Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of CD/TV are you (With poll maybe?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What type of CD/TV are you (With poll maybe?)

I have a definition that I have seen on the internet that I use although it probably not correct but I consider:
    A cross dresser: Someone who goes all out to look passable. Make up wig/long hair, goal is that you think they are a woman.

A transvestite: A man that likes to wear very feminine womans clothes and shaving body hair, but make up and wig is optional. Goal is not to fool anyone into thinking you are a woman, but to appear as some one dressed as the opposite gender. Mainly male to female since many men's clothes are worn by woman and there is no TV/CD reason behind it.

I consider myself the second. I don't do a wig or make up, just shave my body hair and wear the girliest things I can find: All shoes are heals, only dresses, clothes that a men would never ordinarily wear. I like to look at myself in the mirror because (im so vain, just kidding) because to me I look really good in them, but I know I don't look at all like a woman and that's the point and to many I'm sure they would say I look better dressed as a man. I get some strange kick out of the doing the opposite of the social norm.

I wanted to make this into a poll because this site always surprises me. IE when I first came to this site I thought most members were gay or bi, not true. Can't figure for the life of me how to make the poll though.
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

Banned Read only
    None of the above.

I will never understand the obsession over lables that persists on this board.

I am a cd If I don't have wig and makeup I am not dressed Yes please mistake me for a woman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Sounds like "internet" definitions to me. I consider "transvestite" to just be an older, more dated and slightly demeaning term.

To me the definition of a crossdresser is someone who crosses gender barriers in the way they chose to dress, by that definition I can proudly say I AM A CROSSDRESSER. I like the look and feel of woman's clothes. I do not own a wig and very rarely wear make up. When I go out dressed I try to go places where I will not run into anyone I know so subsequently I tend to dress far away from home. There is no way I will ever be passable, Like I said I wear the clothes because I like the way they feel. To me there is something liberating about the feel of a skirt or dress swishing around my legs or the feel of a soft blouse resting on my chest. That is why I dress

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Nicole View Post
    ...I wear the clothes because I like the way they feel. To me there is something liberating about the feel of a skirt or dress swishing around my legs or the feel of a soft blouse resting on my chest. That is why I dress
    There doesn't seem to be any room in popular definitions for this but I'm in the same category. I like the feel of the clothes. I like the way they make me feel as well. Body hair can stay just where it's at; I'm not into shaving unless really necessary. "Sometimes" a wig just seems appropriate to complete the outfit but not always. And... make-up would simply be a waste of time for me.

Lacy PJs

I don't really get this aren't "Transvestite" and "Crossdresser" interchangeable terms? (and they mean the same thing one being the English translation of the other!) no matter to what level you take it ie wigs makeup or lack thereof and doesn't have anything to do with the ability to pass as a woman, I only ask as I'm quite new to this and until I came out I considered myself a Transvestite but I came to realise the term has negative conotations and is a bit frowned upon but I quite like it and it feels odd to call myself a crossdresser, I don't mind it's just not what I was used to and my wife prefers it.

I am like Sallee. I dress part time to pass as a lady, but realize few will be fooled, when i go out in public. Call me whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    I am a cd If I don't have wig and makeup I am not dressed Yes please mistake me for a woman
    Ditto! I very rarely under dress. I go the whole nine yards: makeup, wig, clothes and heels. I don't want to be seen as a guy in women's clothing. I want to be seen as a woman.
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    None of the above.

I will never understand the obsession over lables that persists on this board.
    I like labels but I also like organization, having rules for things like in math. I like transvestite because of the word trans. If I was a women I don't think I would get a kick out of wearing mens clothes because no one would bat an eye. Or if it was totally "normal" for men to wear dresses and heals I wouldn't do it.
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LexiNexi View Post
    I like labels but I also like organization, having rules for things like in math.
    I embrace entropy and have seriously considered making Discordianism my religion...

But that would mean I would have to follow the "rules" of discord, and I can't do that...

Transvestite is an older term, but for many of us I guess we are that. I would say that I am transgender and gender fluid.. The transvestite was a term used back a ways and wow I dated some good looking ones about twenty years ago.
    Part Time Girl

Labels. They're just labels. The definition of a label changes over time, so while one may have been labelled as a 'tranny' a couple/three decades ago, these days it's almost unacceptable to even use the term.

If you are happy with what you call yourself, that's cool. Where that theory struggles is when 'we' try to define ourselves collectively to others.

Perhaps you could (genuinely) suggest a label for me. I am a straight guy in a hetro relationship who, given the chance, would wear discreet 'normal' womens clothes the whole time. What does that make me (apart from 'a bit odd')?

Someone told me once that I was TS. Nah. Am I 'gender-fluid'? Maybe, but only some days. Am I transgender? I don't think so. Crossdresser suits me (in my head), but when I dress in womens clothes I don't do make-up or wigs; I just wear womens clothes that I can get away with in 'guy mode'.

Confoozled? You bet.

rebecca34 wrote:
    when I dress in womens clothes I don't do make-up or wigs; I just wear womens clothes that I can get away with in 'guy mode'.

You obviously are a miad.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I totally understand the need some people have for labels. As human beings we often like a certain sense of order in our lives as we seek to define ourselves but it becomes a potential minefield of possibilities when you don't really understand the cause (at least I don't know how it started). The thing is I've tried applying a lot of these terms to myself over the years and none of them ever worked out so I avoid using them now.

I explored all possibilities in my once upon a time hunt for the right label and it proved futile beyond teaching me the importance of self-acceptance. I may be just a crossdresser or I may be something more (possibly Gender Fluid). Transgender works as a nice umbrella term I suppose, but doesn't specifically tell me what box I specifically fit into and the question is do I really need to put myself into that box at all? I don't think so. Even though many of us have similar stories we are all completely different and a label just lumps us into a generalized category but says nothing at all about the wonderful qualities of each individual.

I must admit I certainly don't like the term transvestite because it has been unfairly used by the ignorant over the years who have tried to label us all as fetishistic perverts and I have learnt over the years that my dressing is more about comfort and a sense of inner peace than something sexual.

The way I see it, I was born a guy and I often think and dress as a girl. It's perfectly natural to me and simply the way I am.

My label is a guy that enjoys relaxing in soft feminine attire, I enjoy garters, hose n heels, makeup, forms, and looking in the mirror I see a softer being dressed than when I'm in my male mode. I'm thinking I don't like either term, as I've heard negative things about both terms. Mostly many think of both terms as degrading and something is wrong with those who enjoy doing what we do. I wish that men's clothing would start being more soft and that the men clothing industry and makeup industry would start making men's makeup and men's dresses thus gradually merge into the same thing as the female clothing, shoes and makeup. The hair industry is already there I've seen guy with perms n long curl and pony tails. Now get busy and do the same with everything else. JMHO

For the longest time, I was hung up with applying a label to myself. None seemed quite right in describing who I am.

In my mind we all sit somewhere on a spectrum. If you define a crossdresser as someone who likes wearing women's clothing, I'm definitely Waay more than that but I stop short of calling myself a transgender. Maybe a cross-gender or a trans-dresser? Lol

I am a completely straight male who can never pass as a woman and I have no desire to pass or live as a woman. I simply like to wear women's clothing from time to,time. So what am I? If there is some other term for what a person who behaves as I do, then I don't know it. I thought the right term was "cross dresser" and that's why I joined this site.

One aspect here is that in Sweden, where I live, we unfortunately don't have the word Crossdresser/Crossdressing. The only word is Transvestit(e) and I hate that word. It would definitely feel better to have a not so clinical word to describe your self. Transvestite is more like a wider umbrella-concept in my opinion.

I'm comfortable with the "crossdresser" label, however correct or incorrect that label might be. I wear lingerie, stockings, heels, skirts, dresses, around our home when I please, and I'm trying to help my wife get comfortable with me wearing them outside our home. I'm anxious to wear what I please, when I please, where I please, but don't want to upset her with that last one.

Once my wife overcomes her concerns about me wearing skirts or dresses outside our home, it will be interesting to see just how frequently or infrequently I wear "women's" clothes. I don't foresee me wearing them 24/7/365 but I am adventurous and just so darn comfortable and relaxed while wearing skirts and dresses.

Karen

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Transvestite and crossdresser are the same thing, I personally like and use the term crossdresser to describe myself.

I'm kinda a little bit of all definitions. I love being very girly at home but in public I definitely tone things down.

I am a full time "stealth" Crossdresser. By "stealth" I mean that while I only own and wear women's clothing (except for shoes (male size 13 cost wayyyyyy to much for women's size 15ish) when in public at first glance it appears that I'm wearing men's clothes. But, if one looks closer it becomes more obvious that I'm actually wearing women's clothing. Such details like pants/shorts with no fly, no rear pockets, sometimes pockets smaller than usual for men's clothing, most of the time no belt loops but on the rare occasion when there are belt loops then using belts that are half as wide as men's otherwise elastic waistband or a drawstring at the waist, shirts that button right over left, vnecks where the v is a little lower than a mans, fabrics that are a more flowing than most men's clothes are made with, a bit (not much) of embroiderly and so forth and so on. Oh ya, and the outline of my bra may show thru my shirt/blouse a wee bit. Actually, when I'm outta town and feeling a little sassy I'll wear a shirt/blouse that allows my entire bra to show thru, it's the only time I wear a white shirt/blouse.

A lady i once dated summed me up perfectly when she said "you are a male who enjoys a few female perks".

Aspiring Member
    I would like to be more of a crossdressers. But I am not fooling anyone. I am 6' and 300lbs. I like to dress from wig to heels and at least look a little like a woman.
    So I would fall into the transvestite camp.

Started as Transvestite but that changed to crossdresser. That then changed to non-binary maybe gender fluid. Strange that I accepted all those labels when I am just me! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Started as Transvestite but that changed to crossdresser. That then changed to non-binary maybe gender fluid. Strange that I accepted all those labels when I am just me! Hugs Lana Mae
    LOL, the word "transvestite" literately means crossdresser.
    Word meanings are often perverted in peoples minds..