Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What type of CD/TV are you (With poll maybe?)

Occasional crossdresser, nothing more. I'd never 'pass' in public and any dressing I do is strictly private, with femm. items carefully (sometimes not carefully enough !) hidden away from MOH, who strongly disapproves.

Photography plays a big part and I derive much enjoyment from viewing & editing my CD-ing pics, most of which are taken in our grounds outside at this time of year.

M.

I enjoy crossdressing in private, mainly from the waist down. Nothing better than wearing a skirt and tights on the couch. Couldn't pass in public and don't really feel the need to share my secret.

rebecca34 wrote:
    when I dress in womens clothes I don't do make-up or wigs; I just wear womens clothes that I can get away with in 'guy mode'.

You obviously are a miad.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I'm with Sallee! I want to look female when dressed though I often lounge in very casual fem. If I happen to be wearing something pull over, I might be fully dressed before applying makeup and feel feminine. It's when I start to apply my makeup that I begin to feel fully female. I know, it's some kind of trigger but it's my trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    I am a cd If I don't have wig and makeup I am not dressed Yes please mistake me for a woman
    Ditto! I very rarely under dress. I go the whole nine yards: makeup, wig, clothes and heels. I don't want to be seen as a guy in women's clothing. I want to be seen as a woman.
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    When my wife and I have a tiff over my identity, she will tend to call me a transvestite, so naturally I prefer the term crossdresser. In reality I think they are one and the same. Just labels in any case. Get on with life and make the most of it.

While I understand your desire/need to categorize, there is an inherent problem with creating static labels for what we do. This community is so diverse; from those who are in transition to those of us who have to dress to the nines to satisfy our need to dress to those of us who are very casual in our dressing; you can't create enough labels for everybody to feel comfortable with their categorization. See, I just implied three labels to your two and we both left a bunch of people out.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

It's not rocket surgery. If you wear clothing normally worn by the opposite sex, you're a crossdresser (and a transvestite, since they mean the same). A label doesn't have to describe you down to minute details.

By definition I am crossdresser as I am man that like wear women clothing. I also shave my body, wear a wig and try to pass as woman. But I am also interested in changing my body to look for like a woman, ie. I take hormones.
    So I consider myself a transgendered woman.

One aspect here is that in Sweden, where I live, we unfortunately don't have the word Crossdresser/Crossdressing. The only word is Transvestit(e) and I hate that word. It would definitely feel better to have a not so clinical word to describe your self. Transvestite is more like a wider umbrella-concept in my opinion.

I'm comfortable with the "crossdresser" label, however correct or incorrect that label might be. I wear lingerie, stockings, heels, skirts, dresses, around our home when I please, and I'm trying to help my wife get comfortable with me wearing them outside our home. I'm anxious to wear what I please, when I please, where I please, but don't want to upset her with that last one.

Once my wife overcomes her concerns about me wearing skirts or dresses outside our home, it will be interesting to see just how frequently or infrequently I wear "women's" clothes. I don't foresee me wearing them 24/7/365 but I am adventurous and just so darn comfortable and relaxed while wearing skirts and dresses.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Nicole View Post
    ...I wear the clothes because I like the way they feel. To me there is something liberating about the feel of a skirt or dress swishing around my legs or the feel of a soft blouse resting on my chest. That is why I dress
    There doesn't seem to be any room in popular definitions for this but I'm in the same category. I like the feel of the clothes. I like the way they make me feel as well. Body hair can stay just where it's at; I'm not into shaving unless really necessary. "Sometimes" a wig just seems appropriate to complete the outfit but not always. And... make-up would simply be a waste of time for me.

Lacy PJs

CD/transvestite is a very broad label. It works sometimes but to answer the "sort of" question we will need more dimensions. There are concepts like development of gender including gender identity and expression, transgender and gender nonconforming that are needed to be able to add details.
    For me as a transperson, having a male body, adding female features, is CD or TV acceptable to highlight the broad context.
    It is also an evolving story. In the beginning it was more nylon stockings, lingerie and play that evolved into the recognition of a female part of me, adding more like skirts, make-up, hair. The playtime changed from a couple of hours to more hours. Then I had a full day and a whole weekend. Now there was a change as I became more reluctant to change back to the maleness. Over time I am less interested in changing for a short time. It is a feeling that there is a resistance changing back. So today I am more of a transwoman in the meaning of gender identity than CD in the conventional meaning and this is evolving. My physical limits are real and using HRT to move these limits is tempting. My gender expression is not full time female. I think that if I were, I wouldn't think that the CD label would be appropriate to tell enough about me. Today I think CD/TV is an ok description of my gender expression, but less of my evolving gender identity.
    No simple answer to the question of "type of".

Very simply, when all is said and done, I am a male that occasionally likes to put on and wear women's clothing, lingerie (especially lingerie!), and heels. I have very little chance of passing, as my features are too "masculine", but I love the softness of feminine attire, and can even walk halfway decent in 4" heels.

Not too much into categorizations; "i am what i am causes that's all that i am" Brenda

I'm a cross (heh) of both by the way you have it.

I cross but I don't anyone to think I'm a woman but I can still pass if I wanted to. I don't shave or act super girly. I'm not big into wearing wigs, I have never owned one and I don't plan on having one. I like to grow out my hair, last year I had it past my shoulders it looks more natural plus having the creativity to do whatever with it was great.

It's not uncommon for me to a dress or womens clothing around the house or on a weekend, but I don't really make an effort to pass as a woman. I'm usually unshaved and I keep my facial hair. Sometimes I will do my nails but not often as I can't really keep it on for long periods of time.

Like always there's exceptions, I let my step-sisters do my makeup, nails and whatnot. My best friend/ roommate is TG MtF and I often give her tips and advice and cross with her to make her feel more comfortable.
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

A gay crossdresser

I put everyone in their own category. I was gay long before I started crossdressing. I found sexy female apparel connected with a part of my sexuality. The rest is history

I just like how the clothes feel. It makes no difference the label someone wants to place on it.

I only ever partly dress. I present as fully male but with ladies items. Usually, I'll dress male above the waist and female below. I like creating balance. For example, I'll wear straight ladies jeans with a shirt. In fall and winter, I'll wear skinny jeans with tall boots, a shirt and a men's blazer.

In that respect I may stand out a little bit. I enjoy how fitted mens tops make my shoulders look masculine, but then I enjoy the curvacious bottom ladies apparel give me.

As a biker, i have big muscular legs, so I can fill ladies pants pretty well. Of course I shave and wear panties all the time. I haven't worn any male items below the belt for a long time (except for the belt itself).

I go to work dressed as such.

Hello everyone This is my first post and I'm happy to be here!

I only dress at home several days a week right now. When I do dress up, I fully dress up. Shoes, tops, bottoms, lingerie, wigs, and makeup.
    I am also married. My wife of seven years is pretty accepting of my Crossdressing (that in another post entirely!) as longn as it in in the house.

I'd class my self as simply a crossdresser.

I like to wear women's clothing, but I don't dress to pass as female. I never use wigs or make up.

As one of mixed gender, I dress according to my gender at that moment.

If I'm asked "Are you a man or a woman?" I say yes!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I,m a cd and have always been one. There have been fleeting moments when I dreamt of becoming a ts, but that has never been a reality.