Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of CD/TV are you (With poll maybe?)

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Boxes, boxes, whether they be wooden, or cardboard, we are always attempting to put things into boxes. I do my best to dress in the clothes I like, regardless of someone's boxes. I'm a member of this Cross dressers community if that is a box to some, then so be it!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I would be defined as a TV under your definitions. I only dress in the privacy of my home when the mood strikes me. Cross dressing isn't a lifestyle for me. I maybe in a class by myself.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Must say,

I'm Seeing Blue Poles! was that the poll?

You should need to refine your, well are there categories? or something?

Ok! I'm a straight guy which pretends to be a crossdresser so I can pick up chicks! Works for me!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I'm sorry but I do wish they would make a sticky on this subject, I've lost count of the times I've made the point of the two being the same thing.

Thanks to Reine, there is a sticky on this topic: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...-Abbreviations

To me the definition of a crossdresser is someone who crosses gender barriers in the way they chose to dress, by that definition I can proudly say I AM A CROSSDRESSER. I like the look and feel of woman's clothes. I do not own a wig and very rarely wear make up. When I go out dressed I try to go places where I will not run into anyone I know so subsequently I tend to dress far away from home. There is no way I will ever be passable, Like I said I wear the clothes because I like the way they feel. To me there is something liberating about the feel of a skirt or dress swishing around my legs or the feel of a soft blouse resting on my chest. That is why I dress

OK I've got to say it, you can call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner. Although I am a CDer by true definition but I have gone deeper into my being and found that a label of non-binary fits and the rest is just window dressing.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    you can call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner.
    LOL, I agree with that. There was a tv show on in the 70s when I was a kid and I remember that being said a lot and I always laughed at it, now you got me thinking about it and for the life of me I cant remember the show

i also agree with many of the responses I dislike labels. Some fit me and many don't.

"...goal is that you think they are a woman"...
    "...goal is not to fool anyone... but to appear as some one dressed as the opposite gender"

I am not sure I like somebody identifying my goals before I wake up in the morning.
    I like this post best...thanks Ronniegirl:

"..you are crossdressing...ie a crossdresser..I do not attach any other psychological meaning beyond that...but if one feels better dealing with what they enjoy doing or how they feel about it, and a label helps, then more power to you..Enjoy!"

My label is a guy that enjoys relaxing in soft feminine attire, I enjoy garters, hose n heels, makeup, forms, and looking in the mirror I see a softer being dressed than when I'm in my male mode. I'm thinking I don't like either term, as I've heard negative things about both terms. Mostly many think of both terms as degrading and something is wrong with those who enjoy doing what we do. I wish that men's clothing would start being more soft and that the men clothing industry and makeup industry would start making men's makeup and men's dresses thus gradually merge into the same thing as the female clothing, shoes and makeup. The hair industry is already there I've seen guy with perms n long curl and pony tails. Now get busy and do the same with everything else. JMHO

For the longest time, I was hung up with applying a label to myself. None seemed quite right in describing who I am.

In my mind we all sit somewhere on a spectrum. If you define a crossdresser as someone who likes wearing women's clothing, I'm definitely Waay more than that but I stop short of calling myself a transgender. Maybe a cross-gender or a trans-dresser? Lol

I consider myself a cd
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I am a completely straight male who can never pass as a woman and I have no desire to pass or live as a woman. I simply like to wear women's clothing from time to,time. So what am I? If there is some other term for what a person who behaves as I do, then I don't know it. I thought the right term was "cross dresser" and that's why I joined this site.

Not everyone is defined by those definitions. We are all individuals and I'd like to see it come to the day when we can be appreciated for who we are rather than fit under someone else's definition of who we are. Then we know we are making real progress.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Started as Transvestite but that changed to crossdresser. That then changed to non-binary maybe gender fluid. Strange that I accepted all those labels when I am just me! Hugs Lana Mae
    LOL, the word "transvestite" literately means crossdresser.
    Word meanings are often perverted in peoples minds..

As long as I can dress in girlything I don't care what you call my I'm happy.
    Angie

Platinum Member
    I have a "her" and a "him"side ...
    "Him" is who I have to put up to be Wendy
    And Wendy is not a cd Tv or outher type
    Wendy is who I am in my heart my mind
    And who keeps me alive and drives me
    Every day..... "Him" is our person who has a small part
    In our life kinda a balance ... he has the means to make Wendy possible.

I also don't agree with the OP's definitions. I don't even completely agree with Reine's definitions either, but at least she has crossdressing and transvestism as the same thing.

Someone else recently defined a transvestite as a guy that doesn't shave his body hair, but wears women's clothes. These are more like stereotypes than definitions IMO!

Until categories are agreed on by everyone I can't put myself into only one. Categories overlap for many of us anyway. Sometimes I shave my body hair, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I don't wear a wig and makeup, sometimes I do. Sometimes I feel dysphoria, usually I don't.

If I leave the house dressed, I'm gonna do my best to pass. At home alone I may dress to the nines or I may only wear a few women's garments.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

For me, crossdresser=transvestite. When I first started the term "crossdresser" didn't exist.

When describing myself, I prefer the term "woman." I also like T-girl, but not as much. I don't really mind any sort of term, as long as it's used respectfully.

"T-girl" I like that, it seems quite simple & to the point.

I hate the term transvestite. Its way out of date. CD is ok but I prefer transgender.

We are so willing to put ourselves in a box. What other people think of me is none of my business. I am OK with who I am, my wife loves all of me...I love all of her. I wear men's and women's clothes and try to present the best me possible. If people are disrespectful...then why are they in your life. Just my two cents.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

If trans means cross over then I guess we could be trans dressers, or we could be cross gendered. Ummmmmm

This subject comes up from time to time. It's always interesting to discover the origin for different terms. In this case "Transvestite" was a term coined by the German physician/sexologist and pioneering LGBT advocate Mangus Hirschfeld in his 1910 book titled "Transvestites: The Erotic Drive To Cross Dress." So, even in the beginning transvestite and cross-dresser meant exactly the same thing. I'm sure the good Dr. Hirschfeld meant for the term to be a step up from the likes of freak, pervert, evildoer and the like but some professionally offended people are just never going to be happy.

I can't see myself being anything more than a CD. I love wearing the dresses I wear and getting a bunch of photos taken, but I don't really have anything that would be passable in today's world and can't see myself really owning anything along those lines.