Thread: Houston's GNO - August 25

Houston's GNO - August 25

At the suggestion of several of the local (and not so local) girls...

Announcing the commencement of regular monthly get-togethers, on the fourth Friday of every month. That means the next one is just one month away, on Friday, August 25th!

I think it's a great idea. Some of the girls need longer lead times to plan their outings and the regular event will help with that, I hope. Brook has a couple of great "theme" and venue ideas for upcoming events, so I expect we'll toss those around, along with any new ones that come up, this Friday. Whatever we do, it's all about girl friends supporting each other and having fun together. So...

"Y'all come, because if you don't, you know we're going to talk about you when you're not there."

Aunt Kelly,

Well...I am spending that week in Portland, OR seeing close friends, and....3 days at Victoria's Over the Rainbow...so I will be having my own adventure in the Pacific NW.
    Fly in day of eclipse. Love the regular schedule idea, helps planning.
    Act from Greatness rather from weakness..

You can count me in for this one Kelly

I pretty sure I can make this one. Where? Time?

We talked it over at dinner last Friday, and the consensus is that we should make Riva's the regular spot for dinner. The food is great, the prices are great, and I think we just might be the maitre d's favorite customers. He sure makes us feel that way. That alone makes it worth patronizing the place.
    7:00 PM seems to be the earliest reasonable time, given that some of us still work for a living. It's open for discussion though. Besides, I'm just filling in. You started this thing so... your call.

I'm all about Rivas as our permanent hang out for the Wammy Jammy Sisterhood. The manager, Randy is a one man show and there is no cover.

OK, ladies. We're only two weeks out now, from the August Houston Girl's Night Out. Time to stand up and be counted. So far, we're just four - Morgan, Jeri Ann, Brook and myself. Lauri K, are you going to be around on the 25th?
    Who else wants to start their Friday evening with us at Riva's?

If I lived in Houston and came any closeness to passing as a GG I'd love to go but since I only look like a G ( joke intended )
    Y'all are so lucky to be able to go out and have a fun evening. I would have to drive about eight hours to join ya. Y'all have fun.

There is only one in our little group who passes effortlessly, Jaylyn, but it just doesn't matter. Most of us would fool no one who gave us a second glance, but we still have fun. Part of it is the venue - we're treated like queens (there, I said it) at Riva's, but I have never been treated badly anywhere I've been in this town. Again, common sense dictates that certain types of places are best avoided, but you might be surprised how easy things come with confidence and a winning smile.

But yeah, I understand. Eight hours is just too danged far to drive for dinner, even in Texas.

We are in the early stages of planning an two day affair for later this fall, in Austin, most likely. So now we're talking just six hours for you. We need to firm up some details, but if we're able to pull it off, well, let's just say it will be worth the trip.

BTW, ladies, We're up to five now for August 25th GNO. Come on. The more the merrier!

OMG! Kelly. I can't believe you put yourself up on a pedestal like that! The rest of us don't look that bad. I'm hurt. Now I have lipstick on my chin!

I can't wait to order some wine and fettuccine! I've been craving it so bad!

Fettuccine is Kelly's favorite pasta too. She will probably order chicken alfredo with hers. Lauri always gets the cannelloni. I am going to sit between them with a fork, Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 08-16-2017 at 08:10 PM.