Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting CDing in midlife.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I had zero gender issues into my 50's. Never even thot about trying on women's things until then!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    This is an interesting thread, I really had not considered that anyone started after childhood. Was there any specific reasons or causes ?
    They put me on a hormonal med at about the same time. Plus my T count was dropping anyway. That's the only thing I can think of that changed.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

and look at the success you've achieved traci. be safe karrin

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Well, I started this at about age 13 or 14, then felt such huge shame and guilt, that i quit for decades, but in my 30's and 40's
    My story is very similar to Alice's, I dressed at a young age but stopped for a long time, I started again in my thirties, just underwear and tights etc.this has escalated over the years and now when I dress it is a fully female look

Silver Member
    A completely new, out of the blue interest in dressing in middle age is pretty rare. Not unheard of, but fairly rare, as others have said it manifests itself in some form from an early age.

Back when I was a young, I remember doing research on transvestism and remember reading research about men who started dressing suddenly in middle age or or older. Some speculated it was significant head trauma (this was a common one cited), certain drugs, and traumatic loss as possible reasons. Granted it is really dated today but I did find it rather interesting, and a contrast to the even-then company line of "any trans behavior whatsoever is inborn and can never be bought on nor changed".

I started around age 5 and quit when I went off to college. The urge mostly just went away until about the age of 40 when it cam back with a vengeance. Now its all I think about. And now, there is a sexual excitement component where there wasn't before. Also, before it was just dressing. Now, I want to look like a woman, be as feminine as I can be, and go out and blend in.