Thread: My coming out story-- we're engaged!!!

My coming out story-- we're engaged!!!

I must admit that my coming out story is a bit unusual. I’ve known the woman that I just came out to as a crossdresser since we were about 15 years old. We’re both 52 now. We were high school sweethearts. We broke up before the end of high school and I moved to the Seattle area after high school. I came out to a couple of women in my 20’s and was accepted both times.

When we were in our late 20’s, my high school sweetie and I got back in contact and we rekindled our relationship. I moved back to Spokane and we moved in together, and after a couple of years we were married. Even though I’d been out to women in the past, I was too afraid to come out to her at that time. She had 2 young children in the house, and we ended up having a daughter of our own. We divorced after 6 years of marriage for reasons unrelated to crossdressing. I still dressed while were married, but it was limited and my small stash was never found.

So here we are in our early 50’s and we’re back together for a couple of years now. We were talking about getting a place together, so it was obvious to me that now is the time to come out to her. It’s been a few months now since I came out to her, and all I can say is that her level of acceptance is complete and wonderful!

As mentioned, I’ve been out to women in the past. And I’ve been on this site for a while, so I knew how to quickly lay my cards on the table. I told her that I liked to wear women’s clothes—that I was a crossdresser. I informed her that I wasn’t gay, don’t want to transition, have been dressing since my early teens, and was too afraid to come out to her in the past because society does not always accept crossdressers. I encouraged her to talk to her counselor about this, and she did. She really appreciated that I made it clear that I was OK with that. I offered couples counseling, but she’s not thinking we need that with everything she’s learned from me, the internet, and her counselor.

I love this woman. I made it very clear to her that I was willing to introduce this part of myself slowly and she was having none of that. She actually nudged me into to wearing a dress in front of her for the first time. And she’s worn my lingerie to bed with me. That’s all I have to say about that. Lol.

We had vaguely talked about marriage before I came out to her. But at our age, with our children grown, it wasn’t something that was on the immediate horizon. Once her full level of acceptance became apparent to me, that changed. She said yes!

We plan on going out on Halloween as our first time out together. I’m going to get some professional help with makeup, and she’s going to the wig shop with me to help me pick. After that, she’s all in to go out whenever we want. I’m sure I’ll post some pics!

I’m sorry for the long post. But it feels great to write it all out. It also feels so wonderful to be in an open and accepting relationship again. I’ve been very fortunate and the women I’ve come out to have been accepting.
    Last edited by Leelou; 07-29-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Congrads hun........
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Congratulations

Lee, congratulations. Sounds like a long relationship road.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Lee,

Beautiful, thanks for sharing! I am a sucker for romance. Sounds like to me you two are meant for each other. Love wins in the end. Always.

I think that many women gain ability to accept F-energy in their mates with age, experience and maturity.

Congrats Lee, and thanks for sharing. Happy too hear it turned out so well for you. Kudos to you both. Keep going, and keep enjoying.

Karen

What a wonderful story. An epic romance if ever their was one. Congratulations. Let us know when you set the date.

Hugs,

Kelly

Congratulations and best wishes for a great future

Platinum Member
    What a lovely story! Its so nice to hear about people who can overcome decades of trials and end up back together. I wish you both the very, very best.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Wow, congratulations sounds wonderful what a sweet story.
    Thanks for sharing

Gold Member
    Great news, good luck and be happy for ever.
    rader

Congratulations!

Thank you everyone, for the congratulations and best wishes for our future! This is a very exciting time for me and I'll be sure to share this new road that we're heading down with the forum.

Thanks again,
    Leelou

Congratulations!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Wonderful news !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I'm sure it is a very exciting time for you and rightly so. Congratulations and wish the very best for you and your new found love.

You lucky thing!! Almost used the B word and was not sure, as we are not friends, would you take it in the humorous spirit I would have intended!!

I wish you both a long, loving and lingerie filled life!!

Will you both wear a wedding dress?? Inquiring minds want to know

Thanks Crystal! Lucky b word can only be interpreted in a humorous and positive spirit that was intended! Just don't know if it would make it past the mods

It's funny you mentioned the wedding dress. Of course, I've thought about it! It probably won't happen for the actual ceremony, but she's been so awesome that I'm thinking about asking her if she'd go shopping with me for a wedding dress for a private ceremony. And of course, there will be wedding night lingerie!

Thanks again,
    Leelou

Platinum Member
    Hi Leelou, You just have to love a story with a happy ending, Thanks for sharing......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

We are always glad to hear happy acceptance stories. And someone who knows you for such a long time can see it did not change the real you. Whatever was the issue that caused the break up after 6 years of marriage, hopefully is no longer an issue or brought out that you both will work very hard on it to not be an issue.
    Congratulation on finding happiness!
    Hugs, Ellen