, lipstick, etc.) but with time, these have become normal and accepted things. The slow approach has worked well for me.

Thank you for the responses. Think I need to talk to my wife about this and see what her responses is.Will let you know

Banned Read only
    Alice ,
    After a suggestion on the forum sometime ago it was suggested when in a DADT situation that you ask your partner at what point would you stop me if you were prepared to let me dress in your presence , my wife said not at all, so I could never answer your question. I feel it would be the wig moment, to me that is when the man finally disappears . I have to say I hate the man in a dress look , I could never go out in MIAD mode.

The right wig makes a tremendous difference, I'm fairly happy with mine but would still like to get unbiased professional advice on choosing a wig. I keep thinking about asking the question in the TS section about living with wearing a wig full time, as it's something I'm going to have to consider shortly , my natural hair will never grow to give me a female look .

Teresa,

I have 4 wigs in diferent colors (blonds and dark browns) and different lengths and styles. I love each but make the choice of which to wear based upon whim and clothing choice. And I am considering getting another. My wife has seen all of them and her reaction is no different. Still need to discuss it with her and that will occure sometime later this week. Am very curious to what she says and am not worried that the discussion will cause any problems. She is a very open, honest and highly intelligent woman. Just need to get the elephant out in the open.

It seems that everyone may have a trigger point. My wife didn't have a problem with me in a wig, but her breaking point was me in a bra with with prominent breasts. And she had prominent breasts so it wasn't jealousy.

Has anyone else with a working level of acceptance experinced this?
    In brief: Yes, I have.

I think the wig stage can be a big stumbling block as also growing boobs can take a long time.

I had already got past that stage before I was married but there was a retrograde step after I was married and had to go through the steps again.

Who knows why?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So, last night I talked tomy wife about this issue. Her resonse was not all that clear. She said she was unaware of her reaction to my wearing a wig and said she does not like to directly contact with me when dressed beause she only wishes to see me as a man. Not a clear response, but understadable. She does not think she had direct contact when I am dressed, make up and all without the wig. But she has, so the answer will remain a mystery.