Thread: a recent outing

a recent outing

I only get fully made up and presentable for the outside world (in my mind) after professional makeovers -- something I keep meaning to rectify but never get around to do. My most recent adventure was a few weeks ago on what turned out to be a perfect summer day.

The makeover was done by someone I had not used before. In addition to the usual stuff, she applied makeup to the exposed area of my chest which covered up any flaws but emphasized my cleavage. The artist agreed that it looked pretty authentic.

I left the session wearing a pair of white capris and a black v neck t-shirt which I bought from Kohl's especially for the post-makeover outing. Glad the weather cooperated because I really did not want to wear my backup outfit -- leggings. new wig, a pair of white flats, jewelry and one of my mom's old bags finished the ensemble. She passed away a couple of years ago, always suspected I raided her closet as a teen, and had great taste in handbags.

I drove to a nearby outlet center. First I stopped at a Starbucks drive thru and, in my best girly voice, ordered a drink.The girl at the window probably figured me out but neither of us could care.

Then I went to try to find some sandals at a Payless. The shoe liners were slipping and I was getting tired f fixing them. As you all know, some Payless are better suited to us girls with larger feet than others. The one I was in was not one of them.

Outlet centers are hit or miss. The one I went to is smallish and had a few vacancies. Struck out on clothes and shoes but bought some foundation wear at Maidenform. The sales assistants raved about my makeup and said that I looked very pretty. I just gave the biggest smile of my life.

Wish one of the shoe stores had my size. It's not a perfect world.

A couple of women also came up to me and asked for directions. "Excuse me miss ....................." Never happened to me before. Managed to answer the best I could. They did not bat an eyelash.

This was the first time I was out and about in such a public place. My prior experiences were with single stores such as Lane Bryant and the like. Just went through it like one of the girls. Perhaps the most empowering and fun day of my CD life, even if the shopping was a bit of a bust. Next time the mall in a skirt?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Wow, what a great day that was. Sad to here about your mum and don't quite agree with you going through her things. Any hows great to read you enjoyed a great day out.

You sound as if you have everything worked out and can quite comfortably go on a nice outing!
    "That itself is priceless"

Wish you well on your next outing!

Nothing more empowering than a nice skirt either!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Who did you use for the makeover? It sounds like he or she did a great job!
    I love myself in curves!

Thanks for the post Melissa. I always love to hear about others outings. Sounds like a great time. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone to go with? Sigh, maybe someday.