Thread: Coming out, The Journey Begins....

Coming out, The Journey Begins....

For years, I have felt that it was time to come out of the closet and live the life I want. My wife supports me, but I need to grow. The best decision I have ever made was starting therapy with an experienced CD/TG therapist a month ago. After 4 sessions, my anxiety about going out has almost disappeared and I decided that it was time to come out to selected people in my life. My first choice was to come out to the gal who cleans the house every 2 weeks. She is a lovely, 45 year old, woman and we have a very nice friendship. I surmised that there is no way that she could not have noticed my closet full of clothes and shoes. I felt it was fair to explain myself to alleviate any concerns she may have. So, I sat down with her and without an ounce of anxiety explained myself. To my relief, she said that she already suspected that I was TG and definitely knew that -in a good way- I was different. She explained that she has a lot of friends in the LGBT community. We had a wonderful chat, hugged each other, and she said, "I'm proud of you." She even suggested meeting for drinks and/or dinner with her friends. I feel peace in my heart and joy that I can continue the journey of my life....

BTW, I spoke with her in guy mode. During the conversation, I handed her my iPhone with a couple pictures of Joyce that my therapist took. She looked at them for a while, then looked at me with a "what am I supposed to see here" look. I told her it was me and she looked at the pictures again for a while. Looking at me again, she smiled and said, "Wow!". That was really nice to hear.Wow, how times have changed! I hope all the other coming outs go as well!

Hi Joyce,

We'll it certainly sounds liked you're off to a promising start. I wish you the best of luck in your journey. I agree that finding a good therapist can be a great help. After my wife found out about my crossdressing we began therapy and it has been very good for us.

Elizabeth

Joyce it sounds like you are on the right track, just the wow from the housekeeper is a great start.

It is always good to hear stories where the public has less fears than we imagine. I was tempted to tell my sister this past weekend but the timing was not right - too many other things on her plate right now to add this secret.
    You look wonderful in the avatar and having that peaceful feeling is wonderful.
    Hugs, Ellen

Thanks for sharing. You will find a new level of confidence and new desires to get out more now. I told my cleaning lady last week, one of the last to know about me. Enjoy and then enjoy more!

I am out to my daughter who has accidentally seen me dressed! My son verbally! My sister in law who I asked who the picture was of and told her it was someone she knew! She had no idea and I told her it was me! I have been to the mall to a MAC counter and they were so nice! I was over anxious and was waiting for something to happen and nothing happened! Trying to plan my next time out-soon! It is good to get out! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Joyce,
    It's good to read your story, coming out is a gradual process, to most of us eventually it has to happen , it's good to hear you have made a good start . Pictures are a great way of making the first steps, when you tell people you're a CDer many conjure up a guy in a ill fitting dress borrowed from his wife, maybe makeup badly applied staggering around in heels. I've had many WOWS !! They just don't believe a guy has the ability to do it so well and look that good . They don't realise that we genuinely have a female trait , that does give us many insights and abilities that women have, I love putting outfits together, finding out what works and what suits my figure, I love shopping and interacting with SAs, it feels natural and normal, coming out hasn't been that bad, I admit joining a social group does help, meeting others, chatting with them and their partners. OK I do want more, if and when I set up my own home I may go full time, I'm thinking that lifestyle through very carefully. I know this time it has to happen, I can't keep putting my wife through this cycle again she honestly can't live with it and I can't honestly live without it.

I had a great therapist too , she helped me to come out by giving me a selection of some lovely clothes she said she was disposing of .

Good to hear your journey has gotten off to a great start Joyce.. best of luck and look forward to hearing more about it.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec