Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think average non-trans guys ever get curious and try on clothes and make-up

Do you think average non-trans guys ever get curious and try on clothes and make-up

I often wonder if I weren't transgender, would I ever has tried on women's clothes just out of sheer wonder.

To see an beautiful ball gown or shoes and just say Hmmm what the heck?

What is it like to dress like that how does it feel logistically?

So I guess I am asking in the wrong place since by definition we have are predisposed

Do you think most Joe Sixpacks has tried on a dress and undies at some point?

jRlo4Hhm.jpg

It's possible I suppose. I think it would depend a lot on how open-minded that person is and perhaps how tactile they are. When I came clean with my best friend who was once into amateur dramatics he told me that he liked playing the Dame in pantomime because he found the outfits eye-catching and that the materials felt so comfortable. The thing is he isn't a CD and doesn't fall anywhere under the TG tree. I asked him why and he said he liked to appreciate his feminine side.

As for other men, sure you'll get the other type who might try on pair of panties or a bra if they're game for a laugh and then there are others who might do it as a way to spice up their relationship but for the majority of Joe Sixpacks I doubt it. Could be wrong of course.

Many very young boys try this as they explore who they are, but I do not think many grown men do more than a wig for a laugh or maybe one piece (bra or dress) for a quick joke. Makeup - no. Most shoes would not fit - maybe on dare from a SO who had close to same size.
    Hugs, Ellen

I'd say that they probably wouldn't even if they had the chance to secretly and safely try on womens clothes and makeup as their ego's wouldn't be able to handle it, I mean it's not as if the compulsion to crossdress is something you wake up with one morning in your mid thirties straight out of nowhere and with no warning, it's like me suddenly deciding that I wanted to be a bull fighter, it would be so out of character and so alien to my mindset that it wouldn't happen.

When they do try something on it is for a joke. Someone films it and it ends up on YouTube. Years later, over a beer, someone says, "Hey, remember the time..."

Absolutely! You can bet the farm on it. Women's lingerie has been a male magnet for decades. If you feel and smell panties , bras, etc. I believe curiosity to see how they feel will eventually win. Dressing whether curiosity or desire, usually occurs when no one is around, so who's to know or find out or get caught? I believe there are many more of us than any statistical report, especially those who wear "underneath". Are hunters, skiers, runners cders because they wear pantyhose? Many do. Many try and find nothing. Then there are those like us. 👠👗💄💅👄👙👚👜 😉

Aspiring Member
    Could well be. I am involved in organising numerous charity events and guys will often use it as an excuse to dress as females and wear bra, dress, wig, tights etc. Supposedly it is for a joke, or is it an excuse to try female clothes?
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

This behavior is extremely common in young children. They are curious about the opposite sex and are learning about gender differentiation. Girls do it; boys do it; most all do it. The real question is why some don't. It is that common. Mom and dad rarely find out. It is a kind of play and when young we learn a great deal by playing make believe. It is a very healthy behavior.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I think for the majority of Joe the plumbers no,and that tought has probably never crossed their minds. I pin pointed my CDing starting between age 8 and 10 years old so this is more for me a life,this is me ,born this way.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. Altho, this is a common trans fantasy it seems.

I know. I was a Regular Joe for my 1st 50 years. No gender issues at all. While I had numerous opportunities to try on my GF 's and wife's clothing, I didn't. And, here's why:

Because the thot to try on women's things never entered my mind!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have no desire to become a woman, I just enjoy the clothing. In my day to day life I am a bald headed, bearded, motorcycle rider, working in a masculine trade. Behind closed doors I like to get a little feminine once in a while.

Oh yes, I bet it happens more then people admit or more then anyone thinks.
    Brandy Mathews

I'm thinking for Halloween or charity maybe. All it takes is once for some to get "hooked".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That's how I got started. Just out if curiosity of what it was like to wear a skirt. When I tried on that first skirt I had never felt feminine or thought about being a girl. So do I answer yes I was normal and tried on girls clothes or because now it is more do i answer no?

Silver Member
    I think there are a lot of men who secretly would like to try on a bra or a skirt or what ever but they are deathly afraid to because they feel the need to maintain a macho he man image. Some try to get around this by doing it as a joke or on a dare, or maybe they fantasize about forced feminization so they could deny it all to their drinking buds.

Banned Read only
    Paula,
    On the whole I think not, if the female trait isn't there they don't make the same connections . It's why so many women don't accept it and can't understand it they don't have the trait to recognise it .

If the wiring is different the right connections get made and the chemistry kicks in , at least that is what happened to me . It all happened at 8-9 years and was locked in my brain for the rest of my life . Once you've come to terms with it I do feel we are very lucky having this extra dimension, the tricky bit is how far does it go ? That one I truthfully can't answer .

Some young guys may have a thing about a partners knickers and masturbate into them but , that is something often grown out of.

I bet all have at one time or another, some just won't admit it due to it being not a guy thing

Pretty in Pink

During a party me and 2 other guys there took off our shirts and wore bras the rest of the night. It was as a joke but only 1 out of us 3 secretly enjoyed it (I think). At another party a few of us let the girls paint our toenails pink. Girls that are not GFs or wives love to do this to guys for some reason lol

Here's my thought. If you are curious enough to try dressing & makeup, you are not an average non trans but rather you are somewhere on the cisgender - transgender continuum.

Platinum Member
    Like you said, its awfully difficult to speak for someone who's life perspective I have never shared. I suppose the reactions to the thought would be fairly diverse, from those open minded individuals who might just see it as a lark, to those so fragile in their masculinity that they fear ever approaching any gender boundaries.

Aspiring Member
    Growing up I went to schools that had womanless pageants during spirit week, and skits at pep rallies where crossdressing was common. I never joined in the fun because at the time whenever I crossdressed at home, I would get so excited I would shake, and I be so aroused that I feared I would orgasm. The guys at school who would crossdress would be so at ease I envied them. Those guys were funny, made jokes, and were so cool..

I also knew several of my male neighors who dressed as girls for Halloween, and others who just did a little crossdressing as a dare or joke.. I have to say that none of these guys ever talked about crossdressing at other times. They just did it for the moment to be funny and then seemed to be completely unaffected.

I grew up thinking that about 50% of boys do crossdress at some time in their lives and they do NOT crossdress again. At least that was my experience.

I'm sure some do it out of curiosity; after all, we go through life listening to females complain endlessly about how difficult their lives are, how uncomfortable the clothes/shoes are, etc.. So I think it's natural to wonder what all the fuss is about. So, some will try the clothes, and shoes, on to see exactly why it's such a big deal. But most? Probably not. They simply don't care. All they want from women, is to wear the sexiest stuff possible (at least until they become wives and mothers, then the whole madonna/ 'ho problem arises).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Clothes: yes, when curiosity meets opportunity.
    Makeup: not likely

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    I have no desire to become a woman, I just enjoy the clothing. In my day to day life I am a bald headed, bearded, motorcycle rider, working in a masculine trade. Behind closed doors I like to get a little feminine once in a while.
    It's nice to hear from another miad.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I agree with NancySue on post 6. Some younger guys are curious and may not try on lingerie but get a sexual urge to touch those type of garments. And some might go further and wear them for a sexual thrill without ever getting into dresses or bras.

A male member of my family is an example of this and he ended up wearing women's cotton underwear regularly. And another got into his mom's underclothes as an adolescent. I also had a friend ask me if I ever looked thru my girlfriend's purse for panties. So, I'd say it's more common than what many men would admit.

Furthermore, I have some suspicion that someone I know (who speaks out against TG and gay rights) has a strong (secret) fetish for lingerie. Maybe he's even tried on a garter belt but who knows? But people tend to say things when drinking too much that they wouldn't normally admit.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder